Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

As most of you were already aware, NBA 2K15 features many more real NBA player voices with full scripts and roles to play in MyCAREER mode.

Check out the latest NBA 2K15 trailer, showcasing some of the things you will see and hear in the mode.

Read the full press release below.

2K today released a new gameplay trailer unveiling all-new features in MyCAREER in NBA 2K15. In NBA 2K15's MyCAREER, your journey will include encounters with player mentors from every NBA team in the league, as well as coaching from Doc Rivers, head coach of the NBA's Los Angeles Clippers and one of the best coaches in the history of the NBA.

New in NBA 2K15’s MyCAREER mode:
  • Mentors: No matter what team you want to play for, you will have NBA players teach you the ropes. With every NBA team, you will learn how to play smart basketball with any team you choose.
  • Coach Satisfaction: A brand new gameplay system, coach satisfaction is a real-time analysis of how users are playing. Not only are you graded on your quality as a teammate, but you must satisfy Coach Doc Rivers as well.
  • Upgrade System: A completely reinvented upgrade system where specialties matter more than ever.
  • Badges: Earn badges based on how you play, and raise them from bronze to silver to gold.
  • Simulate or Play: You can decide whether you want to simulate or play every game. Get credit based upon the team you play against, including VC and badges.
  • Endorsements: Completing challenges gives you the opportunity to get endorsement and VC.
  • Championship: Show off a championship ring in MyPark.
In NBA 2K15's MyCAREER, your journey will include mentors from every NBA team in the league. Guiding you as you progress in your MyCAREER, watch these examples of the authentic interaction you can expect in NBA 2K15.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Boilerbuzz @ 09/24/14 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostf4cekhila1234
They want some technology can't even bring them yet or 2k has to spend a helluva allot more money to get to please 10 ppl on this board
Of course you're not seriously saying "10 people on this board", but for you to imply that a LARGE majority of the fans of this mode didn't want to actually hear voices (or at LEAST see the lips moving instead of the head just bobbing) is ridiculous.

But the fact of the matter is that it was a highly requested feature and VC gave it to them. So, now you see what you get when you ask athletes to actually act instead of dunk and mean mug into a camera. So, as one of poster already said, get over it. If you don't like the voice acting, turn on subtitles and press MUTE. Problem solved.

Now, as for YOUR player and the voice actor(s) for it, I agree. I hate the WRITING. Feels like it's written by people that have no connection to the sport or it's culture. But that's fine as long as they can make a compelling story. I have my doubts to that as well. But at LEAST consult with people that do know the culture. Ask them to sit in on a rehearsal or review a script. Something.

And I love how a couple of people have related this "black" voice to being "uneducated". Really?

# 62 nddot @ 09/24/14 06:13 PM
2k coming through with that borderline stereotype voice. I never heard a player talk this way. It sounds like somebody who tries WAY TOO HARD to sound cool.

is it too much to ask for a normal sounding guy?

# 63 L4K @ 09/24/14 06:37 PM
The idea behind this is really cool but man the voice acting for your player is beyond terrible. I can't blame the players for not being good voice-actors, that's not their job but the other guy I assume makes a career from voice-over work. Just awful, with awfully stereotypical language that shouldn't be in the game.

# 64 CBfromCU32 @ 09/24/14 06:46 PM
Honestly, I won't be playing much of this mode.. Myleague seems more fun this year

# 65 La Verite @ 09/24/14 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Oh god this is just a set up for people to complain some more. I love it but people gonna cal lit cheesy like always.
I'm eating cheese balls as I read this forum

# 66 vito100 @ 09/24/14 08:02 PM
Honestly in the vid posted I didn't hear him say to much slang, besides saying holdin' instead of Holding and stuff like that... But im from Tennessee and we Talk with a little twang anyway lol! "and that's just about everybody" But this whole Black and sounding uneducated stuff needs to cease. It's starting to feel like some of you guys are leaning on the "Sterotypical" side yourselves... If he sounds uneducated to you then say that but don't put Black with that. That's not cool... Because all "White" people don't talk proper especially where I'm from. So let's get away from the White is proper and Black is Slang argument. It's not Cool at all.

