Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Madden NFL 15 title update #2 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users. The PlayStation 4 patch is 281 MB, while the Xbox One patch is 3.1 GB. Looking at the update history on the PlayStation 4 patch, it only shows minor stability and bug fixes.

When EA Sports and the Madden NFL 15 team send out the details, this post will be updated.

UPDATE: Here are the patch details.

XBOX ONE AND PS4 CHANGES:

- Fixed or enhanced multiple team uniforms
- Added tuning adjustments to offline Connected Franchise Mode, matching Online CFM hot fixes
- Added a “Slim” Play Call option
- Added the ability to button through the entire halftime presentation
- Added button prompt to defensive play call to inform the user they can back out to pick their play before the offense does
- Tuned down QB accuracy for lower tiered QB's, especially on passes under 10 yards
- Addressed issue where the formation name would not update during no huddle situations
- Improved line shifting functionality out of defensive camera
- Defensive Play Call timer has been extended to 15 seconds
- Addressed issue where users only had 10 seconds to call a play vs. the AI
- Improved defensive adaptive AI
- Added QB signature passing styles
- Addressed issue where reading keys against the read option wasn't working on All-Madden difficulty
- Added logic for receivers that prevents the wrong animation from triggering during catchable passes
- Added logic to prevent multiple ways of grieving during online games
- Improved logic in CFM when determining who the starting RT should be
- Addressed an issue where the user would fail when punting the ball out of bounds on the Medium Coffin Corner drill
- Addressed an exploit where users could put WR's at the TE position on the depth chart inside of MUT
- General improvements to Madden Messenger
- General improvements to commentary logic
- Multiple CoachGlass improvements
- Fixed an issue where the user’s play would sometimes be auto-selected on defense

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Last Gunfighter @ 10/07/14 12:46 PM
So they didn't fix the sack issue or the owner mode finances...All this time for to fix just SIM stats?

# 102 tessl @ 10/07/14 12:51 PM
I wonder if the problem with small market teams losing money is due to simming instead of being engaged and hands on with the franchise.

I finished year 1 with the Rams + $35 million by doing things like trading high priced players for draft picks, filling holes with free agents and adjusting prices.

# 103 alifeincomplete @ 10/07/14 12:53 PM
What's the good word yet on whether or not we have to restart existing offline CFMs?

# 104 Millennium @ 10/07/14 12:54 PM
Easy, everyone. Wait until the patch list has been released. And no 'Fire The Devs' talk will be tolerated.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

# 105 schnaidt1 @ 10/07/14 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olig23
Big question, is does it fix the fact that the CPU QB takes endless sacks a game?

The cynic in me says they will mainly be interested in fixing things that improve the gravy train that is UT. I hope I am proved wrong.
the fix for this has been pretty much found and solved

# 106 Millennium @ 10/07/14 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
so sacks are not fixed. both teams giving 6 sacks on a game that we know it has many sacks, with a patch that we are hoping it help the sack issue... no, sacks are the same as before.

QB hold the ball because it don`t find anyone open an take the sack. Just throw the ball away.

So mad at ea right now.
Just throw the ball away? That's intentional grounding. There is no 'throw the ball at the Receiver's feet' button in Madden. So game mechanics on Pocket Passers are try to find someone open.

As bcruise said - It's one game, and it's CPU vs CPU. Wait until you call a game against the CPU QB.

Bcruise - what were the CPU QB stats like for Manning and Rodgers? I have a guy running a Wqshington CFM who just played the NFC Championship against the Seahawks and the Super bowl against the Broncos. His stats were:

Russell Wilson: 16/27, 185 yards, 4 INT.
Peyton Manning: 15/25, 171 yards, 1 TD 1 INT.

This was default except Human Coverage at 60 (what we play with and he forgot to change it back to default). He had 5 sacks against Manning - 3 user sacks with Orakpo, a coverage sack, and a screen pass that was covered that Manning ate.

# 107 schnaidt1 @ 10/07/14 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
so sacks are not fixed. both teams giving 6 sacks on a game that we know it has many sacks, with a patch that we are hoping it help the sack issue... no, sacks are the same as before.

QB hold the ball because it don`t find anyone open an take the sack. Just throw the ball away.

So mad at ea right now.
turn defensive graphics from off or on to full...

this has been tested and proves to greatly help with the qb sacks

# 108 saybur @ 10/07/14 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I wonder if the problem with small market teams losing money is due to simming instead of being engaged and hands on with the franchise.

I finished year 1 with the Rams + $35 million by doing things like trading high priced players for draft picks, filling holes with free agents and adjusting prices.
Having to play with a team so far under the cap just to make a profit is a problem. Some of us want to keep it realistic, and that means not shredding the rosters to bypass Madden's sh*tty financial model.

# 109 booker21 @ 10/07/14 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Just throw the ball away? That's intentional grounding. There is no 'throw the ball at the Receiver's feet' button in Madden. So game mechanics on Pocket Passers are try to find someone open.

As bcruise said - It's one game, and it's CPU vs CPU. Wait until you call a game against the CPU QB.

Bcruise - what were the CPU QB stats like for Manning and Rodgers? I have a guy running a Wqshington CFM who just played the NFC Championship against the Seahawks and the Super bowl against the Broncos. His stats were:

This was default except Human Coverage at 60 (what we play with and he forgot to change it back to default). He had 5 sacks against Manning - 3 user sacks with Orakpo, a coverage sack, and a screen pass that was covered that Manning ate.

