Home
R.B.I. Baseball 15 News Post

R.B.I. Baseball 15 is available now for PlayStation 4 users and will be available for Xbox One users at around 8:00 PM ET. In case you missed it, read our interview with Jamie Leece (MLBAM VP, Games) to get more details about the game.

UPDATE: It is now available on Xbox One.

New game features and enhancements include:
  • Authentic ballparks with unique characteristics from every Major League Baseball club
  • Modify your lineup with complete MLB rosters or play classic R.B.I. Baseball mode with 16 player rosters
  • Stat tracking by team, player and season league leaders across multiple seasons
  • Features over 1,000 MLB Players with detailed attributes based on hundreds of millions of data points from the MLB.com database
  • Master the art of hitting and fielding with 2-button retro controls. Optional fielding controls using face buttons.
  • Own the pitch: Control the movement of your pitch from start to finish
  • Multiple Game Modes:
    • Online multiplayer includes friendly and ranked games
    • Local 2P couch play
    • Season, Postseason & Exhibition Mode
  • Adjustable difficulty settings; Easy, Medium, Hard
Play a few games and let us know what you think.

Game: R.B.I. Baseball 15Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: Android / iOS / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 hawkfantn @ 04/01/15 04:00 PM
The strategy elements are valid points. Those should be addressed in a patch. Hopefully they will be.

# 22 frtylicks @ 04/01/15 04:06 PM
Ive got the game but only played a little bit last night. I never could figure out how to change for a pinch runner, just for the batter. Is there a way to change your pinch runner. Thanks

# 23 vtcrb @ 04/01/15 09:32 PM
Just watched a couple games on Twitch and it looks like it will be enjoyable game. Guys on Twitch seem to be enjoying it.

# 24 FBPro @ 04/01/15 11:57 PM
Is there an auto fielding and option to just bat?

# 25 Twigg4075 @ 04/02/15 08:33 AM
I'm really enjoying this so far. My only real gripe at this point is that all the fielders seem to have rocket arms. So, trying to leg out an infield hit is impossible. I also got gunned at second trying for a double on a ball hit to the gap. It should've been an easy stand up double but, nope. I also don't like that jumps and dives in the field seem to be CPU controlled.

Both of my cousins that said they were going to get it bailed on me so far so I haven't tried online yet. I definitely want to check that out.

# 26 TheTruth @ 04/02/15 02:03 PM
Playing on XB1

My very first game and this happens....
http://youtu.be/1fyKXpB3HQE

Really disappointed in the production quality so far. Game has frames where it will be jumpy/jerky when the ball is in play. You would expect for a game that is not graphic intensive to run really smoothly. Then saw the HB Studios logo on next launch and learned they developed the game. Coincidence that neither the golf club or this game is optimized well on the XB1??

Seems like the game was rushed as well. More gameplay tuning needed to be done from what I have seen.
-Outfielders are slow as Christmas from what I have played so far
-I turned static fielding marker on and was standing right in the middle of the circle and my character didn't even try to catch the ball.
-throwing animations sometimes not even playing so the ball just fly's from the player's body
-Had 4 double play opportunities but only converted on 1. The others my second baseman, who was standing over the bag, I guess doesn't know he is suppose to touch the bag before throwing. You have to let the animation play out a little before throwing to first even though he is standing right over the bag. And on one double play, grounder to third, my thirdbaseman threw to second, well my second baseman was standing about five feet off the bag.

I know it's a $20 game and need to temper some expectations, but first impressions weren't good for me. Haven't tried couch 2 player or online yet.

# 27 Kayotick @ 04/02/15 02:16 PM
Let me preface this by saying for $20 this a good deal for some of us older gamers who do not have the time to get into a much more strategic game with a higher learning curve. With that being said there definitely some bugs. I was playing a season game and had a ball hit to right field go through the wall. The play never stopped until finally both cpu runners went home. When playing season mode there is no way to change the innings. Its greyed out. There are in game saves though.

# 28 MLBGames @ 04/02/15 07:09 PM
Hello everyone. We just created this shiny new account and will be stopping by from time to time to answer questions, give tips on the gameplay, and of course listen to all of your feedback! (as we have been, but now you know for sure that we do)

@TheTruth, very sorry to see that happen in your very first game! We have definitely not seen that issue before, so it should be quite rare. Hopefully the video can help us out - the camera angle is very interesting. I will message you directly for some more info so we can track this down.

@Kayotick, I will message you too about the wall issue you experienced. As for the innings being set to 9 for Season, we were concerned that people could game achievements and unfairly pad their leaderboard stats if we allowed them to play short games in Season mode. We also did not have time this year to account for shortened game lengths in our Season stat simulations. So stats for the players on your team would have been totally out of whack when compared to the rest of the league.

