Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Da_Czar has checked in with this new NBA 2K15 video, featuring the evolution of the freelance offense, part 2. (If you missed part 1, you can view it here.)

Lyrics and beats by @SageInfinite and @_RobDavis, respectively.

Watch the video and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Vni @ 09/30/14 03:23 PM
I might not even watch the stream now... I feel I'am gonna be disapointed after watching czar's vids.

I'am strong enough, I can do this.

# 42 Da_Czar @ 09/30/14 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingsinceatari
Love everything you covered. I know this is kind of off topic but i was hoping to get more info on the player celebrations. Can you celebrate anytime you want after a shot or is it every once in a while? And what button is it to activate it? Is there anyway we can edit the celebration a player does?
Apologies fam I been stuck in play execution/ AI I did not know we had manual celebrations until I read it on here.

# 43 bjthomas121 @ 09/30/14 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I might not even watch the stream now... I feel I'am gonna be disapointed after watching czar's vids.

Yea man. I'm working tonight so Ill be trying so hard not too look on twitch and see some gameplay cause I don't wanna see something that doesn't need to be in there.

# 44 "The Veal" @ 09/30/14 03:29 PM
Great work Czar!

Just a question, you've shown off the Spurs and the Heat, two big teams with definite freelance play-styles. I'm wondering, is it like this for all 30 teams, each individualized? That would be one hell of a task to undertake so I'd completely understand if you guys didn't have time for that.

# 45 BluFu @ 09/30/14 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by "The Veal"
Great work Czar!

Just a question, you've shown off the Spurs and the Heat, two big teams with definite freelance play-styles. I'm wondering, is it like this for all 30 teams, each individualized? That would be one hell of a task to undertake so I'd completely understand if you guys didn't have time for that.
yeah he mentioned in the first thread he didn't have time. having said that, it would be nice to know how many teams do have their own freelance offense

# 46 Da_Czar @ 09/30/14 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by "The Veal"
Great work Czar!

I would have loved to but there would be no way fam. Honestly. Also don't forget I was on here for part of the year. But even a full year there is no way.

# 47 Da_Czar @ 09/30/14 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskier
So, we can choose a play, and when it is finished or broken, then can freelance take action? I mean, can we play freelance from the beginning and after a finished/broken play?
Yes. Freelance is running anytime your are not in a play, early offense, or transition.

# 48 Factzzz @ 09/30/14 03:59 PM
This looks so beautiful, i just hope this stuff and normal playcalling works in MyCareer, so you're not always playing hero ball.

# 49 Jadakiss88 @ 09/30/14 03:59 PM
Nice Video....I'm just happy that the CPU controlled players on your team actually make intelligent movements instead of running in circles or standing in one spot...Xbox One on Saturday 2k14 Tuesday BL-Presequel (PS3) later this month and GTA V Next Gen this is going to be a great fall. Hell I might even pick up WWE just for kicks...

# 50 Goffs @ 09/30/14 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni

The way those two play? I don't blame you lol

# 51 Halloween @ 09/30/14 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I may not be as active in this thread as the last as I am still cooking in the kitchen trying to complete part 3. I will cover as much as I can though.
Step off the gas, man.

We need you healthy for those 2k16 things.

# 52 svit @ 09/30/14 04:14 PM
Great work indeed, Da Czar!

Nice movements in the offense but I've spotted some glitches in defense.

Check 3:04 mark when Lowry is defending Wade. Why in the world does he goes into "clean hands" animation while Wade is doing crossover at free line? He basically give Miami 2 points. Do user have control over that type "defensive animations" or they occur randomly?

Then check 3:12 mark when Wade tries to drive to the paint with P'N'R set by Chalmers. Watch closely what is Valanciounas (Raptor center) doing. He literally abandon Bosh even though Wade does not posses any threat for the basket. Easy pass to the Bosh and automatic 2 points. Again no real effort on the offensive from Miami.

On 3:44 McRoberts should set a pick for Chalmers but I suspect that Chalmers blow the play when he start running to early.

Otherwise, Spurs play with Duncan, Ginobili and Kwai is very nice, and user will be able to pass ball to the cutting Kwai, but again... This opportunity is created due to weird defensive execution by Miami. If you watch closely at 4:38, you can see Deng doing some odd stuff... It looks like he's switching with Wade (Deng guarding Ginobili and Wade defending nobody) and then again switching back (Deng trying to recover, Wade guarding Ginobili). Does the user have control over defensive switching? For example if you set in defensive settings to always switch does your teammates swich and vice versa?

I hope that this stuff you are presenting (offense movement) is also happening in online matchups...

# 53 L_Diddy @ 09/30/14 04:14 PM
Love seeing Bosh get those elbow jumpers. I think this will be the one I run with. Only 8 more days we have to wait longer in Australia smh.

# 54 Boilerbuzz @ 09/30/14 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Apologies fam I been stuck in play execution/ AI I did not know we had manual celebrations until I read it on here.

Now THAT is some focus.

Hey man, since there seems to be a need, is there an option to turn all of this off? Just in case someone might not want offball movement or something? Just wondering. If there is, is it defaulted to be on or off?

# 55 Bliitz @ 09/30/14 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Diddy
Love seeing Bosh get those elbow jumpers. I think this will be the one I run with. Only 8 more days we have to wait longer in Australia smh.
I don't understand why we have to wait longer? 2K doesn't want to open up the servers until release date but they might as well because Americans get a head start.

# 56 WTF @ 09/30/14 04:18 PM
Speaking of Defense Czar, is there the ability to set your team to Never switch? That was also another issue that I had, is guys randomly switching, even if I was right there defending manually. Can we set a coaching strategy to not switch this year, maybe a "Stay Home" option?

# 57 Rasco11 @ 09/30/14 04:19 PM
Czar, thanks as always! Your vids perspire authentic passion...Speed stick ain't got nothing on you. Love it, appreciated!

The off ball movement and computer initiated offense is game changing! It was great seeing team specific stuff: Wade in the post, Spurs making extra pass, etc.. Can't wait to see and experience this all in action. Thanks again.

# 58 silverskier @ 09/30/14 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Now THAT is some focus.

Hey man, since there seems to be a need, is there an option to turn all of this off? Just in case someone might not want offball movement or something? Just wondering. If there is, is it defaulted to be on or off?
Freestyle, spacing, etc, as always probably

# 59 RocketTMac1 @ 09/30/14 04:40 PM
This is great. Can these offenses be set in MyLeague when controlling all 30 teams?

# 60 RandomPerson @ 09/30/14 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Speaking of Defense Czar, is there the ability to set your team to Never switch? That was also another issue that I had, is guys randomly switching, even if I was right there defending manually. Can we set a coaching strategy to not switch this year, maybe a "Stay Home" option?
There was an option to switch on pick n rolls in 2K13, so I'm pretty sure that's back in 2K15. Can you confirm Czar?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.