Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K today announced DJ Mustard, DJ Khaled and DJ Premier have combined forces to curate the largest soundtrack in NBA 2K history for NBA 2K16. Each producer created two new tracks exclusively for NBA 2K16 in addition to each curating one of the game’s six in-game playlists.

With more than 50 tracks spanning a diverse mix of genres, NBA 2K16’s soundtrack is by far the biggest yet.

Read the full press release below.

Trio of Award-Winning Producers Bring the Beat to NBA® 2K16 Soundtrack

DJ Mustard, DJ Khaled and DJ Premier collaborate to create biggest soundtrack in NBA 2K history, including six new exclusive tracks

2K today announced that NBA 2K16, the newest iteration of the top-rated video game simulation series for the last 15 years*, will feature the most extensive soundtrack in NBA 2K history with three genre-defining collaborators at the helm - legendary hip-hop producer DJ Premier, renowned producer DJ Khaled, and super-producer DJ Mustard. As one of the most successful entertainment properties of the last decade, NBA 2K16’s partnership brings together their unique creative direction in curating more than 50 tracks and contributing a total of six new exclusive tracks to this year’s title.
  • “I am excited to be a part of the ongoing series of NBA 2K. As a sports fan, it was already fun before the work began. NBA 2K16 will be another big hit, especially alongside DJ Mustard and DJ Khaled bringing our different musical styles to the game.” - DJ Premier
  • “I am honored to collaborate with NBA 2K, which is such a distinguished brand and one of my favorite video games. Basketball and music are two of my favorite things, and I'm excited to light up the soundtrack with my signature sound. Expect the hottest tracks and of course hit music when you press the start button on NBA 2K16! We The Best! Who?!!! NBA 2K16 that's who!!!!” – DJ Khaled
  • “It’s an honor and a blessing to be part of the NBA 2K musical family alongside legends like Pharrell, Jay Z, DJ Premier and DJ Khaled.” - DJ Mustard
NBA 2K16’s soundtrack will be comprised of six in-game playlists, including three lists individually curated by each producer, an international “Around the World” playlist, the 2K Classics Mixtape featuring fan favorites from previous 2K titles, and a master playlist that includes all 50 tracks from this year’s selection. The expansive music library spans a wide range of genres, including hip-hop, electronic, pop, rock and alternative, from throwback tracks from the ‘70s through today’s Top 40, including The Ramones’ “Blitzkrieg Bop,” Nas’ “Represent,” and Zedd’s “I Want You to Know” featuring Selena Gomez.

Gamers will also have the opportunity to listen to all-new instrumental tracks created by each producer, which will be available in-game at various points during the MyPLAYER and MyGM experiences.

“As we continue to identify ways to elevate the NBA 2K franchise for our fans, we wanted to give them more options and choices than ever before with this year’s soundtrack,” said Alfie Brody, Vice President of Marketing for NBA 2K. “By bringing these influential producers onboard, fans will be able to experience in-game music in unique, customizable ways.”

Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K16 is not yet rated by the ESRB. NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation®4 system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Xbox 360; and Windows PC platforms on September 29, 2015.

Fans can pre-order NBA 2K16 at participating North American retail and online vendors, ensuring they receive their copy and in-game bonuses ahead of the game’s September 29 release date. While game covers will be distributed at random, each game box includes a foldable insert with all 3 individual cover athletes, ensuring the ability to insert the cover of their choice into the front of box.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 RocketTMac1 @ 07/13/15 07:46 PM
I seriously want to stun these salty people. Hollywood Rock style

# 122 GudStuffzz @ 07/13/15 08:37 PM
mustard on the beat hoe

# 123 Mauer4MVP @ 07/13/15 09:31 PM
Country being on the soundtrack would be the first time I would put the entire soundtrack on mute. It has no place in a basketball game... or being made period (I'm talking mainstream country).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WySgNm8qH-I

# 124 jeremym480 @ 07/13/15 11:41 PM
DJ Mustard? Is that the Colonels son?

# 125 Ward13 @ 07/14/15 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Did you just call Premo commercial?

This generation I tell you LMAO

# 126 BellSKA @ 07/14/15 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Hmm. Which arenas? I've been to probably half of the arenas in the NBA over the last 7-8 yrs and I've never heard country played in any of them.

