Home
R.B.I. Baseball 15 News Post

R.B.I. Baseball 15 is available now for PlayStation 4 users and will be available for Xbox One users at around 8:00 PM ET. In case you missed it, read our interview with Jamie Leece (MLBAM VP, Games) to get more details about the game.

UPDATE: It is now available on Xbox One.

New game features and enhancements include:
  • Authentic ballparks with unique characteristics from every Major League Baseball club
  • Modify your lineup with complete MLB rosters or play classic R.B.I. Baseball mode with 16 player rosters
  • Stat tracking by team, player and season league leaders across multiple seasons
  • Features over 1,000 MLB Players with detailed attributes based on hundreds of millions of data points from the MLB.com database
  • Master the art of hitting and fielding with 2-button retro controls. Optional fielding controls using face buttons.
  • Own the pitch: Control the movement of your pitch from start to finish
  • Multiple Game Modes:
    • Online multiplayer includes friendly and ranked games
    • Local 2P couch play
    • Season, Postseason & Exhibition Mode
  • Adjustable difficulty settings; Easy, Medium, Hard
Play a few games and let us know what you think.

Game: R.B.I. Baseball 15Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: Android / iOS / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 MLBGames @ 04/03/15 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerpa25
1. Can you use a pinch runner or defensive replacement somewhere and I am just missing it? Or is that not available in the game?
It is not available. We worked on these two features, but they were having some issues late in development and we had to make the tough decision to pull them out rather than include them half-working. This is very much on our radar.

Quote:
2. How do you throw a drop ball that hits the dirt? I select the slow pitch and try to press down right after I pitch it and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Is it only for certain pitchers?
Hold UP while you start your pitch to throw a slow pitch. Slow pitches have a chance to drop in the dirt based on each individual pitcher's Drop rating (derived from the amount of sink on their pitches in real life).

Quote:
3. How exactly do I influence a flyball or a ground ball? When I press down on the left thumbstick when I'm swinging it moves my guy back in the box. Am I doing it correctly?
Sounds like you are doing it correctly. Hold DOWN while swinging to influence a fly ball. Hold UP while swinging to influence a grounder. The better your swing timing, the more likely you are to get the desired result. The interplay between moving around the box and influencing your hit goes back to the earliest days of RBI and other games of that era.

# 42 shogunofharlem3 @ 04/03/15 01:32 PM
Just bought the game on Xbox One. Played one game and had some fun with it. I like it.

Pretty big issue with baserunning that can hopefully be patched. I had an issue a few times in this game. Especially with 2 outs because the runners are going no matter what.

We'll say Ortiz is on third running and Victorino is behind him on second.

Ball to the gap, Ortiz will score but he's a pig, Vic gets to third before Ortiz touches home, well, Victorino can't run home, he stands on third until Ortiz touches the plate. THen he'll run home.

That cost me at least 2 runs in the game. Hopefully that can get fixed with a patch.

No couple with with baseball loaded or 2nd and 3rd , 2 outs and a fly ball or what have you. That runner on 2nd can't keep running home, he has to wait.

FUn game though. Not bashing, just hoping to address a pretty major issue.

Edit:

Also, this just happened. Not sure about the fielder you control. Had this happen a handful of times too. Not sure why on earth it would have me control the short stop there. Once again, no complaining, just hoping to address a few things that could be fixed with a patch.

MLB thanks for checking in on us here at OS. Much appreciated and welcome to the forums

# 43 frtylicks @ 04/03/15 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBGames
We're all ears!
Thanks MLBGames, I couldnt find how to sub in pinch runners.
is there anyway you could change innings in the postseason. Ill list a few more as I play the game and think of them. Thanks

# 44 bakerpa25 @ 04/03/15 02:17 PM
Thank you for the answers! It's a great game, I can't put it down. I look forward to see what this series becomes!

