Home
NHL 15 News Post

The planned October content update for NHL 15 has arrived for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users. It includes the addition of OTP and the all new NHL entry draft. Unfortunately for OTP users, you can't play with friends, OTP is used for ranked matches.

According to quite a few users, the third jerseys don't appear to be in the game, but they are listed in the update.

UPDATE: According to djblue, if you download the latest roster update, you will see the third jerseys.

You can view the entire list of fixes and additions below. Let us know what you are seeing.

Quote:
Online Team Play

Play online with up to ten players, locked to a single position using real-world rosters. These matches will be 5v5 ranked with AI controlled goalies.

Be a GM - Rookie Draft

For the first time in the NHL franchise, you will be put on the clock and feel the pressure like a real NHL GM. As they do at the NHL Entry Draft, you have three minutes to make a draft pick.

If the pressure is too much, you can also call timeouts to extend the amount of time you have to make a draft pick or potentially negotiate a trade. You can make trades at any time during the draft. The CPU will also propose trades to each other and the user throughout the course of the draft.

NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Vikes1 @ 10/29/14 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
This is the only reason I haven't bought the game this year or last. After NHL 13 I couldn't take it any longer. I'm not forcing myself to create house rules just to make the game semi-playable. All they have to do is add a neutral zone system and they can have my money. Obviously that won't satisfy me forever, but it is the one thing that I have to have in order to enjoy this game again and I will not buy it until it's fixed. I may pick up a used copy of last gen but I still haven't pulled the trigger on that even though I've been pondering it for a while. It's sad that something like the neutral zone hasn't been touched ever in this series, and as you said it's only been mentioned hundreds of times. I honestly don't expect it to be in the game any time soon.
Yep, i'm not holding my breath either, bwiggy. And hard to understand why EA wouldn't want to satisfy more customers. Especially with a game that sales wise, has pretty much been trending downward. And rather steeply some of the last several years.

# 162 leedsbear @ 10/29/14 02:36 AM
Hi, new to the game...

If i play the 'be a pro' mode (i assume this is the one where you control one player through his career from minor leagues to stanley cup?) can I, (post -patches)

*sim the game when im not on the ice
*play in the minor leagues untli i make the grade and get called up to run with the big dogs
*are there any glaring ommissions on ps4 that make this mode broken?

i dont want to play online, i just want a good franchise mode and a be a pro mode all offline.

is it worth me getting this game or even the ps3 version (if thats not broken and retains more modes?)

thanks guys

# 163 AdamJones113 @ 10/29/14 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsbear
Hi, new to the game...

If i play the 'be a pro' mode (i assume this is the one where you control one player through his career from minor leagues to stanley cup?) can I, (post -patches)

*sim the game when im not on the ice
*play in the minor leagues untli i make the grade and get called up to run with the big dogs
*are there any glaring ommissions on ps4 that make this mode broken?

i dont want to play online, i just want a good franchise mode and a be a pro mode all offline.

is it worth me getting this game or even the ps3 version (if thats not broken and retains more modes?)

thanks guys
Unless I'm mistaken...

No
No
See above.

Someone, please correct me!

# 164 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/29/14 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Sometimes this game makes me want to kick my xb1 in the teeth!!! I score a goal and no goal horn or anything.. then the whistle blows and the announcers say they are not sure why gameplay was stopped, maybe the ref lost sight of the puck. THE FREAKING WHISTLE DIDN'T BLOW UNTIL AFTER THE GOAL WAS SCORED!!! So I end up in a shootout and lose, instead of winning the game!

There are just times I want to say, F this game and go back to last gen for good.
I hear ya.

I just had 2 matches of my playoff where nothing would go my way. THeir sticks would go through mine to get pucks that I was first for, Crosby couldnt control a bouncing puck but the 3rd line defenseman could, I can't hit them they can knock me flying with non momentum.

# 165 MizzouRah @ 10/29/14 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
I hear ya.

I just had 2 matches of my playoff where nothing would go my way. THeir sticks would go through mine to get pucks that I was first for, Crosby couldnt control a bouncing puck but the 3rd line defenseman could, I can't hit them they can knock me flying with non momentum.
They really need to make an option so stick collisions matter.

# 166 Vikes1 @ 10/29/14 12:29 PM
Had a GM game last night where Doc says...."You can smell a goal coming!" Of course this was during full out berserk mode. And yep, Doc was right. A great playing game goes to crap when out of nowhere the cpu goes into hyper drive. Ratings, physics and commonsense goes right out the window.

# 167 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/29/14 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
I hear ya.

