Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports will reveal the Madden NFL 16 rookie ratings tomorrow, along with reactions from each player.

Have any predictions?

Looking back at last year, this is what the rookie ratings in Madden NFL 15 looked like before the start of the season.
  • DE - Jadeveon Clowney - Houston (83 Overall)
  • OL - Greg Robinson - St. Louis (83 Overall)
  • OLB -Khalil Mack - Oakland (81 Overall)
  • OL - Jake Matthews - Atlanta (81 Overall)
  • WR - Sammy Watkins - Buffalo (80 Overall)
  • S - Calvyn Pryor - New York Jets (79 Overall)
  • DL - Aaron Donald - St. Louis (79 Overall)
  • S - Haha Clinton Dix - Green Bay (79 Overall)
  • OL - Taylor Lewan - Tennessee (79 Overall)
  • QB - Blake Bortles - Jacksonville (78 Overall)
  • CB - Darqueze Dennard - Cincinnati (78 Overall)
  • WR - Mike Evans - Tampa Bay (78 Overall)
  • OL - Zack Martin - Dallas (78 Overall)

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 redsox4evur @ 07/20/15 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Actually revealed next thursday.
Where did you see that? The OP has a video from the official Madden Facebook page (with the blue check mark) that states 7/20/15 at the end.

# 22 CM Hooe @ 07/20/15 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Where did you see that? The OP has a video from the official Madden Facebook page (with the blue check mark) that states 7/20/15 at the end.
I think he's attempting to make a joke about the delay of the release of the presentation blog.

Anyway, I'm mainly curious to see how many rookies' ratings they reveal, and I wonder if they are going to grade Randy Gregory as the first-round talent he was or if his ratings are going to get docked on account of his draft slide.

# 23 redsox4evur @ 07/20/15 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I think he's attempting to make a joke about the delay of the release of the presentation blog.

Anyway, I'm mainly curious to see how many rookies' ratings they reveal, and I wonder if they are going to grade Randy Gregory as the first-round talent he was or if his ratings are going to get docked on account of his draft slide.
Completely forgot about that...and have they done that in the past with other guys like Clarett or Rodgers (obviously a different case)?

# 24 Sheba2011 @ 07/20/15 02:47 AM
My prediction Jameis Winston will be wildly overrated.

# 25 DeuceDouglas @ 07/20/15 03:29 AM
I think the ratings at least overall wise will fall in line with how rookie ratings have in recent years. I think if there is any big difference it will be in the SPD category. With DM saying they reworked it, my guess is still that they just scaled it back significantly.

Quote:
I think that the latter will be the case, seems like they've always done it that way. I'm sure Marcus Peters will be lower than all the corners that went before him as well. I'll be interested to see what they give La'el Collins given his situation.

# 26 Find_the_Door @ 07/20/15 06:34 AM
Randy Gregory and La'el Collins ratings better not be impacted simply because draft position. Doesn't indicate talent and that will severely piss me off.

# 27 Noonie13 @ 07/20/15 08:29 AM
Looking at Blake Borltes rating last year makes me think Winston gets an 81 to start.
I really wish they'd get away from ratings and just go by skill traits though.

# 28 BreakingBad2013 @ 07/20/15 08:34 AM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Randy Gregory and La'el Collins ratings better not be impacted simply because draft position. Doesn't indicate talent and that will severely piss me off.
Based on various talking heads, Gregory was still a very raw player. He has the physicals, but lacked actual technique, and relied too heavily on athleticism alone. So I'm hoping his physical ratings are high for a rookie, but his intangibles should be low.

Also, he should not be rated anywhere close to what Clowney was rated last year.

As for LaEl, he didn't have much going against him, just a minor foot injury, but I doubt he'll be rated as a top 10 player since he went undrafted.

We shall see.

# 29 Find_the_Door @ 07/20/15 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Based on various talking heads, Gregory was still a very raw player. He has the physicals, but lacked actual technique, and relied too heavily on athleticism alone. So I'm hoping his physical ratings are high for a rookie, but his intangibles should be low.

Also, he should not be rated anywhere close to what Clowney was rated last year.

As for LaEl, he didn't have much going against him, just a minor foot injury, but I doubt he'll be rated as a top 10 player since he went undrafted.

We shall see.
I understand that about Randy, but La'el should be rated well!