# 67 Starwipe @ 09/24/14 08:10 PM
Uh...

The REAL problem is you can't pick what you want to say. It seems like you have no control over your players personality or decision making off the court at all. Not the right direction to be going.

# 68 8KB24 @ 09/24/14 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwipe
Uh...

The REAL problem is you can't pick what you want to say. It seems like you have no control over your players personality or decision making off the court at all. Not the right direction to be going.
Wrong.

/10char

# 69 stlpimpmonsta @ 09/24/14 08:33 PM
i dont know how they made the "drake" voice more appealing but somehow they did it. That voice is terrible.

# 70 Eman5805 @ 09/24/14 08:51 PM
Also, I thought the thread title said "MyCareer Momentous Trailer."

I was about to get excited.

# 71 23 @ 09/24/14 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Also, I thought the thread title said "MyCareer Momentous Trailer."

I was about to get excited.
#NBA2K15 Momentous Tomorrow

HOLD your wigs down

# 72 blacboy @ 09/24/14 09:22 PM
The guy who did the voice last year was white so maybe he sounds a little different this year for those who don't like the new voice.

# 73 Sundown @ 09/24/14 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
Gotta laugh at people wanting the player to sound smarter.

Sure, Tim Duncan doesn't, but 90% of NBA players sound exactly like this guy.. especially the younger greener types.. just go to the tapes for proof.

That's the problem with these 'it's me in the game' modes.. people get way too butthurt about not thinking the person represents them personally. Nobody ever complains about that without any other game where you play a character.
Most of the stars don't sound like this guy. They sound much brighter and much more cogent though it could just be the script.

2K should hire some writers that can strike the appropriate tone and also let the players freestyle a bit more and see what they come up with.

If 2K is bent on telling a linear story to the detriment of gameplay (removal of NBA Draft, and pre-draft process, forced interactions), they should at least script something that sounds authentic and delivers-- and not settle for a script that sounds a bit like the writer is too aware he's just writing for a video game.

# 74 basehead617 @ 09/24/14 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
2K should hire some writers that can strike the appropriate tone and also let the players freestyle a bit more and see what they come up with.
It's gotta be the same exact length, can't freestyle too much.. (unless you want them to motion capture the scene 30 different times too)

# 75 Playboy™ @ 09/24/14 10:53 PM
The my player voice sounds like the white guy from Malibu Most Wanted lmaoo

# 76 Steve_OS @ 09/24/14 11:01 PM
Updated OP w/ the following details.

• Mentors: No matter what team you want to play for, you will have NBA players teach you the ropes. With every NBA team, you will learn how to play smart basketball with any team you choose.
  • Coach Satisfaction: A brand new gameplay system, coach satisfaction is a real-time analysis of how users are playing. Not only are you graded on your quality as a teammate, but you must satisfy Coach Doc Rivers as well.
  • Upgrade System: A completely reinvented upgrade system where specialties matter more than ever.
  • Badges: Earn badges based on how you play, and raise them from bronze to silver to gold.
  • Simulate or Play: You can decide whether you want to simulate or play every game. Get credit based upon the team you play against, including VC and badges.
  • Endorsements: Completing challenges gives you the opportunity to get endorsement and VC.

# 77 bjthomas121 @ 09/24/14 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

YES! Finally get to sim games instead of playing EVERY one!

# 78 swiftkid @ 09/25/14 12:15 AM
thanks for showing me these lifeless takes so i won't have to ask why they sound so dull.. KD put a little attitude in his reading.
and i still look forward to it all, regardless.

# 79 bottledwaterfan25 @ 09/25/14 12:24 AM
Man... the new voice is like a mix between French Montana, and the white guy that everyone knows, that tries waaaayyy to hard to show that he's "down".

Their choice of voices just feels too stereotypical. It's like if there was a NASCAR game with a My Player type mode, and the only voices to choose from sounded like Larry the Cable Guy.

# 80 oouie433 @ 09/25/14 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

THANK YOU!

Why can't 2k just release the notes of everything they've done in this mode, instead of dragging it out, one video at a time?

What's with that strategy? They did it for the other modes, why are they playing games with the info for this mode?

Sheesh.

This is the only mode I play, and this slow release of info isn't building my anticipation, it's making me mad.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.