Rough stuff man almost like nothing matters , attributes , physics ect not a good feeling and this is why I used to play on default and now sim gamestyle to give me more control when this crud rears it head

I just hate that im not even playing feeling in sports games that magically starts and stops as needed regardless of who it favors as it makes it all a sham for a forced outcome .

My favorite is when you lay a cpu guy out hard and he pops right back up like nothing and takes the puck as you can only do a half circle to try and get the puck standing at your feet lol

# 168 MizzouRah @ 10/29/14 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Had a GM game last night where Doc says...."You can smell a goal coming!" Of course this was during full out berserk mode. And yep, Doc was right. A great playing game goes to crap when out of nowhere the cpu goes into hyper drive. Ratings, physics and commonsense goes right out the window.
Yep.. you try to clear the puck and it goes sideways off the boards.. love that one. I'm back to putting this game on ice.. so to speak.. for now

Back to last gen I go..

# 169 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/29/14 03:16 PM
Quote:
Yep.. you try to clear the puck and it goes sideways off the boards.. love that one. I'm back to putting this game on ice.. so to speak.. for now

Back to last gen I go..
Not liking the sideways puck physics lol wait till you would have made playoffs !

Hey Im kinda shocked as I won the Habs vs NYR deciding game when I scored with no time left 0:00 and won 2-1 with MTL and this was after I won the last game 7-1 . Well I almost had my first OT game and it was all up hill but I won even though I felt I was just going through motions by out hitting them 38 to 15 probably tilted the outcome for me .

I should be excited but Im not as even the shots have weird predetermined angles with silly speed ups and slows downs like a clipping animation trying to catch up as its almost choppy .

Well Im going play Kings and Habs ( me) for the Cup and see what unfolds but Im glad I got nba 2k15 for classic teams as Im gonna plays some Bird vs Magic for a change of pace .

# 170 Hammettf2b @ 10/29/14 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
So am I the only one who is concerned that McDavid's potential is a "Bottom 6 Forward"? The kid is supposed to be the best player since Crosby. I think it's safe to say he deserves better than this.
This is why we need to be able to edit players. I guess i'll just have to wait till next years game, hopefully.

# 171 Smirkin Dirk @ 10/29/14 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME

My favorite is when you lay a cpu guy out hard and he pops right back up like nothing and takes the puck as you can only do a half circle to try and get the puck standing at your feet lol
Oh man, this one. This actually may be the most infuriating.

Ive seen one where 2 players of similar size and aggression collide, and the exact same animation is triggered. The CPU magically gets up much quicker and skates off with the puck.

# 172 pslieber @ 10/29/14 07:48 PM
Sorry if repeated above, but I miss goalies of the non-robotic variety. Not enough variety in shot response, movements. Way too difficult to beat glove or blocker high side, 5-hole. Rebounds are arguably unnatural.

I miss the physics of the title at launch.

# 173 cowellj @ 10/30/14 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
So am I the only one who is concerned that McDavid's potential is a "Bottom 6 Forward"? The kid is supposed to be the best player since Crosby. I think it's safe to say he deserves better than this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammettf2b
This is why we need to be able to edit players. I guess i'll just have to wait till next years game, hopefully.
He ends up being around a 92 and Franchise potential after 3-4 years

# 174 actionhank @ 10/30/14 01:02 PM
Quote:
They really need to make an option so stick collisions matter.
I've heard (Nothing ever confirmed) that they have experimented with it, and it just gets too messy since you don't have that fine of a level of control, which i can understand in terms of just skating (getting into the slot would be next to impossible with sticks hitting every single thing) but my main thing i want is for them to react to the shooting motion hitting a stick, or body part. Think of how many awesome scenarios get opened up when you can partially block a shot and it kind of bounces along the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Rough stuff man almost like nothing matters , attributes , physics ect not a good feeling and this is why I used to play on default and now sim gamestyle to give me more control when this crud rears it head

I just hate that im not even playing feeling in sports games that magically starts and stops as needed regardless of who it favors as it makes it all a sham for a forced outcome .

One of my biggest issues with the game has always been the inability to control what the player i'm controlling actually does. I don't get to pick when i try to bat a puck out of the air, i can't control when my guy tries to wrestle with the players in front of our net, leaving me tied up and unable to really play any form of defense.
I'm really hoping EA revamps the controls next season. Offense is great. The dekes are all pretty natural, shooting it easy to figure out (Though it would be nice if the speed and accuracy of your stick movements affect the speed and accuracy of the shot) but the defense has been behind for years. They need to give us the same analog control with defenders that we have with offensive players. That way you actually have control over what happens. Going for a hard stick lift or slash stands a higher chance of getting a penalty. It would be a huge improvement over the current "Hope this poke check goes where it should" or the "Let's gamble with the high-sticking button and see if i can accidentally get a stick-lift."

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.