Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

This video is provided by OS Guest Poster Jake Berger. You can find (and subscribe) to Jake on YouTube, as well as follow him on Twitter.

Welcome to the second episode of Jake's MLB 101 series. The first guide dealt with Zone hitting.

Today we're keeping the topic on hitting, but we are going to look at the new directional hitting mechanic. We'll break down how its programmed, and explore ways we can use that knowledge to improve our hitting.

Check out the full video above and be sure to subscribe and follow Jake at the links above as well!

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Lisac @ 04/30/15 03:18 PM
Im probably in the minority here but i think the directional hitting is a waste. They couldve used this space to touch up other glaring aspects of the game. Sure it helps if you want to hit the ball in the air or the ground but to pull or hit oppo you just swing early or late on the pitch. Thats how its been for many years now. Regardless just my opinion and really enjoying this years Show!

# 2 Wolverines05 @ 04/30/15 04:54 PM
Thanks for posting Chris!

For those that want to see the video on youtube, here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcAm...YUEbd2&index=2

Also check the guide for zone hitting here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-NC...YUEbd2&index=1

Or just check out the article posted on OS found within the forum!

Hope you all enjoy. Stay tuned for analog hitting tutorial next!

# 3 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 05/01/15 02:02 AM
So I just finish watching the video just to clarify if u use directional don't aim with the left analog stick all the time is that correct? So u just have to hit x and time is that correct?

# 4 bnuleoprt @ 05/01/15 02:50 AM

# 5 APinkOtakuLover @ 05/01/15 06:56 AM
Personally I LUV the directional hitting cause i feel like i'm playing MVP Baseball 05 again.

# 6 GlennN @ 05/01/15 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
Im probably in the minority here but i think the directional hitting is a waste. They couldve used this space to touch up other glaring aspects of the game. Sure it helps if you want to hit the ball in the air or the ground but to pull or hit oppo you just swing early or late on the pitch. Thats how its been for many years now. Regardless just my opinion and really enjoying this years Show!
I thought I was the only one feeling this way. To me, there was never a need to tack this on - pitch location and timing should always be what dictates where the ball goes. But, yeah, I also agree that I am having a great time with the game!

# 7 Wolverines05 @ 05/01/15 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
So I just finish watching the video just to clarify if u use directional don't aim with the left analog stick all the time is that correct? So u just have to hit x and time is that correct?
Correct. I would just use directional hitting when there is specifically something you want to do at the plate, like hit a fly/ground ball. still, timing and pitch location/type take precedence over DI.

# 8 NAFBUC @ 05/01/15 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverines05
Thanks for posting Chris!

For those that want to see the video on youtube, here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcAm...YUEbd2&index=2

Also check the guide for zone hitting here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-NC...YUEbd2&index=1

Or just check out the article posted on OS found within the forum!

Thanks Wolverines05.........great presentation and very informative.

# 9 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 05/01/15 09:00 PM
Quote:
Correct. I would just use directional hitting when there is specifically something you want to do at the plate, like hit a fly/ground ball. still, timing and pitch location/type take precedence over DI.
So is it bad I want to influence a fly ball all the time lol and can I use power only?

# 10 birdmann @ 05/01/15 10:38 PM
Do you have to hold the L stick throughout the at-bat? Or can I just pick a direction pre-pitch and then let go of the stick.. will the swing still be influenced?

# 11 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 05/02/15 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmann
Do you have to hold the L stick throughout the at-bat? Or can I just pick a direction pre-pitch and then let go of the stick.. will the swing still be influenced?
U have to hold it

# 12 Wolverines05 @ 05/02/15 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmann
You have to hold it. It works in the EXACT same way as MVP BASEBALL's hitting interface. its pretty much the same mechanic, except with the addition of camera shifts and visual indicators.

# 13 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 05/02/15 02:54 PM
Quote:
You have to hold it. It works in the EXACT same way as MVP BASEBALL's hitting interface. its pretty much the same mechanic, except with the addition of camera shifts and visual indicators.
I'm confuse now what to use zone or directional

# 14 spaceg0st @ 05/03/15 02:17 AM
Yea, also agree that this version of directional hitting was a waste. They SHOULDVE incorporated an mvp style of zone that merged PCI hitting with timing. Where the user try to influence contact by aimin for correct zone without full control of a PCI marker. Feels like they're really focussing on the wrong things to tweak.

# 15 Wolverines05 @ 05/03/15 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceg0st
Yea, also agree that this version of directional hitting was a waste. They SHOULDVE incorporated an mvp style of zone that merged PCI hitting with timing. Where the user try to influence contact by aimin for correct zone without full control of a PCI marker. Feels like they're really focussing on the wrong things to tweak.
I actually thinkkk that directional hitting was molded after mvp's system. in mvp you didnt actually aim for correct zone, but instead your aim determined direction. not ability to make contact

# 16 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 05/03/15 09:03 PM
Quote:
I actually thinkkk that directional hitting was molded after mvp's system. in mvp you didnt actually aim for correct zone, but instead your aim determined direction. not ability to make contact
So how are you suppose to use this at each bat

# 17 Wolverines05 @ 05/04/15 06:04 PM
Quote:
So how are you suppose to use this at each bat
if you watch the video, i explain what you need to do...

# 18 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 05/05/15 02:26 AM
Quote:
if you watch the video, i explain what you need to do...
I'm sorry just want to confirm you are saying don't always influence the hit so if I'm not influence the hit I just hit x. Now why am I hitting a lot of grounders?

# 19 Wolverines05 @ 05/05/15 02:42 AM
Quote:
I'm sorry just want to confirm you are saying don't always influence the hit so if I'm not influence the hit I just hit x. Now why am I hitting a lot of grounders?
that has nothing to do with the mechanic. generally when you swing at balls low in the zone, its difficult to elevate the ball. so it may be that! try being more patient and wait for a pitch thats a bit more up in the zone.

# 20 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 05/05/15 08:08 AM
Quote:
that has nothing to do with the mechanic. generally when you swing at balls low in the zone, its difficult to elevate the ball. so it may be that! try being more patient and wait for a pitch thats a bit more up in the zone.
So I think I figure it out had to re watch the video again. And I scored 11 runs. So I finally got it. When no one on just time it and swing and do not use the influence. Then when there's people on use the influence and Still time. I'm going to restart my franchise now. Now off topic but do u use guess pitch and or location ?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.