Home
PES 2016 News Post

PES 2016 will feature a dynamic weather system -- perhaps the first of its kind in sports games. The system will allow for weather to change through a match -- and the new ball physics will be affected by the wetter fields during rain, thus changing how the game is played in bad weather.

Included in the feature will be new visual effects which will allow players to become covered in blades of grass and water to splash as rain accumulates. The weather itself will be modeled better visually as well.

Look for more PES 2016 info soon!

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ncaafootball14markus @ 06/17/15 05:37 PM
didn't fifa also say they had dynamic weather this year? or were they just referring to a game going from day to evening?

# 2 bxphenom7 @ 06/17/15 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
didn't fifa also say they had dynamic weather this year? or were they just referring to a game going from day to evening?
Na, I'm pretty sure FIFA doesn't have it. Might be what you're saying where the game goes from dusk to night. Going to the official game page for info

# 3 dubcity @ 06/17/15 08:26 PM
I wonder just how realistic it will be. I mean, I hope it's not gonna go from sunny straight to rainy without it being overcast. Also, hopefully it starts raining at random times and not just after a half time load screen.

I'm very cautious when PES gets ambitious like this lol.

# 4 Mtume @ 06/20/15 04:22 PM
Hopefully it will be like the weather in gta

# 5 dubcity @ 06/20/15 08:54 PM
From what I've read it'll only kick in after halftime. So it'll just go from overcast to raining. Meh.

# 6 TexasFan2005 @ 06/22/15 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
From what I've read it'll only kick in after halftime. So it'll just go from overcast to raining. Meh.
Yep, this screenshot all but confirms it:

Eh, I guess it's better than nothing.

# 7 RoyceDa59 @ 06/25/15 12:22 PM
So it this only for rain, like it won't go from Sunny to Overcast or vice versa;or start snowing after halftime in the winter.

# 8 Zac @ 06/25/15 01:29 PM
What ever happened to the feature of watering the pitch before a game? Am I crazy, or was that a thing they pitched last year as a feature. But it wasn't in the game. Something about controlling passing on a wet pitch for home games or something. Is this going to end up like that?

# 9 RoyceDa59 @ 06/25/15 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
What ever happened to the feature of watering the pitch before a game? Am I crazy, or was that a thing they pitched last year as a feature. But it wasn't in the game. Something about controlling passing on a wet pitch for home games or something. Is this going to end up like that?
This was in last year, you could have the grass cut a certain length or have the pitch wet or dry.

# 10 KG @ 06/25/15 04:51 PM
It's still in there. When you're the home team go to Stadium and you'll see it.

# 11 dubcity @ 06/25/15 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
So it this only for rain, like it won't go from Sunny to Overcast or vice versa;or start snowing after halftime in the winter.

Is there snow in PES? They just added rain again in 2015, so I don't think there will be snow. I would just expect it to go from overcast to rain, and no other weather variations.

I think they need to massively improve stadium detail before they go crazy with weather, and who knows if that will ever happen.

# 12 KG @ 06/25/15 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Is there snow in PES? They just added rain again in 2015, so I don't think there will be snow. I would just expect it to go from overcast to rain, and no other weather variations.

I think they need to massively improve stadium detail before they go crazy with weather, and who knows if that will ever happen.
Naa...no snow on 2015 consoles dub. Not sure about PC though

# 13 Zac @ 06/25/15 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
It's still in there. When you're the home team go to Stadium and you'll see it.
That explains why I've never seen it. I also just hit continue on that screen as soon as it shows up. I was expecting it to be in the main menu. Guess I should poke around that screen some.

# 14 Rules @ 06/25/15 10:41 PM
Boo that's not dynamic weather. Dynamic weather is what we see happen in F1 2014.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.