Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

Sean O’Brien, Executive Producer of NBA Live 16 has confirmed sliders will finally be in the game this year and the new game mode will be announced at Gamescom in early August.

Those were just a couple of notes from his recent Q&A on the official NBA Live Twitter feed. Below are the questions and answers that were revealed on the feed. Another Q&A is scheduled for later today.

How is player "explosiveness" handled this year, for players with a quick first step?

Ratings and signature animation packages provide the differentiation you're looking for.

Signature jumpshots for created and non created players?

Yessir!

When will the new mode be announced?

At Gamescom!

Will there be sliders and edit player?

Yes, we're finally giving you guys sliders.

Are we able to scan multiple faces into the game and create our custom roster?

Yup, you can have up to 5 scanned heads In The Game at once. Player customization is greatly improved across all game modes.

What are the biggest changes to Live 16?

Biggest jump you'll see is in gameplay... control and animation quality. And what's coming at Gamescom.

Are there more game modes coming for Live 16?

Yes.

Catch n Go game improved? It was noticeably improved in 15, hopefully it's more precise in 16.

Yes. Catch-and-shoot as well. Noticeable improvements. Passing/catching in general is night and day.

Any changes to the arena sounds / atmosphere?

Both regular season and Playoffs atmosphere, including #NBAFinals, are greatly improved. Commentary too.

Will we be able to block dunks or are they still one unstoppable animation?

You can absolutely block dunks now. We'll start posting some of those for you to see later in the summer.

Paint cheese was in full effect last year, I know yall took care of that right??

Yep. The paint is a cheese-free zone now.

Will gameplay/animations be a lot more smoother this year?

YES!!

How do you plan on achieving that realism from each NBA player in the league in #NBALIVE16?

Through improved player likeness, AI and animation.

Will facescan HD make use of PlayStation Camera and Microsoft Kinect or smartphone only?

iOS and Android smart phones only. The goal was to maximize convenience and user experience.

What improvements have been made on the defensive side of the ball?

Huge jump in AI, on-ball control, and some really cool improvements away from the ball as well.

Will they be signature jumpshots available in rising star?

Yes. Customization, both in how you look and how you play, will be available in Rising Star Mode.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 WTF @ 06/16/15 05:32 PM
I think guys will be happy with the game this year Dre. The facial animation most likely wasn't fully tweaked. I've seen some similar stuff before, and it's more of a placeholder than the full on animation.

Regardless, looking forward to seeing how much video comes out on periscope after while. 5 on 5 apparently

# 22 23 @ 06/16/15 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I think guys will be happy with the game this year Dre. The facial animation most likely wasn't fully tweaked. I've seen some similar stuff before, and it's more of a placeholder than the full on animation.

Regardless, looking forward to seeing how much video comes out on periscope after while. 5 on 5 apparently
Maybe so... that's something that I'd see happening in the past but to be honest with scanning, faces in either game is really the least of the worries because the tech takes care of itself.

# 23 Tonyattia @ 06/16/15 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Because Ron Artest.

But that's soo rare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 24 Playmakers @ 06/16/15 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyattia
Well why would you want to change a players name? Why would you want to change like Lebrons name or Chris Paul's? Same w height and weight, those are their actual measurements give or take an inch or some pounds

Well depending on how many created player CAPS ea allows in the game since im a huge fan of retro teams the ability to edit over existing players to fill out rosters is very important to me and quite a few other roster creators if you must know the answer to that question.

You'd be amazed at the work that can be done using editing over existing players to convert to historic rosters for old heads like myself

# 25 Tonyattia @ 06/16/15 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Well depending on how many created player CAPS ea allows in the game since im a huge fan of retro teams the ability to edit over existing players to fill out rosters is very important to me and quite a few other roster creators if must know to that question

You'd be amazed at the work that can be done using editing over existing players to convert to historic rosters for old heads like myself

Never thought about that... I'm that case it would be cool

# 26 El_Poopador @ 06/16/15 06:19 PM
Quote:
Well depending on how many created player CAPS ea allows in the game since im a huge fan of retro teams the ability to edit over existing players to fill out rosters is very important to me and quite a few other roster creators if you must know the answer to that question.

I would love some rosters from 08-14 seasons. I have some big plans if I can get my hands on that.

# 27 Flightwhite24 @ 06/16/15 07:36 PM
Quote:
I don't recall any verison of Live that allowed us to change a players name

We could edit ratings and tendency but not their name, height or weight in years past.

If they allow us to edit every aspect of a player that would be amazing IMO....

