Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Andre Drummond just tweeted out his NBA 2K15 player rating, along with a screenshot of himself in the game.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 2_headedmonster @ 09/04/14 11:29 PM
a glass cleaner with no shot, post moves, handles or monumental defensive impact rated 83 scares me. but im trying to keep the new system in mind.

# 2 thedream2k13 @ 09/04/14 11:43 PM
I have a lot to learn about this new rating system. The guy is average at blocks but rebounds great that's it and is a 83.

# 3 thedream2k13 @ 09/04/14 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Kilroy
I'm sorry, but just in case you missed the memo, Andre Drummond can ball.

Handles, Passing, PIP shot bot blocking and rebounding
">
please tell me you didn't post a 2011 pick up ball mixed tape video to compare it to his professional basketball 2k rating?

CMON SON

# 4 VDusen04 @ 09/05/14 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Kilroy
I'm sorry, but just in case you missed the memo, Andre Drummond can ball.

Handles, Passing, PIP shot bot blocking and rebounding
Andre's a very effective basketball player and as a Pistons fan I pull for the big guy, but he has glaring holes. He's such a huge dude with such athletic ability that he can engulf rebounds like very little others ever could. He's also very good at collecting alley-oop passes. He can dribble in a straight line in the open floor with solid skill and occasionally he'll display a soft touch inside.

On the flip side, he has virtually zero ability with his back to the basket. He also cannot shoot outside of five feet and struggles to make 40% of his free throws. Moreover, his overall court awareness is lacking (his slow defensive rotations have been covered time and again in our region). He is also somewhat foul prone and still developing his stamina. With all those things taken into account, it was tough to get his overall up in previous 2K's.

That said, I'd be curious to see how Drummond fits within the context of the new rating system. I've already forgotten exactly how it works. Is it based on position? Or player type? If Drummond is considered a garbage man of sorts, cleaning up the boards, tying up loose ends (alleys, blocks, putbacks) then I suppose an 83 would be fitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
please tell me you didn't post a 2011 pick up ball mixed tape video to compare it to his professional basketball 2k rating?

CMON SON
Oh, his video did not show up for me. That may have explained some things.

# 5 ojandpizza @ 09/05/14 12:03 AM
I guess we should expect similar rating for Deandre Jordan? Perhaps higher even since his help defense, as of right now, is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 6 amedawg00 @ 09/05/14 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
An 83 for a completely one dimensional, athletic, and albeit raw young player with crazy potential and room to improve? This new ratings system has me saying (read below).

# 7 thedream2k13 @ 09/05/14 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
An 83 for a completely one dimensional, athletic, and albeit raw young player with crazy potential and room to improve? This new ratings system has me saying (read below).

Don't pull out the Kai green !

# 8 Phreezy P @ 09/05/14 12:24 AM
You people are misinterpreting the ratings. I doubt the rating system anywhere near the same as before, and I think it's placed more on his value on the floor than his actual skillset. He's not monumental (Who said you needed to be a top defensive player in the league to be not even 85 overall?) on defense but he certainly is one of the better defensive centers in the NBA. He doesn't have great post moves but on the run and off the glass he's highly efficient.

# 9 luda06 @ 09/05/14 12:25 AM
Andre Drummond is an excellent finisher around the rim. He can block, he's arguably the most athletic center in the league, and he's probably on pace to be the best rebounding big very quickly.

More than likely, he'll average anywhere between 16-21 points, 13-17 rebounds, 2 blocks and a steal next season. His rating in 2K will increase.

# 10 2_headedmonster @ 09/05/14 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreezy P
You people are misinterpreting the ratings. I doubt the rating system anywhere near the same as before, and I think it's placed more on his value on the floor than his actual skillset. He's not monumental (Who said you needed to be a top defensive player in the league to be not even 85 overall?) on defense but he certainly is one of the better defensive centers in the NBA. He doesn't have great post moves but on the run and off the glass he's highly efficient.
When outside of rebounding, you do nothing else besides put it in well from 3ft, you need to be monumental on defense IMO to be an 83

An 83 in the realm of "rebounders"? Maybe, but how do you slant overalls that way when compared to more complete players like Dwight, Davis and Cousins?

# 11 HowDareI @ 09/05/14 12:44 AM
I can't believe people are really getting this upset over his overall lol

He probably has a high inside shot, layup, and dunk rating.
Mid 90 offensive/defensive rebound, and block.

As a center in today's NBA, that's all that's asked of you...and weren't we all "so happy" with the new ratings system? Jeez.

# 12 og236 @ 09/05/14 12:46 AM
People look into overall too much

# 13 SuperNova854 @ 09/05/14 12:47 AM
If Drummond is an 83 DeAndre Jordan better be at least an 85. DJ had a much better season then Drummond did. I was expecting a 78 for Drummond.

# 14 2_headedmonster @ 09/05/14 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I can't believe people are really getting this upset over his overall lol

He probably has a high inside shot, layup, and dunk rating.
Mid 90 offensive/defensive rebound, and block.

As a center in today's NBA, that's all that's asked of you...and weren't we all "so happy" with the new ratings system? Jeez.
" all so happy" is a bit of hyperbole. Interested, intrigued or curious would probably be a fair description.

# 15 Sundown @ 09/05/14 01:03 AM
I was a little concerned since Drummond has paring weaknesses, but then thought-- do I consider him important in his role-- and said, yeah I'm okay with this.

I do expect that increasing in rating is actually somewhat difficult in this new system-- if the skills gained don't directly contribute to a role, or may just switch you to a new role where you'll still have a comparative rating.

# 16 lakers24 @ 09/05/14 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by og236
People look into overall too much

Which is the problem with this crap. Instead of worrying about ACTUAL ratings (which I know 2k isn't releasing) people get antsy about an overall. I see this similar to how I look at team overalls, not really that big a deal tbh. You'll still know and feel the difference between the Cavs and T'Wolves.

# 17 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/05/14 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
When outside of rebounding, you do nothing else besides put it in well from 3ft, you need to be monumental on defense IMO to be an 83

An 83 in the realm of "rebounders"? Maybe, but how do you slant overalls that way when compared to more complete players like Dwight, Davis and Cousins?
The whole point of an overall rating is for CPU Ai. Last season the game shipped with Andre Drummond as a 72 and Billups an 81. That was terrible. That means they had to do double work to keep the management AI on point. One dimensional or not Drummond is still the most or second most valuable player on the Pistons. The fact that the overall rating reflects this is a step in the right direction.

# 18 Danbo80 @ 09/05/14 01:32 AM
His speed, quick, and vert are probably real high. Add to that elite rebounding, and many above average ratings(for a center), 83 sounds reasonable. 2k underated Bigs for years.
The New system seems to be correcting that.

# 19 Danbo80 @ 09/05/14 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
The whole point of an overall rating is for CPU Ai. Last season the game shipped with Andre Drummond as a 72 and Billups an 81. That was terrible. That means they had to do double work to keep the management AI on point. One dimensional or not Drummond is still the most or second most valuable player on the Pistons. The fact that the overall rating reflects this is a step in the right direction.
Thank you for saying what I was thinking. This new system seems like a value system instead of just pure overall.

If Drummond hit the market as a FA right now, He would be in high demand. IMO 10-12 mil per. Yeah that may be overpaying him, but thats what good big men go for.

I don't think they over estimated his individual ratings. They just increased his value.

# 20 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/05/14 02:48 AM
It'll be interesting what they'll rate Hibbert.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.