The good news is that on average, a game will take a little under 20 min to play and, as you mentioned, RBI 15 has the option to save your Season progress mid-game. So if you don't have time for a full game, just save and come back later to finish it up!

# 29 frtylicks @ 04/02/15 07:41 PM
Hey MLBGames, are y'all planning on a patch for the ps4 for this game. I'm enjoying the game and would love to give some feedback for a patch. Thanks

# 30 ballgameronny @ 04/02/15 07:52 PM
@mlbgames is there any player movement within the season mode? progression?

# 31 jpollack34 @ 04/02/15 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBGames
Hello everyone. We just created this shiny new account and will be stopping by from time to time to answer questions, give tips on the gameplay, and of course listen to all of your feedback! (as we have been, but now you know for sure that we do)

@TheTruth, very sorry to see that happen in your very first game! We have definitely not seen that issue before, so it should be quite rare. Hopefully the video can help us out - the camera angle is very interesting. I will message you directly for some more info so we can track this down.

@Kayotick, I will message you too about the wall issue you experienced. As for the innings being set to 9 for Season, we were concerned that people could game achievements and unfairly pad their leaderboard stats if we allowed them to play short games in Season mode. We also did not have time this year to account for shortened game lengths in our Season stat simulations. So stats for the players on your team would have been totally out of whack when compared to the rest of the league.

The good news is that on average, a game will take a little under 20 min to play and, as you mentioned, RBI 15 has the option to save your Season progress mid-game. So if you don't have time for a full game, just save and come back later to finish it up!
Thanks. Much appreciated.

I'm waiting for the Steam version, but I like what I see so far from various Twitch streams. The only thing that concerns me is the lack of a dive/jump button. Seems that would be fundamental.

# 32 boomhauertjs @ 04/02/15 09:33 PM
MLBGames, thanks for stopping by and interacting with us. Really wish you would've released a 360 version as it would've been a no doubt purchase for me, but I will settle for iOS instead. Looking forward to next week.

# 33 Eyeman79 @ 04/02/15 10:55 PM
So are there multiple seasons or not? I have the game but since games can't be simulated it's going to take a while to finish even a short season.

# 34 FBPro @ 04/02/15 11:40 PM
MLB Games....

# 35 vtcrb @ 04/03/15 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
A real shame this is the only MLB Baseball game for Xbox One owners. As a PS4 owner I feel bad for the Xbox One owners lol.
I wouldnt go that far. RBI is not on Par with The Show, yet, but it is a fun game for XboxOne guys to play. It is much improved. Now it still has a ways to go, but it is headed in the right direction. It is well worth $20 for XboxOne owners who need a Baseball fix.

# 36 MLBGames @ 04/03/15 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtylicks
Hey MLBGames, are y'all planning on a patch for the ps4 for this game. I'm enjoying the game and would love to give some feedback for a patch. Thanks
We're all ears!

# 37 MLBGames @ 04/03/15 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman79
So are there multiple seasons or not? I have the game but since games can't be simulated it's going to take a while to finish even a short season.
Yes, you can play many Seasons in succession with all of your stats stored, which you can see on the Team Stats page and individual Player Cards.

# 38 MLBGames @ 04/03/15 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBPro
MLB Games....

The console and Steam versions have the option for Assisted fielding. This will have the AI initially field the ball for you. You are then responsible for making throws and playing out the rest of the play.

For iOS and Android, there will also be the option for Automatic fielding. You pitch, the AI takes care of everything else on defense, because we know the Virtual Thumbstick is not for everyone.

We encourage everyone to play some defense! We think it's a very enjoyable part of baseball and the RBI experience. Not to mention, if you get good at it, you are capable of playing significantly better defense than the AI. So it can be to your advantage.

For instance, you have the ability to Fast Throw. The AI does not. A Fast Throw is executed by giving directional input and pressing the throw button at the exact same time (works with both Classic and Modern throw controls).

# 39 MLBGames @ 04/03/15 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I can do without some of the sound effects. Just because it's an "arcade game" do we need the silly sound effects to prove it? How about an option to turn them off?
There are volume sliders for Music, Sound FX, and Voice (umpire). Set the slider to 0% and it will be turned off.

# 40 bakerpa25 @ 04/03/15 11:17 AM
Three questions:

1. Can you use a pinch runner or defensive replacement somewhere and I am just missing it? Or is that not available in the game?

2. How do you throw a drop ball that hits the dirt? I select the slow pitch and try to press down right after I pitch it and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Is it only for certain pitchers?

3. How exactly do I influence a flyball or a ground ball? When I press down on the left thumbstick when I'm swinging it moves my guy back in the box. Am I doing it correctly?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.