Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports is seeking to expand the Madden NFL 16 skills trainer by focusing more on real world positions, responsibilities, and concepts.

New this year will be a base level of knowledge focusing on details about each player position on the field and their role of responsibility. After the player positions breakdown, you will then be taught run, pass, and defensive concepts how they are actually taught to players.

Of course, the new passing, catching, and coverage mechanics will be well covered in the skills trainer as well.

Another cool new addition will be a section within skills trainer which teachers players popular run concepts. In this section, the skills trainer will break down the most popular run concepts such as the inside zone, power, and trap plays. You will be taught where you should run based on how the play is evolving.

Also, Gauntlet Mode is making a return, with extra life challenges being introduced to try to give players an extra life to complete a challenge. Less than 200 players completed all 40 levels of Gauntlet mode last year -- so the team is looking to make that more possible this year.

Be sure to check out the new screenshots for the Madden NFL 16 Skills Trainer here.

What do you think of the new additions of Skills trainer and the return of Gauntlet Mode?

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the Madden NFL 16 page.

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 snc237 @ 07/07/15 07:21 PM
Oh how I miss mini camp. Now it did give you an unfair advantage when you could constantly beat all madden in franchise however the mode by itself was amazing. I know madden still needsto fix a lot of stuff still but I'd they said we are bring back mini camp I would be sold on that alone.

# 22 georgiafan @ 07/07/15 08:04 PM
The first thing I thought of was man now I will have to finish all of these to get a trophy. That's good that you get a a extra life since so few people completed it last year.

# 23 Hova57 @ 07/07/15 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
The first thing I thought of was man now I will have to finish all of these to get a trophy. That's good that you get a a extra life since so few people completed it last year.
But thats because your profile erased i stopped playing it because i lost alot of progress twice

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

# 24 Hova57 @ 07/07/15 10:27 PM
I enjoy those skills trainers . If they get gap control for offense and defense it will be a very good skills trainer.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

# 25 ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ @ 07/07/15 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon
This mode reminded me of one of my favorite past madden features, that was the mini camp game mode, where you had to travel from city to city playing mini games like this. And what's funny is that in madden 04, the players had shorts.

They just need to replace game prep with an actual off season. OTAs and Training camp (2 chances to make improvements through skills drills), and then make weekly preparation all about confidence and awareness (maybe practice like in Head Coach).

# 26 Skyboxer @ 07/07/15 10:59 PM
I really hope the issue of everything resetting is not in M16. Got so tired of the demo popping up and all my settings resorting back to default at random times.

# 27 ShaiLeGran @ 07/08/15 06:36 AM
They should implement this skill games during the loading of a game just as FIFA.

# 28 Beelzebot44 @ 07/08/15 10:30 AM
Nice. I loved Gauntlet. Now if they would just bring back the rushing attack online minigame. I spent so many hours doing that.

# 29 ODogg @ 07/08/15 10:37 AM
This looks like a really nice add

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 30 SpyPirates @ 07/08/15 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
They just need to replace game prep with an actual off season. OTAs and Training camp (2 chances to make improvements through skills drills), and then make weekly preparation all about confidence and awareness (maybe practice like in Head Coach).

Agreed.

To hash out how I'd see this playing out, I think they should have a screen where you can tell your position coaches what intangible attribute(s) they should focus on (teach WR route running as opposed to catch in traffic or awareness), and then (partly as a compromise to the casual CFM community that EA cares a lot about, but also b/c I think it'd be fun) have a training camp mode where you can take the choices you made previously and run players through drills to see how much they've improved over the offseason. The more focus you put on a given attribute, the more points you get and/or the easier the drill is to complete successfully.

The implication here is the primary driver of player progression takes place over the offseason via choices coaches make on how to develop them rather than on a week-to-week basis by achieving goals on Sundays or via game prep on Wednesday-Friday. The training camp would mostly be for fun, but it could be seen as a test of what players learned, and the difficulty could be scaled based on your coach's ability, player's development rating, and the amount of emphasis you decided put on the activity.

# 31 SolidSquid @ 07/09/15 02:34 PM
Sounds like this would be a perfect way to introduce true gap responsibilites/defenders and SAM and WILL linebackers.

# 32 floydmaximus @ 07/09/15 05:46 PM
I agree the practice uni's were great!

# 33 kjcheezhead @ 07/18/15 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The PS2 games had nothing equivalent to what Skills Trainer provides to the user with respect to its power and depth as an educational tool, and The Gauntlet flat-out did not exist before Madden NFL 15.

Try again.
It's a matter of personal preference. I liked the ps2 drills better. Pocket presence , swat ball and rushing attack were the most fun to me. Current madden as an educational tool is a stretch for me as well. Really hard to use it for run play concepts without defenders playing gaps at all. It's only good for teaching madden ball really. Finally, I'm just not a fan of gauntlet. Too over the top for my taste. It doesn't make the drills mode better than the ps2 games ones in my opinion.

To each their own.

# 34 Pokes404 @ 07/18/15 02:41 PM
I tend to hope for the best and expect the worst when it comes to Madden (can you really blame me?), but I have to say that I was pretty impressed with the skills trainer in Madden 15. It did a nice job of teaching some basic concepts in a fun and easy-to-learn manner. I got some legitimate joy watching my 10 year old cousin being taught how to read a defense in a stick concept.

For me, it was the first feature to be introduced in an EA football game to actually surpass my expectations since Online Dynasties in NCAA Football.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.