Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

2K Sports has released this new NBA 2K15 video (Instagram, very short clip), featuring some of the mascots in the game. Ronnie mentioned that he couldn't wait to see OS break it down, so let's hear it!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 justanotherguy @ 08/28/14 01:38 PM
I like seeing the return of the mascots and cheerleaders, but I can only hope that there is more to them than just one routine that we'll see each game. If there is a half time show, I want to see the mascot interacting with the crowd, maybe even punking a fan that's supporting the away team.

And in the playoffs, with the addition of player intros, I want to see the mascots waving the team flag and hyping up the crowd during time outs. I'm all in for the mascots, I just hope their role isn't diminished to just a character on the sidelines. But otherwise, glad to see that they are back and looking great.

# 22 Pirate @ 08/28/14 02:03 PM
I am of the nature to skip studio shows, halftime entertainment, and dancing mascots. I just want to play the game. Features like this seem like window dressing, and only that. Often the same stock lines are repeated, the same halftime show occurs, and the mascot dancing gets old quickly. I'd like to see real NBA D-league players, more euro teams, more historical rosters.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I'd like to know who has the time to sit through a studio show and who actually finds enjoyment from them game after game after game.

# 23 ClevelandinDistress @ 08/28/14 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
I am of the nature to skip studio shows, halftime entertainment, and dancing mascots. I just want to play the game. Features like this seem like window dressing, and only that. Often the same stock lines are repeated, the same halftime show occurs, and the mascot dancing gets old quickly. I'd like to see real NBA D-league players, more euro teams, more historical rosters.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I'd like to know who has the time to sit through a studio show and who actually finds enjoyment from them game after game after game.
You sound like the type of guy to drink water at a frat party.

# 24 VDusen04 @ 08/28/14 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate

I think all those little things are a part of the big picture, whether folks always indulge and appreciate them all the time or not. I am of the vein that if one is creating a simulation basketball game, then reality can also serve as a worthy base. Will I watch the Toronto Raptor dance during each time-out? No. But does it feel as though something is missing when he's not there? It can.

Regarding the half-time shows, I'm trying to remember how I operated with NFL 2K5, but I believe I watched a lot of those, alongside the Sportscenter and Draft Previews. It most certainly added to the immersion and overall experience. I believe it's more a matter of how people manage their time as opposed to whether they have enough of it. For instance, perhaps instead of playing 82 games per season in my franchise, I only play 20-30 and spend other available game minutes connecting to my season through half-time reports, post-game details, and whatever else may come down the pipe.

All that said, I completely respect your decision to skip all of that stuff. In recent years, I have as well, as I found the half-time report to be woefully uninteresting.

# 25 lilteapot @ 08/28/14 03:29 PM
I usually skip intros, halftime shows and everything unless it's the playoffs; then i'll skip the halftime show but watch the intros because the commentators have some interesting things to say for once.

but for me the presentation means most when i'm actually playing a game, so the crowd, commentary, things like that.

# 26 Kaanyr Vhok @ 08/28/14 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
That molly water

# 27 Sundown @ 08/28/14 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I think all those little things are a part of the big picture, whether folks always indulge and appreciate them all the time or not. I am of the vein that if one is creating a simulation basketball game, then reality can also serve as a worthy base. Will I watch the Toronto Raptor dance during each time-out? No. But does it feel as though something is missing when he's not there? It can.

Regarding the half-time shows, I'm trying to remember how I operated with NFL 2K5, but I believe I watched a lot of those, alongside the Sportscenter and Draft Previews. It most certainly added to the immersion and overall experience. I believe it's more a matter of how people manage their time as opposed to whether they have enough of it. For instance, perhaps instead of playing 82 games per season in my franchise, I only play 20-30 and spend other available game minutes connecting to my season through half-time reports, post-game details, and whatever else may come down the pipe.

All that said, I completely respect your decision to skip all of that stuff. In recent years, I have as well, as I found the half-time report to be woefully uninteresting.
I still watch the halftime show if I'm interested in savoring my first half performance or if the game was interesting. I probably give it a watch half the time. Meanwhile, one of my friends was paging through all the next gen stuff at my launch party his first game even though not everyone (including himself) had even seen the stuff yet. Come on bro.

# 28 Pirate @ 08/29/14 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
Indeed I was... while I stole your girlfriend.

# 29 Shinyhubcaps @ 08/29/14 09:12 PM
I love me some mascots. Let's hope they're all in this time. In 2K9-2K10, about 25% of the mascots were missing (including my Bucks).

# 30 Kaanyr Vhok @ 08/31/14 01:20 PM
Funny how the NBA 2k mascots have better fur maps than Sabrewulf on Killer Instinct.

# 31 BobbyColtrane @ 09/01/14 12:45 PM
Coyote or gtfo

# 32 johanan anneus @ 09/01/14 04:55 PM
Yeah they better have Burnie in there...

# 33 J_Posse @ 09/02/14 11:57 AM
Gotta see the Coyote make his return to the series. It'll be like MJ's return in 2K11 for us Spur fans, LOL.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

# 34 VDusen04 @ 09/02/14 01:02 PM
Are mascots individually trademarked and/or licensed? Is that why some have historically gone missing in the 2K series?

# 35 Goffs @ 09/02/14 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Are mascots individually trademarked and/or licensed? Is that why some have historically gone missing in the 2K series?
Sounds like it....I've always thought the NBA as a whole entity and not in pieces...some of the old school jerseys are missing as well due to licensing issues.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.