Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

The official NBA 2K Twitter account posted a picture today of cover athlete Anthony Davis getting body scanned. The promise is that it will give players "more authenticity than ever before."

Obviously that's a bit vague, but this is not the first time we've heard about this type of scanning. Back in January, we pointed out that a couple NBA teams posted similar images on their official Twitter accounts. In other words, the NBA 2K folks have been making their rounds to get this done.

It's hard to say if this is to try and push more realistic wingspans, more realistic tattoos, more body types, or something else even deeper than that. It also makes you wonder if you will have more body types to choose from when creating players.

Either way, more authenticity is never a bad thing, we'll just have to see how this all comes together.

UPDATE: Body scans continued...

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 LeBron_On_Mars @ 07/19/15 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnhj
Very cool. I wonder if Westbrook's Live endorsement make it harder for 2k to get him in for scanning? Vice versa for Live with Curry,Harden,Davis?

I think EA has player model scans on lock as of Live 15. I mean all players on that look close to being exact. (model wise)

# 82 redsox4evur @ 07/19/15 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron_On_Mars
I think EA has player model scans on lock as of Live 15. I mean all players on that look close to being exact. (model wise)
You're replying to a spam bot...

# 83 LeBron_On_Mars @ 07/19/15 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
You're replying to a spam bot...

How am I suppose to know that?!

# 84 redsox4evur @ 07/19/15 11:03 AM
Quote:
How am I suppose to know that?!
He is posting something that is on the first page of the thread and the broken picture link. Also most spam bots have names such as xkdjfdskd. Basically starts with x and then a bunch of random letters.

# 85 Oldhead80 @ 07/19/15 12:47 PM
Quote:
I don't think Live 16 models even have realistic wingspans...at least from what I've seen. From that E3 footage I certainly didn't see a variety of body types and sizes.

# 86 23 @ 07/23/15 06:52 PM
They're scanning Ant Davis

# 87 Goffs @ 07/23/15 09:08 PM
I thought they scanned him already....I'm excited on how the final model will look. I really hope it translates well in-game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.