It sets us up to have the ability to create all kinds of rosters in Live for the 1st time ever.....get the players to perform the way we choose to handle their tendencies and team style of play.

And last but not least SLIDERS, SLIDERS and SLIDERS.....this is a major addition to Live 16. I don't think EA realized just how important having the ability to fix issues ourselves or create our own user style gameplay means to the Community...

This place has been a ghost town compared to NBA 2K for the past few years when it comes to the NBA Live Slider and roster sections.....

All I've ever wanted out of the series was improved animations, editing ability and sliders put back into the game.

If all this holds true then maybe EA has found away to win back thousands of fans they jumped ship after Live 06 or 07 since the PS2 days that is how long it's been IMO since the game has been released with a complete package of greatness.

Hot damn PM!!!!! Can't wait for you to get a hold of this.

# 28 Playmakers @ 06/16/15 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
Hot damn PM!!!!! Can't wait for you to get a hold of this.

LOL!

What's up bro....

Still got to see the animations and player movement before going all in. But the sliders is huge deal because we can now atleast dictate some aspects of gameplay which killed NBA Live 15 for me.

And please change your screen name back to Flightwhite i always get confused seeing that new name you have LOL!

# 29 Flightwhite24 @ 06/16/15 08:28 PM
Quote:
LOL!

What's up bro....

Still got to see the animations and player movement before going all in. But the sliders is huge deal because we can now atleast dictate some aspects of gameplay which killed NBA Live 15 for me.

And please change your screen name back to Flightwhite i always get confused seeing that new name you have LOL!

They have to add the editing as well to make it complete.

All about CAMPBLACKMAMBA24

LOL

# 30 Playmakers @ 06/16/15 08:32 PM
anybody know if EA updated the actual team playbooks or added specific plays for individual players?

# 31 youvalss @ 06/16/15 08:34 PM
Not keeping my hopes up until they confirm full player editing. But it's nice to have sliders. 2003 can't come soon enough!

# 32 WTF @ 06/16/15 08:45 PM
Quote:
anybody know if EA updated the actual team playbooks or added specific plays for individual players?
Yep. IpodKingCarter just released an interview with Connor, so I can mention it. They're going to do a deep dive on it later on. Authentic. ..

# 33 TecmoZack @ 06/16/15 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Yep. IpodKingCarter just released an interview with Connor, so I can mention it. They're going to do a deep dive on it later on. Authentic. ..

Oh wow?!! Authentic? I like the sound of that.

Sports Gaming Maniac. Follow me on the interweb TecmZack - @VanMetra16

PSN - TecmoZack

# 34 Mintsa @ 06/17/15 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
That's sounds good. They also have to do a better job at making players "feel" different, especially at the same position. For example using Lowry or Vasquez in live feels very similar to be honest. The other game does an excellent job at making them feel like 2 completely different players.

# 35 da ThRONe @ 06/19/15 09:31 PM
I thought Live 15 was a significant jump in quality and looks like Live 16 can potentially have a similar jump. This year game will need to have more bells and whistles in the game modes(specifically rising star for me) to really keep me playing enough to be worth a purchase. So far everything has me almost excited for the release of this game. I haven't been excited for a sports title in many years now.

# 36 nick_sr @ 06/19/15 11:33 PM
Not believing anything until I actually see it because og said they would have dunk package in live 14 n u know how that went.

Personally, I hope they improve the auction similar to mut in lut.

Also,I'm looking for improvement in game play and a legit dynasty mode.

# 37 swac07 @ 06/21/15 05:46 AM
I believe sliders are in but player editing ???nah...as long as live promotes synergy i dont see this happening anytime soon, but then again stranger things have happened

# 38 Chocolate Chip @ 06/22/15 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
I believe sliders are in but player editing ???nah...as long as live promotes synergy i dont see this happening anytime soon, but then again stranger things have happened
but we were able to edit players in live 09 & it had synergy

# 39 swac07 @ 06/22/15 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Chip
but we were able to edit players in live 09 & it had synergy
thats why i said you never know what could happen...i was basically coming from the standpoint of next gen.. i couldnt tell u how far synergy is tied into the game now as far as editing players or limitations are concerned only going by what i've read to why rosters couldnt be edited now from EA concerning Synergy and the odd fact that they ignored that part of the question but entertained the sliders question...09 isnt the same as 15 or 16 tech and coding wise I hope..if they can do it then they definitely get a thumbs up from me and im sure roster makers too..i hope users will be able to edit rosters it would be a big plus and step in the right direction for live this gen.

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 40 Teddy_Long @ 06/22/15 04:36 PM
i could be wrong but didn't the producers also mention new camera angles in a clip?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.