Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

The MLB 15 The Show livestream on Twitch has begun, featuring a full game and discussion on UI improvements.

Click the spoiler button below to watch it here or click here to view it on a new page. Once the steam has completed, we will update this post with a link to the archive for those of you that miss it.

UPDATE: If you missed the stream, click the spoiler button below or click here to watch the archive on Twitch. Due to an issue during the stream, the first 11 minutes can be seen here. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like extra innings was archived.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 HozAndMoose @ 02/20/15 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBkiLLa25
Ok this is making me mad. I'm trying to watch the archived video but every time I click the link it just takes me to Twitch and says they aren't online now or shows me a play button with a line through it meaning it's not gonna play anything. I've tried every link they gave but still nothing. Anybody else having this problem??
What are you trying to watch it on?

# 162 RLebron12 @ 02/20/15 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I've read through the whole thread and I'm not sure I've seen anyone mention alternate jerseys. Either Nick or Kirby said that all the correct alternates are in (specifically citing the Mets blues I think). The only thing is if a team has too many alternates, they chose the most worn. They also said that there's new logic in so teams will wear the correct unis the correct days. So, if it works this means the Orioles would always wear their Black shirts on Friday's and Orange on Saturday.

Just watched that part and that gives me hope that the Giants new black alternate jersey is in the game!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 163 HozAndMoose @ 02/20/15 12:54 AM
Alright its up to 480p. Gonna go to bed now so hopefully it keeps going until it hits 1080p.

# 164 Factzzz @ 02/20/15 12:56 AM
The replays within at bats is a good add, it makes the presentation more realistic.

Also, less people walking up and down the stairs in the crowd behind home plate is good to see.

# 165 bukktown @ 02/20/15 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Alright its up to 480p. Gonna go to bed now so hopefully it keeps going until it hits 1080p.

Is this the video about tattoos, office buildings, long sleeves, and permanent chalk?

I haven't watched yet. I've only read this thread.

# 166 kehlis @ 02/20/15 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Is this the video about tattoos, office buildings, long sleeves, and permanent chalk?

I haven't watched yet. I've only read this thread.
It is the video that those discussions all derived from but there is also plenty of other things in it to watch and enjoy.

# 167 lazloisdavrock @ 02/20/15 01:21 AM
Quote:
I think you're right. Another thing the O's do is when they're at home on a Friday, they wear their black hats but their white panel helmets. The game doesn't account for that. It'd be cool to get it all correct, but it doesn't bother me toooo much.
Yup i brought this up recently. Hope they fix that. the white panel batting helmets look great with the alternates.

i imagine this is a quick fix.

read my comment Ramone! White panel batting helmets with the alternates, not just with the Home white uni's!

# 168 bigwill33 @ 02/20/15 01:31 AM
I'll chime in on the lighting since I lived in that city for a very long time and went to quite a few games over the years at PNC.

I think that in 15 it is much improved. I really liked how when the camera (point of view) rose up and was in the outfield the city became more noticeable and lit up. That aspect looked pretty good and is what actually happens.

I have said before about ambient lighting and how the lights from the stadium would cause the city to look darker, especially on TV. When you are sitting in the stadium the city is much more lit up to the human eye, however.

I think that most of the photos posted in this thread showing examples has the exposure on the camera being left open longer than what is normal, thus allowing more light to enter the lens and showing off more of the skyline at night. You can especially see this happening on the fireworks shots. You need to leave the shutter open longer to capture fireworks and it shows with the blurring of the person walking in the foreground.

That being said, I think more of the buildings should be evident at night than what we see in this build. There is no true definition of the outline of the skyline like you get when you watch a game on TV or attend in person.

Some of that is probably due to the fact that they don't have the billboard signage on the tops of the buildings. Those signs provide a great deal of light and really come through at night. Especially in comparison to the lights that would be on in the windows of those buildings. I already said that I don't think having generic signage would be preferable to most of us, but I would have to see what they could come up with before I really decide. I definitely don't want to see 7 "The Show" lit up signs on the tops of those buildings as a workaround.

The biggest problem to me is still the stands in the outfield and the batters eye. They are still slightly too dark versus what you see on a TV broadcast even. In reality the stadium lights light those areas up quite well. This and the Clemente Bridge with its uplighting and blue bulbs on the joints of the structure are usually noticeable when viewing a game.

Finally, it was mentioned about the washed out black jerseys the Pirates have in the game. This was an issue last year as well. You can adjust your TV somewhat to compensate, but it doesn't help quite to the point where it makes a big enough of a difference. They really need to work on those dark colored alternate tops, in my opinion. They reflect too much light as they stand now and should be jet black.

I also would nitpick and say that the lettering on the backs of the jerseys are still too fat for the Pirates. That is really being over analytical, but I feel they would match reality better if they were slightly skinnier.

I am sure that I have some night shots of PNC in my repertoire like others do, but really each picture is relative to the camera and the exposure of the shot taken. I will peruse through real quick and see if I have taken anything that I feel might better represent how I think the city should look at night. Most of the time all I have on me at games is my camera-phone. Those aren't the best when dealing with strange lighting, as most of us already know.

Other quick thoughts. Didn't see any of the Zolton "Z". Was hoping J-Hay would flash a quick one after his triple, but didn't occur.

I thought Cole looked better simply because of his beard. His hair and face were a little off, but an improvement from last year for me.

Skip could use a better body model to match his real life self. Hurdle is much more portly in reality than the slender cyber Clint shown in the game again.

Pepsi bottles were finally removed past right field! Yay!

Less traffic walking up and down the isles when you are trying to pitch. Very nice.

Rosen bags... hopefully one day.

Ball girls are needed next year!

So glad they are getting the chalk degradation in, or attempting to work on it. Thank you! Small but adds a bit to the overall experience.