Quote:
It is not available. We worked on these two features, but they were having some issues late in development and we had to make the tough decision to pull them out rather than include them half-working. This is very much on our radar.

Hold UP while you start your pitch to throw a slow pitch. Slow pitches have a chance to drop in the dirt based on each individual pitcher's Drop rating (derived from the amount of sink on their pitches in real life).

Sounds like you are doing it correctly. Hold DOWN while swinging to influence a fly ball. Hold UP while swinging to influence a grounder. The better your swing timing, the more likely you are to get the desired result. The interplay between moving around the box and influencing your hit goes back to the earliest days of RBI and other games of that era.

# 45 MLBGames @ 04/03/15 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
MLB thanks for checking in on us here at OS. Much appreciated and welcome to the forums
Thanks for the feedback shogun!

We will look at the baserunning issue you mentioned.

And thank you for the video. If you scrub to the 2 second mark. Note the location/trajectory of the ball. And the location of the middle infielders. You can see that at this point the SS is actually closer to the ball's path. So that is why the AI selected him as the best fielder. That is not to say that he SHOULD have been chosen as the best fielder. But that is why it happens.

We appreciate your frustration with this type of play and hope that we can improve this logic.

# 46 shogunofharlem3 @ 04/03/15 07:29 PM
Thank you for taking the time to come to OS and check in. Great community here.

You guys have a great game. I am having a lot of fun with it. My posts are not frustration but more for helping improve, especially we Xbox One owners, this is the only game in town.

Good work on this and I look forward to what you and the team have planned in the future.

# 47 FBPro @ 04/03/15 09:55 PM
Don't think this one's for me, had serious thoughts about getting it but not interested in fielding or pitching.

# 48 The Gamer @ 04/04/15 12:20 AM
Hello. Thanks for answering questions / concerns. Is there any way to pull off a double switch. This year's game is miles ahead of last year just a few strategy issues that I hope you guys can fix.

# 49 yaeger @ 04/04/15 10:47 AM
Tried to start a game last night on PS4 and when I selected the two teams and my pitcher the game would go to the sony blue screen and said error occured. Is anyone else having problems?

# 50 Chadillac110 @ 04/05/15 03:27 AM
If online play runs smoothly and is there an option to play a friend online I would be interested in setting up some sort of online season for everyone to play in. I think that would add a lot of interest to the game.

# 51 jhicks99 @ 04/05/15 12:20 PM
Quote:
The console and Steam versions have the option for Assisted fielding. This will have the AI initially field the ball for you. You are then responsible for making throws and playing out the rest of the play.

For iOS and Android, there will also be the option for Automatic fielding. You pitch, the AI takes care of everything else on defense, because we know the Virtual Thumbstick is not for everyone.

We encourage everyone to play some defense! We think it's a very enjoyable part of baseball and the RBI experience. Not to mention, if you get good at it, you are capable of playing significantly better defense than the AI. So it can be to your advantage.

For instance, you have the ability to Fast Throw. The AI does not. A Fast Throw is executed by giving directional input and pressing the throw button at the exact same time (works with both Classic and Modern throw controls).
Since you're encouraging us to play some D, any reason why there's no way to manually jump and dive? To me that's the most satisfying part of playing D and is something I remember doing in just about every NES/SNES baseball game I ever played. It also makes things like charging a flyball more difficult since the risk/reward of diving has been taking completely out of our hands and we have no idea how the player is going to react.

# 52 shogunofharlem3 @ 04/05/15 12:25 PM
Can someone try to play this game for me: I have tried 3 times and the 3rd time was after a hard reboot of my Xbox One.

Exhibition (I downloaded the newest rosters to play online so I assume those are now the ones I am using for Offline play)

1P_________ CPU
Home________ AWAY
Giants_______ Twins

Here is the video of my 3 attempts at playing that game. It just sits on the pitchers screen. If you guys can play it I will just uninstall it and re install it after Easter dinner. Still having lots of fun with this game. GOod stuff

VIDEO

# 53 therizing02 @ 04/05/15 01:02 PM
Quote:
Can someone try to play this game for me: I have tried 3 times and the 3rd time was after a hard reboot of my Xbox One.

