Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

A couple of NBA Live 15 gameplay videos have popped up on Instagram this morning.

Video #1

Video #2

Thanks to @tdawgsmitty!

UPDATE: Looks like the videos have been deleted.

UPDATE #2: NotYourAverageFlight has uploaded the videos to his YouTube channel.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 Super Glock @ 09/11/14 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Live is back to where it was. It's ahead of where it was. Do NOT base your opinion on what was shown here. There is a reason that a lot went into the onboarding process. GO through it, learn the controls, and enjoy.

And before you all say it, I know, you're basing it on the only thing that you have to base it on currently. I'm just saying, wait for the rest of the coverage coming out. Hell, wait til release and I can stream the game.
If 15 is better than 10 which of course it should be I am all in because I loved 10 and had a lot of fun playing it.

# 182 da ThRONe @ 09/11/14 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I only have your posts to go off of. But I will say, typically when people make a mistake in one post, they dont try to defend that point for three more posts before "clarifying" it. LOL. They usually recognize the misunderstanding after they see how people are reacting and say "Oh, I didnt mean that we should eliminate sliders".

It shouldnt take 3 more posts to get there if thats what you originally meant.

I didn't know I had a one post limit to correct a mistake. LOL.

Joking aside it appears we both have a better understanding of each others opinions. Which is a rare thing on the internet.

To sum it up I think sliders are preventing me from getting the best tuned SIM experience that I can get every year. As a SIM gamer it doesn't impact me if sliders aren't in only if Live can deliver on all the other elements of SIM ballin' they promise us. However I do understand why people want to tweak a game to get it how they want it.

With that said if a company promises the best simulation possible that approach should be evident the minute I pop the game into my system. I should have to spend several hours adjusting sliders just to get something close.

# 183 bigeastbumrush @ 09/11/14 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Live is back to where it was. It's ahead of where it was. Do NOT base your opinion on what was shown here. There is a reason that a lot went into the onboarding process. GO through it, learn the controls, and enjoy.

And before you all say it, I know, you're basing it on the only thing that you have to base it on currently. I'm just saying, wait for the rest of the coverage coming out. Hell, wait til release and I can stream the game.
What in the world does the bolded mean?

# 184 WTF @ 09/11/14 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I own 2K12 and 2K13 and while I liked those games, I actually had more fun with Live 10.
I'm not a diehard and I barely watch basketball. But I've always found the video games to be enjoyable.

I hope Live can get back to where it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
What in the world does the bolded mean?
Money99 said he hopes that Live can get back to where it was.

I was just saying that it's back to where it was plus some.

# 185 El_Poopador @ 09/11/14 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayups
Here's the thing though...The very select few that run plays run them but how many know whats supposed to happen? 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th options?

MOST people run a play just to get movement and use it as some version of an iso play. Then if that fails they revert to pick n roll or jack up a three.

ISO offense happens in video game basketball WAY more often than in real life.

If people want to play like that but still have the illusion of "motion" I see no problem with that.

Next year NBA Live team needs to get up with some basketball coaches (Assistants) for each team and start working on LEGIT playbooks for each team. And then create some tutorial style mode that covers basic principles of each offense (Like Madden did this year)

1t's 2014-2015 time to raise the bar.
I was only referring to freelance motion, not set plays. Live actually does a decent job when it comes to running plays, but the floaty passes and lack of real sprinting kinda hurt last year.

# 186 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 09/13/14 03:03 AM
I liked the 3 short clips EA released for the most part, with the main negatives being the body types of a few players, hand/rim interaction and some animations. With these clips they're just too short, and the guys playing are shooting random shots and just playing erratically. So it's hard to draw a real conclusion with the good *IMO* in EA's vids and the mostly bad here.

First, the vid quality is terrible, and two, even with how short it is there's so many legacy issues popping up left and right (ball hits the floor on a rebound, Hill keeps it in his right hand with the defender on his right hip, etc).

But I'm pretty patient, and busy enough to just wait until the streams and reviews start flowing in. Whether they're hiding it, bungling the marketing, or whatever, fine with me. I'll take as much basketball as I can get, and if it's good I'll buy it. But with the above issues in the game, no sliders to adjust any of it, and no editing of any kind, the odds just keep getting longer that a purchase happens.

VZW Note III

# 187 Sundown @ 09/13/14 08:37 AM
Quote:
Here's the thing though...The very select few that run plays run them but how many know whats supposed to happen? 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th options?

MOST people run a play just to get movement and use it as some version of an iso play. Then if that fails they revert to pick n roll or jack up a three.

If people want to play like that but still have the illusion of "motion" I see no problem with that.

Next year NBA Live team needs to get up with some basketball coaches (Assistants) for each team and start working on LEGIT playbooks for each team. And then create some tutorial style mode that covers basic principles of each offense (Like Madden did this year)

Sadly you described my offense to a tee. To be fair, it's a pretty authentic reproduction of Mark Jackson's offense.

Nice name, BTW.

# 188 Sundown @ 09/13/14 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue12
They should have taken last year off and built the game from the ground up. They have improved visuals, but from the broadcast cam the player models and animations still remind me of Live 10.

I was really starting to buy in, but seeing these videos just showed me that the core engine is just not appropriate for this generation. I know people on this board don't like to discuss this, but there is no comparison in fluidity of the animation compared to 2k. Live will never get to that point with this current engine.
It's not the engine. It's simply a lack of animations, polish, experience, and time put in from having to start from scratch.

Engines don't magically make animations look better. Even 2K's engine is built on some version that looked terrible before. 2K looks better because their animation count is up to 10,000 or something now and they've spent 4 additional years tweaking what they had since Live was a decent product.

Live looks rough but massively improved. It's a pretty decent step in one year. If they stay the course, they can get something that looks (and plays) pretty good even if they will be playing catch up in certain aspects. If they get distracted or take another wrongheaded gimmicky approach while throwing out what they've built, they won't ever turn the corner.

They got a bit of momentum but still have a lot to cover though-- whoever said if this was any other next-gen sports game, it would get unequivocally panned for its visuals (and possibly play) was spot on. But there are some things it's doing well.

# 189 Super Glock @ 09/13/14 02:30 PM
Quote:

Yep you are so right this is how 99.99999% play video game hoops including me lol.

# 190 Tha_Kid @ 09/14/14 12:21 AM
Im just curious as to what the thought process is for having auto motion off as the default.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.