Home
The Golf Club News Post

The Golf Club's second feature update has been submitted and should be up by Christmas for gamers anxiously awaiting the new content. The new update features a new Handicap system as well as new content for the course creator.

Quote:
We are really, really happy with where the Handicap system is at. It is going to open up the game and bring the excellent Tournament system much more to the fore. Tournaments are fantastic when you can play against players of a similar skill level to your own but they have shown to be less appealing when you are faced with a leaderboard that you just can’t compete with. Handicaps will change all that. It is still possible to create and play in tournaments where Handicaps are ignored but we are confident that most people will want to play in Handicap adjusted competitions.

Coming up next for the game will be a career mode, which is expected to arrive in the Spring. As The Golf Club continues to improve, it's really amazing how far the game has come even since our original review of the title back in the fall. A third content update could arrive before the career mode update in the Spring, but the folks at HB Studios haven't made a solid commitment to that yet.

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SinisterAlex @ 12/11/14 06:13 PM
Career mode?

# 2 kehlis @ 12/11/14 07:03 PM
This team has been amazing.

# 3 Lukin4 @ 12/11/14 08:23 PM
This great game just keeps on getting better. Can't wait to see what they do for the career mode.

# 4 DBMcGee3 @ 12/12/14 09:29 AM
How much is this game? You buy it on PSN I Assume?

# 5 greenegt @ 12/12/14 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
This team has been amazing.
They really have. The way this game has been growing and improving, with free updates, has been awesome. I love this game!

# 6 OnlookerDelay @ 12/12/14 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
How much is this game? You buy it on PSN I Assume?
It's regular price is $34.99, but they had it on special a few weeks back for like $27. It's more than worth the retail price though, and yeah, it's only available as a digital download on PSN.

# 7 donkey33 @ 12/15/14 08:48 PM
Nice, once career mode hits, I'll be in.

# 8 TheBleedingRed21 @ 12/16/14 12:52 PM
Just a warning (which to me is expected):

The career mode update is more than likely not going to be free. They discussed paid expansion prior to release and if you read the paragraph, it says they plan to release more "free" minor updates before the big update in the spring.

I wouldn't expect too much, but pretty certain it won't be free.

# 9 rolltide1017 @ 12/19/14 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Just a warning (which to me is expected):

The career mode update is more than likely not going to be free. They discussed paid expansion prior to release and if you read the paragraph, it says they plan to release more "free" minor updates before the big update in the spring.

I wouldn't expect too much, but pretty certain it won't be free.
I've got no problem with paid expansions if the continue to support the game like they have, especially with a few free updates between expansions.

Honestly, I'd be willing to pay HBS $35 a year, the game is easily worth that IMO. In fact, it is probably one of the best values so far on both the PS4 and XB1.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.