Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Early access to Madden NFL 15 has arrived for EA Access subscribers.

Exclusive to Xbox One users, EA Access subscribers get six hours of gameplay. So make sure you close out of the app when it's not in use. The timer starts when you start the game and pauses when you exit and close the app.

UPDATE: EA Access subscribers can download it, but can't actually play it. We will update when they get it working...

UPDATE #2: Just received this Twitter response from EA Access.

UPDATE #3: Everything works now, post your impressions in the new post.

Quote:
Hey Steve, we're aware of an issue with the trial. Microsoft is working on a fix. We'll make sure everyone gets their full time.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 jbd345 @ 08/21/14 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Doesn't quite work that way. You paid for something to start at a certain time. It should work as advertised. Maybe he has to work all weekend or is going out of town. It would be like driving to an amusement park and when you get there they say we're closed and we're not sure when we're opening. After you already bought the tickets and drove an hour to get there. (Thinking they would be open as stated on their website).
This 100%. Ea said the game would be playable at noon. They failed to keep that promiss whether or not it was on there end or microsofts. Consumers have the right to be upset when a product doesn't do what is advertised.

# 162 MrPinkBlackrose @ 08/21/14 02:21 PM
Somehow I knew it wouldn't work on day 1....but I'm all for compensation in the form of 6 days unlimited access. What could it hurt? Really, we are PAYING for the service...terrible.

# 163 George954 @ 08/21/14 02:22 PM
Everyone should be a little upset. MF's paid for this $5/$30.. I told my girl a lie so she can leave me alone for a few hours.

# 164 B1MM3R @ 08/21/14 02:23 PM
So it's confirmed that wont be available at all today?

# 165 SladeWilson @ 08/21/14 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
This 100%. Ea said the game would be playable at noon. They failed to keep that promiss whether or not it was on there end or microsofts. Consumers have the right to be upset when a product doesn't do what is advertised.
Well, in EA's defense, they said the trial would start at 9am PDT and "roll out" across the globe after that. They didnt specifically say, "hey at 12pm you can play Madden."

But I get the frustration. Its pretty lame that iv got EA Access, iv got the game downloaded and i still cant play it.

I do think this has something to do with the fact MS just launched their pre purchase system. It appears that MS cant differentiate between us Access users and non access users, which is why we seem to be locked out of the game.

# 166 Eski33 @ 08/21/14 02:23 PM
As disappointing as this is, I figured there would be issues especially with the large quantity of people downloading.

I read a few reviews in progress and they were nothing but positive. On Tuesday, people will forget the 6-hour rule and this download debacle.

However, I hope the issue is corrected today. I've been waiting two weeks to get a first person look at the game.

# 167 jmurphy31 @ 08/21/14 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1MM3R
So it's confirmed that wont be available at all today?
Haven't heard that yet.

# 168 cavsfan2 @ 08/21/14 02:24 PM
When people paid for this product they did it with certain assurances. They spent their money and didn't get what they paid for. I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't be upset.

# 169 GruffyMcGuiness @ 08/21/14 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by George954
Everyone should be a little upset. MF's paid for this $5/$30.. I told my girl a lie so she can leave me alone for a few hours.
You put your life on the line for Madden, my man. You're braver than me!

# 170 Mauer4MVP @ 08/21/14 02:27 PM
Please just make it accessible for the full 5 days.

# 171 B1MM3R @ 08/21/14 02:32 PM
Well I'm sure EA will fix the issue and compensate in some way for the delay, unlike most I like ea sports and the ea access program with the vault.

# 172 DaveDQ @ 08/21/14 02:33 PM
We are essentially beta testers when it comes to these things. As many have noted, other games have these issues on launch. Heck, NBA 2K to this day still doesn't deliver with its online modes.

There are no excuses. Things should work, but for as long as I can remember, the technology for these types of things is always troublesome.

# 173 aholbert32 @ 08/21/14 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
So between now and Monday you wont have any time to play the game? You paid to get 6 hours of game time early. You made the mistake of expecting everything to work correctly. Now everything should have worked correctly. But its not. You will still get your 6 hours. You just wont get it today.

After what happened with GTA Online and the Digital version of MLB The Show. I never expect something like this to work from the start.
LOL! LOL! I made "a mistake" expecting something I purchased to work like they said it would!? LOL! This is by far one of the silliest posts I've ever read.

# 174 SladeWilson @ 08/21/14 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiX
Lol only on this website you have to argue over your right to be upset when a paid service doesn't work as advertised.
I just think some users are trying to tell others to be a little bit more rational. People seem to have a REALLY short fuse with EA that they don't have with other companies.

People seem to be forgetting that EA Access is more than just early access to Madden 15. Its discounts on current DLC, future DLC, current games and future games and the service offers Madden 25, FIFA 14, Battlefield and Peggle to play right now for no additional cost than what it takes to sign up for the service. So, the service works in more place than it falters.

I totally get it though. As i said earlier, Iv got access and iv got the game downloaded, id like to be able to play the thing.

# 175 DanH35 @ 08/21/14 02:35 PM
I just hope when they fix it, we won't have to delete and download again. It took 3 and a half hours for me to download.

# 176 Mauer4MVP @ 08/21/14 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
We are essentially beta testers when it comes to these things. As many have noted, other games have these issues on launch. Heck, NBA 2K to this day still doesn't deliver with its online modes.

There are no excuses. Things should work, but for as long as I can remember, the technology for these types of things is always troublesome.
Especially the first go around. People have every right to be upset. They may have planned their weekend to play the game tonight.

I'm not that upset because I know there are always unplanned bugs that you can't plan for or address until they actually occur.

# 177 SladeWilson @ 08/21/14 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
I just hope when they fix it, we won't have to delete and download again. It took 3 and a half hours for me to download.
Same. Mine downloaded in just over 2 hours. Rather not wait through that again haha.

# 178 aholbert32 @ 08/21/14 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SladeWilson
I just think some users are trying to tell others to be a little bit more rational. People seem to have a REALLY short fuse with EA that they don't have with other companies.

People seem to be forgetting that EA Access is more than just early access to Madden 15. Its discounts on current DLC, future DLC, current games and future games and the service offers Madden 25, FIFA 14, Battlefield and Peggle to play right now for no additional cost than what it takes to sign up for the service. So, the service works in more place than it falters.

I totally get it though. As i said earlier, Iv got access and iv got the game downloaded, id like to be able to play the thing.
This isnt the case. I would be just as mad if this was Sony, MS or 2k doing this. I'm amazed that there are people trying to rationalize this. I bought something and one of the key components of what I bought isnt working and we have no idea when it will start working. Its really that simple.

# 179 Mauer4MVP @ 08/21/14 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SladeWilson
Same. Mine downloaded in just over 2 hours. Rather not wait through that again haha.
I can't wait until these times are cut down in the future. It's the one thing that I hate about next-gen. I understand multiple people downloading the same game online may slow things down, but if I'm using a disc it shouldn't take as long as it does.

# 180 aholbert32 @ 08/21/14 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ

I will say I never had an issue with Season Ticket and I bought that when it first came out.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.