Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA Sports has released a new NBA Live 15 video showcasing the offensive improvements to the game. While it's not the 5 on 5 gameplay most of us were hoping for, at least we have something.

They have also posted a blog, going over the improvements to the AI with regards to fast breaks, pick and rolls and playcalling.

Watch the video, read the blog and post your thoughts.

NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 noshun @ 10/01/14 01:05 PM
is that it? seems a little better but theres floatiness in the animations particularly when moving. staple legacy issue. kyrie cross was decent, better than 14.

# 2 RevivedZack @ 10/01/14 01:06 PM
That Rose dunk at the end looked very nice.

# 3 SageInfinite @ 10/01/14 01:11 PM
Amazing. Looks 10 times better than last year. Finally EA is back with hoops! Great year for bball fans.

# 4 rockchisler @ 10/01/14 01:11 PM
Looks good cant wait.

# 5 Muzyk23 @ 10/01/14 01:18 PM
Looks really nice. They're taking it in the right direction. Hopefully they will release actual gameplay in 2 or 3 weeks.

# 6 bran9413 @ 10/01/14 01:18 PM
The improvements they did to offense look great. I have faith in the team this year and can't wait to see the other improvements that they discussed in action.

# 7 loosey101 @ 10/01/14 01:19 PM
Looks great, there was a lot to be happy about if you played 14 last year. I'm excited to finally run some proper fast breaks and to start getting that contact when I dunk on fools. Game looks good visually and I'm happy they have the new NBA on ESPN score bar. Only things they need to chill on are the ultra light green Celtics and ultra light blue Mavericks jerseys. Is it time for the demo yet!!?

Edit: That foot planting is ridiculous!

# 8 The 24th Letter @ 10/01/14 01:20 PM
Not bad at all...it's steps like these that improve game play overall...

Was this the "game play" though? I was hoping for some real in game action...

# 9 tdawgsmitty @ 10/01/14 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Amazing. Looks 10 times better than last year. Finally EA is back with hoops! Great year for bball fans.
I agree! After watching the gameplay video from 2k yesterday and this NBA Live clip today, I am very excited for this month!

As a basketball fan, having two basketball games is awesome and regardless of which one you like better, at least you have a choice! Most sports have one title and one title only to choose from.

I am going to get both and hopefully enjoy both!

# 10 Muzyk23 @ 10/01/14 01:24 PM
I just realized that next year might be the best year for video game basketball enthusiast and fans of both camps, if you know what I'm talking about.

Live in the 3rd year and the other game with new devs working full cycle.

This year is just an appetizer.

# 11 23 @ 10/01/14 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayups
Looks good but i need to see 5 on 5 game play. Trailers just not doing it for me at this point in time.

Kinda like using a ballislife youtube mixtape to evaluate an incoming freshman.
This

I'm sorry but enough of the edited trailers.

Stop hiding the 5 on 5. All I have in my head is that gamestop video. . If that's what I'm going to get in the actual console in not sold

# 12 alexthegreat @ 10/01/14 01:31 PM
Forgot how stale the passing was in 14.

Great improvements so far on the offensive side. Still need some longer gameplay vids, but 15 finally has my attention again

# 13 tha_show256 @ 10/01/14 01:35 PM
Not bad...but I'm still not sold. I can see improvement, but it's not what I execpt of a next gen game still at this point...hoping that the Live team can do something to sway me. Otherwise, it's a no go.

# 14 UNabomb @ 10/01/14 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
This

Stop hiding the 5 on 5. All I have in my head is that gamestop video. . If that's what I'm going to get in the actual console in not sold

I have to agree on this one, because it is really easy to take some highlights and make the game look good on a trailer, but at the other hand we have yet to see some extended 5V5 raw gameplay footage, and it makes you wonder, but none the less, the only thing that concerns me about this trailer is the going for a block animation or the jumping animation overall for that matter, it looks really stiff, but other than that, what else can I expect?, they are just staring to step up their game up, and to see where they are now with nba live 15, after the disaster that nba live 14 was, I consider this to be an amazing job.

# 15 El_Poopador @ 10/01/14 01:38 PM
I like that they've made passing zippier. One of the things that really bugged me last year. That along with the paint contact will make this a lot more fun than last year's game. Looking forward to feeling the increased responsiveness as well.

# 16 gamingsinceatari @ 10/01/14 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
This

Agree. Good improvements but still doesn't come off as "next gen"

I think the way those 15 second clips we saw is how its actually gonna look in action, and if so, i wont be able to deal with that...

# 17 vc3616 @ 10/01/14 01:49 PM
Ea sure knows how to get the people hyped up (Madden15) but then you play it FACE PALM same ol Ea.

The game looks like a big improvement from last year but that's not saying much, two good basketball games will be good, competition is the best thing for video game franchises funny thing is live has yet to announce well anything.. no game modes, franchise improvements nada.

# 18 catquik @ 10/01/14 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Not bad at all...it's steps like these that improve game play overall...

Was this the "game play" though? I was hoping for some real in game action...
Exactly! I'm guessing because they don't want it immediately compared to the very impressive "entire game" gameplay video just released by 2K15, they will wait until they are closer to release-day, and 2K15 is already out.

The clips they showed were definitely an improvement from last year, but considering how horrid Live 14 was, it's not saying much. Additionally, when you only show us what you want us to see in the form of clips, skeptics will continue to be pessimistic until we see raw unedited video.

Personally, I want to see Live succeed. I played Live exclusively until they shut it down with the attempt to switch it to Elite, so I only hope the best for EA. In the meantime, while they catch-up, I will continue to thoroughly enjoy 2K.

# 19 SageInfinite @ 10/01/14 01:53 PM
That Rose dunk was so nasty! The dunk, the way the defender reacted, looked so lifelike and natural. Everything just looks so polished and refined.

Love how in the videos the game looks lighter than in the screen shots. So vibrant. EA paid the light bill this year.

# 20 Mintsa @ 10/01/14 01:54 PM
Looks nice. I recently purchased Live 14 (because I collect the Live and 2K series). Eventhough I have limited time with Live 14. This trailer already dwarfs last years game.

It's been a loooooooooong time since we had 2 b-ball games......this could be "that" kinda year.

Side note: EA got the raptors 20th anniversary patch in the game (you can see it on Kyle Lowry) I know its a petty thing but I like it when my team (which is not a mainstream team) gets some love and those fine little details.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.