Exhibition (I downloaded the newest rosters to play online so I assume those are now the ones I am using for Offline play)

1P_________ CPU
Home________ AWAY
Giants_______ Twins

Here is the video of my 3 attempts at playing that game. It just sits on the pitchers screen. If you guys can play it I will just uninstall it and re install it after Easter dinner. Still having lots of fun with this game. GOod stuff

VIDEO
Just tried it. All good here..

# 54 lnin0 @ 04/05/15 08:24 PM
What resolution does this game run at on Xbox One? The asling on the field textures are really bad creating distracting shimmering anytime the camera moves. I dont know if there are also frame dips or if it is just the bad asling.

# 55 MLBGames @ 04/06/15 08:08 PM
Quote:
Here is the video of my 3 attempts at playing that game. It just sits on the pitchers screen.
This issue appears to be caused by a corrupted roster in memory. While we look into it, you can get it working again by reloading the roster. Go to Manage Rosters. Press the Menu button to bring up the Load/Delete screen. Load a different roster. Then reload the one you were using before. It should now work normally again.

# 56 lnin0 @ 04/06/15 09:47 PM
Quote:
This issue appears to be caused by a corrupted roster in memory. While we look into it, you can get it working again by reloading the roster. Go to Manage Rosters. Press the Menu button to bring up the Load/Delete screen. Load a different roster. Then reload the one you were using before. It should now work normally again.
Just got on to say I cannot get an exhibition game with the Giants to start either. Ill try to dl the roster again. Thx for tip. Is my season going to be messed up...I started with opening day roster.

# 57 MLBGames @ 04/07/15 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Thx for tip. Is my season going to be messed up...I started with opening day roster.
So far we have only heard this issue be reported in Exhibition. Season saves its own copy of the roster. If you experience this in Season mode, please let us know.

# 58 Kayotick @ 04/07/15 09:25 AM
Quote:
So far we have only heard this issue be reported in Exhibition. Season saves its own copy of the roster. If you experience this in Season mode, please let us know.
While I really appreciate in game saves in Season mode; I was curious if there was anyway to adjust the innings while starting your season mode. Once you start the season that option is always greyed out. To me it's kind of a moot point because of the in game saves but others may want to set the innings lower.

# 59 roadman @ 04/07/15 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayotick
While I really appreciate in game saves in Season mode; I was curious if there was anyway to adjust the innings while starting your season mode. Once you start the season that option is always greyed out. To me it's kind of a moot point because of the in game saves but others may want to set the innings lower.
I'm pretty sure he answered you in post #29 about the innings issue.

@Kayotick, I will message you too about the wall issue you experienced. As for the innings being set to 9 for Season, we were concerned that people could game achievements and unfairly pad their leaderboard stats if we allowed them to play short games in Season mode. We also did not have time this year to account for shortened game lengths in our Season stat simulations. So stats for the players on your team would have been totally out of whack when compared to the rest of the league.

# 60 therizing02 @ 04/07/15 03:52 PM
My run with this game is rapidly coming to an end...unless a patch fixes:

Infielders taking poor angles towards the ball. Too many base hits up the middle where the 2B and SS turn and run directly into the outfield without moving left or right. I also saw a 1B with an easy chance to field a ground ball do the same thing. This is on Assisted fielding BTW

I had bases loaded with 1 out against Boston (CPU). Ground ball to second and he throws it to 3b. Runner safe.

1st and 2nd 0 outs. I bunt and it lands about a foot in front of the plate and the catcher never moves but the 1b comes in and dives on top of the ball. Everyone is safe.

A fair question...do the ratings of the players affect their performance on the field or are they just there for show? I don't really notice much of a difference between pitchers batting and Mike Trout...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.