LOL i know that is IG, but i`m there are many times where the QB starts moving to the left... holding the ball, looking for a WR, keep moving more to the left.. still looking... he is already outside the pocket and he still hold the ball and take the sack. Ggggrrrrrrrrrr hate those sacks.

Even if he is still in the pocket throw the ball to the ground close to a WR, IRL this happens a lot. And even if you can`t still find a WR open, throw the ball away, Penalties are not called on the game.

# 110 booker21 @ 10/07/14 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
turn defensive graphics from off or on to full...

this has been tested and proves to greatly help with the qb sacks
whhhhhhhhhhat?

So having Full graphics icons will help CPU QB to don`t take the sack?... sounds toooooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeird.

Where is this thread? when this was tested?

# 111 CM Hooe @ 10/07/14 01:05 PM
Title update details have been posted by EA.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...adden-15-patch

# 112 CM Hooe @ 10/07/14 01:07 PM
One of the new options added by this patch is a "slim" play calling view. Me likey.

# 113 Steve_OS @ 10/07/14 01:07 PM

- Added tuning adjustments to offline Connected Franchise Mode, matching Online CFM hot fixes
- Added button prompt to defensive play call to inform the user they can back out to pick their play before the offense does
- Tuned down QB accuracy for lower tiered QB's, especially on passes under 10 yards
- Addressed issue where the formation name would not update during no huddle situations
- Addressed issue where reading keys against the read option wasn't working on All-Madden difficulty
- Added logic for receivers that prevents the wrong animation from triggering during catchable passes
- Addressed an issue where the user would fail when punting the ball out of bounds on the Medium Coffin Corner drill
- Addressed an exploit where users could put WR's at the TE position on the depth chart inside of MUT
- Fixed an issue where the user’s play would sometimes be auto-selected on defense

# 114 bcruise @ 10/07/14 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium

Manning 21/31 207 Yds, 3 TD 1 INT
Rodgers 36/44 268 Yds, 1 TD, 2 INT

127 total plays in the game.

Rodgers % of 81 is a bit higher than I'd like and that goes back to the QB accuracy I mentioned before (there were only 1 or 2 actual inaccurate throws), but it's not even that bad. Peyton being held to around 200 is a pretty decent defensive day IMO despite short-field TD's due to GB fumbles, and Rodgers' yards total was boosted by the fact that the Pack were playing from behind the entire game.

BTW, I'm trying a game with QB Acc and Pass Coverage down to 25 to see if it makes a difference, same matchup. Will report back.

# 115 sportyguyfl31 @ 10/07/14 01:10 PM
Christ...how about a little patience and waiting for the patch details, instead of 100 different people with 100 different opinions on what may or may not be happening...

# 116 ggsimmonds @ 10/07/14 01:12 PM
So nothing about AI taking sacks??

This has to be a joke

# 117 NDAlum @ 10/07/14 01:13 PM
- Fixed or enhanced multiple team uniforms *Don't care*
- Added tuning adjustments to offline Connected Franchise Mode, matching Online CFM hot fixes *Don't care*
- Added a “Slim” Play Call option *Gotta see it, don't care probably*
- Added the ability to button through the entire halftime presentation *Don't care*
- Added button prompt to defensive play call to inform the user they can back out to pick their play before the offense does *Don't care*
- Tuned down QB accuracy for lower tiered QB's, especially on passes under 10 yards *Good*
- Addressed issue where the formation name would not update during no huddle situations *Don't care*
- Improved line shifting functionality out of defensive camera *Don't care*
- Defensive Play Call timer has been extended to 15 seconds *ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS*
- Addressed issue where users only had 10 seconds to call a play vs. the AI *Don't care*
- Improved defensive adaptive AI *Gotta play to see*
- Added QB signature passing styles *Didn't bother me with them out*
- Addressed issue where reading keys against the read option wasn't working on All-Madden difficulty *Didn't notice*
- Added logic for receivers that prevents the wrong animation from triggering during catchable passes *Doubt this does anything, WR's will act like they are alone*
- Added logic to prevent multiple ways of grieving during online games *Should be a solid addition*
- Improved logic in CFM when determining who the starting RT should be *Don't care*
- Addressed an issue where the user would fail when punting the ball out of bounds on the Medium Coffin Corner drill *Don't care*
- Addressed an exploit where users could put WR's at the TE position on the depth chart inside of MUT *Don't Care*
- General improvements to Madden Messenger *Don't care
- General improvements to commentary logic *Don't care
- Multiple CoachGlass improvements *Don't Care*
- Fixed an issue where the user’s play would sometimes be auto-selected on defense *Cool*

That's a rather depressing list

# 118 tessl @ 10/07/14 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saybur
Having to play with a team so far under the cap just to make a profit is a problem. Some of us want to keep it realistic, and that means not shredding the rosters to bypass Madden's sh*tty financial model.
I guess it depends on perspective. I upgraded at several positions and unloaded some overpaid players and paid close attention to prices of things like merchandise and parking.

For me, speaking only for myself, part of the fun in sports franchises is out performing the cpu. The only problem I see is if some of the cpu teams are losing a ton of money and not able to field competitive teams but for user controlled teams if you are losing money you need to rethink how you are approaching the franchise.

# 119 jjazwick @ 10/07/14 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Don't get it. Why just on lower tiered QB's and not all QB's? I played a game after patch and Manning went 24-27 against me. Would like to see Accuracy impacted by pressure also EA!!!

# 120 TheBleedingRed21 @ 10/07/14 01:16 PM
^^^ I might be in the minority, but I do not wanna see Peyton Manning overthrowing open 5 yard passes all the time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.