Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Keep getting the dreaded "Gameplay Recording Paused" message in MLB 15 The Show? Follow these directions to disable it. (HUGE thanks to rudoffs!)

1. Hit the 'share' button on your controller. It's that small button on the middle left. This can be done within the game.
2. Hit the options button, middle right of controller
3. Click on Share Settings
4. Click on Video Clip Settings
5. Uncheck Indicate Blocked Scenes for Video Recording
6. Enjoy The Show without those annoying notifications

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Acts 4 12 @ 04/01/15 09:05 PM
Thank you!!!

# 22 BattleBornLV @ 04/01/15 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewillbechud
Sony really wants to be hacked by Anonymous again, apparently. They had them shut down for a few weeks because of this kind of stuff. Not that I care, I don't own an android.

# 23 bigdaddykraven @ 04/01/15 10:44 PM
Just so everyone is clear on the whole recording thing.

Yes the PS4 by default records the last 15 minutes of play and you can change this in the settings.

By default, simply tapping the share button will bring up the share menu. Here you can click square to save the video clip (the last 15 minutes). You can also hit the options button and change your button presses. For example, I have it changed so tapping the share button once takes a picture, holding it in brings up the share menu and double tapping records a video from this moment on.

Those of you who "don't like" that its recording, I get that but a cool side feature of this is that when your PS4 crashes it brings up the chance to send a report to Sony and the Developers. You can put in your own words and you can also choose to check a box that sends a recording of your gameplay to the team so they can see what led up to your crash. It helps them fix bugs etc easier.

Plus, as someone has said, if you do something amazing and miss it, you don't miss it because you can always just save the video and your friends will believe your stories from now on. Speaking of which, I need to upload the video where I broke a pitcher's ribs in MLB15...

# 24 CaseIH @ 04/01/15 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudoffs
1. Hit the 'share' button on your controller. It's that small button on the middle left. This can be done within the game.

Thanks a lot for this, Ive been wondering what the heck it was recording for anyway. That was annoying me to no end, glad it can be turned off.

# 25 Steve_OS @ 04/02/15 07:08 PM
Stickied.

THANK YOU

# 26 TheBigTicket205 @ 04/02/15 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudoffs

Thanks bro! No more annoying "dings'' before every game!

# 27 wisdom less13 @ 04/03/15 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTicket205
Thanks bro! No more annoying "dings'' before every game!
I can't turn off those damn dings now. You can also change how far back your system goes to record. I have it set to one minute. It will make my Far Cry montage easier to edit. I used to be lost in the sauce when it was 15 mins. Thanks for this...

# 28 Ghost Of The Year @ 04/03/15 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosiahThaGreat
well that's what I am asking, why is the ps4 recording things If I didn't assign it to, not to derail the thread but I don't like it records everything.
I figured that but I am not sure how I feel about that.
Definitely don't want a possible future employer getting a hold of any puny RISP stats.

# 29 RunN1st @ 04/03/15 12:30 PM
It also screenshots all of the trophies you've earned.

# 30 ctzn. @ 04/03/15 01:56 PM
Thank you very much! Definitely an annoyance.

# 31 Nighthock @ 04/03/15 04:31 PM
My god thank you for this.

# 32 ChefBoyRT @ 04/03/15 04:43 PM
Much appreciated! Thanks

# 33 Bobhead @ 04/04/15 10:34 PM
I don't think I've ever learned more random things in a 2 minute span, than I did just now, reading through this entire thread.

Thanks... great thread.

# 34 yankeesgiants @ 04/05/15 09:33 AM
thank you thank you thank you!!!!

# 35 charlieh78 @ 04/05/15 10:57 AM
Thanks for the info!

# 36 adayinthelife @ 04/05/15 04:28 PM
Thanks for this, it's a total pain in the *** in a couple different games.

# 37 thaSLAB @ 04/06/15 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhsh
Why is my gameplay being recorded anyway?

Really?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosiahThaGreat
Why is my gameplay being recorded anyway?

# 38 kehlis @ 04/06/15 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB

Really?!?!

You know your thread has made it when the spam bots find it.

# 39 erod550 @ 04/08/15 02:11 PM
Thanks for this.

Side note: the screenshots for trophies don't work very well either. It's either already moved on to something else so it's screenshotting the next batter walking up, or one of them is even just a black screen with the trophy notification. It's a nice idea in theory but doesn't work very well in practice.

# 40 mlblover15 @ 04/09/15 07:12 AM
go into your Capture area on your desk top so to speak.. they are automatically saved.. once the shot is show... it is a built in feature..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.