Didn't see any helmets fly off. Weren't a ton of baserunners, but just an observation.

Could use some new animations or scenes when relievers enter from the bullpen. Those ones in there now are getting stale to me.

Loved the fans catching/interacting with the foul balls!

Would love to see some Pierogi Races, Boats on the river, especially a riverboat (Gateway Clipper, which is in the game by name), maybe a closeup of the K board every so often.

Wish we had Sounds of the Show back so bad! Not only for the music during walk-ups etc. but for some synthesized organ playing that only Pittsburgh can pull-off. I miss home just thinking about it haha.

# 169 Dolenz @ 02/20/15 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarmo88

Here's a picture I took from Club Cambria in early May
That picture is overexposed a bit which is why the buildings show up and also why there is so little color to the overexposed grass, infield and players. Upping the shadows to make the field less washed out definitely lessens the amount you can see the buildings.

# 170 Archie56 @ 02/20/15 02:20 AM
So I haven't seen anybody mention this bc everyone seems to be picking apart the night lighting but I noticed that even after they changed the camera settings to medium on offense, the camera doesn't immediately just cut to the ball put into play. The camera stays put for a second so you can see the ball fly off the bat before the camera transitions to the medium view. I love that and I know people have been asking for that for a long time

# 171 sroz39 @ 02/20/15 02:40 AM
I'm really surprised people are having so many issues with the lighting when 8mins into the video, Nick says there's some known issues with PNC that they're still working on.

Anyway, thanks for another stream. Game looks awesome, the UI looks great and I definitely appreciate the time put into putting these on for us. Definitely looking forward to next week's stream on Franchise, RTTS and Inside the Show.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

# 172 MatrixTN @ 02/20/15 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takemejoehome
Lovvvvvvvve now that finally you can pinch hit ahead of time now!! none of this player comes to plate then pinch hit anymore yay!
Was in last year.

# 173 calripken8 @ 02/20/15 06:02 AM
please remove the Adam jones beard he has never had one really took away from the realism last year noticed it's still there I saw in the summer wind trailer and Camden yards has state flags in the outfield only saw us flags still and orange flags on top of the scoreboard near the clock and add cal next year as a legend

# 174 baseballmad @ 02/20/15 06:35 AM
Away from the lighting issues, the innane chatter of the devs obscuring the changes in the commentary, the tattoos, or lack of them. The sleeves or no sleeve issues. I for one am just glad they the dev's concentrated all their efforts into improved 'stair gliding fans'. It just wouldn't be 'the show', without this ability to paraglide from seat to rear staircase and back again.....sure makes the game so realistic........but hey, why be so harsh,i've ordered my high def x50 bi focals, just to be able to focus on the blades of grass and sponsored sportswear,just to keep me happy.....

# 175 green94 @ 02/20/15 07:22 AM
Quote:
I couldn't have more respect for these developers! Someone mentions chalk degradation.. Ramone says it'll be fixed tomorrow a couple minutes later. Awesome stuff
Yep... good stuff. It's one of those things that stands out when they usually get every little detail right - glad they are putting a fix in. Small detail, but adds to the immersion.

# 176 T_O_p12 @ 02/20/15 07:54 AM
Haven’t had a chance to finish the video yet but looks good from what I saw. PNC definitely was improved upon from 14. People will always complain about something but I would say there isn’t anything that would make it a deal breaker and not cause me to buy the game. Hands down this is the best sports sim out there and I think the willingness of the developers to listen to us is awesome and makes the game that much better.

One thing I did notice which I thought was a bug last year was the Buco Blasts sign said 0. And if this was a franchise game, I assume some homers were hit at some point that year. Last year I think it only registered homers hit while actually playing games there, not simming. Would be cool if the homers hit during simulated games would add to the total so that at the end of the year, the sign didn’t say 8 lol or something really low if a lot of games were simulated.

# 177 NDAlum @ 02/20/15 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
The colors always appear washed out in these streams. I guarantee it will be much more vibrant and blacks darker once you get it home playing on your 1080p screen.
I disagree. The hat color is just fine, there is a clear difference with the black uniform and black hat. It looks exactly the same on my HD TV in MLB 14.

Sounds like it's too late in the game to have any type of fix...

I'll live...just a gripe. Didn't stop me from using the Pirates in MLB 14 and won't stop me in MLB 15.

# 178 KHarmo88 @ 02/20/15 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
The replays within at bats is a good add, it makes the presentation more realistic.

Also, less people walking up and down the stairs in the crowd behind home plate is good to see.
However, when people are walking behind home plate, they're still jist aimlessly walking. Go to your seat. That's the Lexus club back there. Random people aren't allowed to walk back there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
I'm really surprised people are having so many issues with the lighting when 8mins into the video, Nick says there's some known issues with PNC that they're still working on.

Anyway, thanks for another stream. Game looks awesome, the UI looks great and I definitely appreciate the time put into putting these on for us. Definitely looking forward to next week's stream on Franchise, RTTS and Inside the Show.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I'm glad they said they're still working on it but tell us what you're working on and why.

# 179 Sip_16 @ 02/20/15 08:29 AM
Got to say I really noticed the different movements of pitches. They look so much more realistic then years past and I think it was in the first inning when Kirby was pitching and he threw a slider and it kind of backed up on him and threw off the batter. You wouldnt see that before. The break on a 2 seam fastball was just gorgeous. Can't wait to see it for myself.

# 180 T_O_p12 @ 02/20/15 08:32 AM
I wonder where their pitch speed slider was set? It seemed a lot easier to pick up on pitches and tell balls from strikes than when I am actually playing the game(14) lol. Although probably one of those things where it looks easier until to you go to actually do it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.