I've been to LA, DC, San Antonio, Both NY arenas, Atlanta, Philly, Boston, Chicago, OKC, Miami, Oakland and Charlotte.

Maybe I heard a country song in OKC but I dont remember it at all. Even still the large majority of songs were pop.

I'm a Wizard season ticket holder and the owner tried to switch up the music to organ music and only pop like 3 yrs ago and the fans and players complained. Now that **** is like walking into a hip hop nightclub.
I can assure you country music is played in Charlotte. May have been an off night when you were there.

I find this thread amusing. I don't care much for either genre, but understand the imprint Rap/ Hip Hop has in the NBA. I don't really understand what country has to do except for geographic location.

Everybody knows the best soundtrack in the history of video games is Tony Hawk Pro Skater. So stop the hate and port that soundtrack into this game.

# 127 The 24th Letter @ 07/14/15 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
I can assure you country music is played in Charlotte. May have been an off night when you were there..

I've been a Hornets/Bobcats season ticket holder for years now and there definitely isn't a lot of country being played there.....now Panthers games are a different story....

# 128 aholbert32 @ 07/14/15 08:54 AM
Quote:
I've been a Hornets/Bobcats season ticket holder for years now and there definitely isn't a lot of country being played there.....now Panthers games are a different story....

I don't remember hearing one country song played at the Hornets game I went too. Like I said before it's rare to hear country. I've heard Rock but it's usually classic rock like livin on a prayer and welcome to the jungle.

# 129 Mauer4MVP @ 07/14/15 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
And all rap "raps" about is women, drugs and gang bangin'. See, I can be ignorant too.

Grow up.

That video is an actual depiction of mainstream country current day. It's had the biggest fall of all music genres in terms of quality. You can actually make a legitimate case about the limited creativity of country.

You can't make that case about rap unless you still live in the mindset of 15 years ago.

# 130 nyqu1st @ 07/14/15 01:23 PM
The soundtracks have been pretty garbage year to year with maybe a select few songs that are listenable imo. The mainstream hip-hop/rap being played probably is favorites for a lot of these guys purchasing the game (??) but 2k needs to throw a bone to others and realize that commercial rap is slowly becoming ousted as people are turning off their radio and plugging in their aux cords to listen to the underground stuff. So, hear us out 2k, let us get some ASAP, Joey bada$$, cj fly, Flatbush, The UA, Chano, Bronson, Vic Mensa, Danny Brown, Coustin stizz, Lucki Eck$, Dillon Cooper, Ab-Soul, Schoolboy, and the list goes on......

# 131 nyqu1st @ 07/14/15 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
That video is an actual depiction of mainstream country current day. It's had the biggest fall of all music genres in terms of quality. You can actually make a legitimate case about the limited creativity of country.

You can't make that case about rap unless you still live in the mindset of 15 years ago.
You are backing up your claim with opinionated statements. You might believe that Country music is becoming less-creative whereas someone else believes it's spiked in creativity in recent years. The quality is well.... an opinion.

You can't make that case about either and have it be factual. Music is music. You interpret it how you want from your perspective.

# 132 BellSKA @ 07/14/15 02:35 PM
Quote:
There isn't a lot, but there is some. Not as low as none of the time, but not as often as every game.

# 133 SeaTownGamer @ 07/14/15 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
Everybody knows the best soundtrack in the history of video games is Tony Hawk Pro Skater. So stop the hate and port that soundtrack into this game.
Psssh..Not even close GTA has a better soundtrack.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.