# 30 Chiefsfan881129 @ 07/20/15 08:48 AM
Nah come on guys let's not be Homers we love our teams sure but let's be real undrafted players should be rated like undrafted players until they prove themselves remember this isn't college anymore this is the Big Boys league guys are bigger stronger & faster just Cuz Collins has top tier talent doesn't mean he should be rated like one he needs to prove it I'd Rate him low to mid 60's until proven otherwise

I'll even admit if I were EA I wouldn't rate Marcus Peters higher then a 75 until he proves it sure he has the best chance to be great but doesn't mean he will be. But knowing EA they will rate him 78 to 82 simply because he arguably the best pure CB in draft

Protential doesn't always translate to the NFL so let's rate all rookies including veterans realistic separate the vets from rookies will go along ways towards making the game more fun.. & realistic & true to the game!

I'm interested to see the rookie ratings 2day this ought to be fun.... have a great day

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

# 31 DerkontheOS @ 07/20/15 08:51 AM
Does anybody know around what time they release these things?

# 32 sir psycho @ 07/20/15 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
Nah come on guys let's not be Homers we love our teams sure but let's be real undrafted players should be rated like undrafted players until they prove themselves remember this isn't college anymore this is the Big Boys league guys are bigger stronger & faster just Cuz Collins has top tier talent doesn't mean he should be rated like one he needs to prove it I'd Rate him low to mid 60's until proven otherwise
I strongly disagree with [part of] this. Collins was considered to be a first round talent, and was undrafted for reasons completely unrelated to football. He should be rated the same the same as if he was taken in the first round, and his ratings should be comparable to other players taken in the first round this year. La'el Collins did not all of the sudden become a worse football player just because there was a controversy that caused him to go undrafted.

However, I do agree that rookies, in general, do tend to come in rated too highly.

# 33 MoneyOvaHuds @ 07/20/15 09:11 AM
Collins should be a 73-75, talking about a player that would have went top 10 likely to the Giants .

# 34 BCJMU99 @ 07/20/15 10:36 AM
Eagles top 3 rookies -

WR Nelson Agholor - 74 overall
DB Eric Rowe - 75 overall
LB Jonathan Hicks - 68 overall

# 35 NDAlum @ 07/20/15 10:39 AM
I just hope they don't use AWR as a crutch to bring down overalls. So a guy has elite skill and talent but they hit him with 40 AWR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 36 JayD @ 07/20/15 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912
my prediction is......that the ratings wont be released today.....
I was just about to say this.

# 37 BreakingBad2013 @ 07/20/15 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJMU99
Eagles top 3 rookies -

WR Nelson Agholor - 74 overall
DB Eric Rowe - 75 overall
LB Jonathan Hicks - 68 overall
Jordan Hicks.

I think Agholor will be 75, Rowe 70, and Hicks 67.

Hopefully all of the Eagles rookie DBs are physical CBs too, not just off-man cover guys.

# 38 DCEBB2001 @ 07/20/15 02:06 PM
I don't do the ratings for EA, but if I did...

....your top 100...

Winston Jameis QB 70
Mariota Marcus QB 70
Cooper Amari WR 70
Scherff Brandon RT 70
Williams Leonard LE 69
White Kevin WR 69
Beasley Vic ROLB 68
Gordon Melvin RB 66
Shelton Danny DT 66
Dupree Bud LOLB 65
Johnson Kevin CB 65
Waynes Trae CB 65
Perriman Breshad WR 65
Flowers Ereck LT 65
Erving Cameron C 64
Gurley Todd RB 64
Peters Marcus CB 64
Strong Jaelen WR 64
Parker DeVante WR 64
Agholor Nelson WR 64
Jones Byron CB 64
Randall Damarious CB 63
Brown Malcom DT 63
Armstead Arik DT 63
Peat Andrus RT 63
Ogbuehi Cedric LT 63
Tomlinson Laken LG 63
Ray Shane ROLB 63
Dorsett Phillip WR 63
Thompson Shaq ROLB 63
Humphries D.J. RT 63
Anthony Stephone ILB 63
Gregory Randy RE 63
Smith Donovan LT 63
Fisher Jake RT 63
Odighizuwa Owamagbe RE 62
Kendricks Eric ILB 62
Edwards, Jr. Mario RE 62
Collins La'el LG 62
Harold Eli ROLB 62
Rowe Eric CB 62
Collins Landon SS 62
Hunter Danielle RE 62
Jarrett Grady DT 62
Mount Deiontrez ROLB 62
Marpet Ali RG 62
Smith Preston LOLB 62
Pinion Bradley P 62
Wile Matt K 62
Darby Ronald CB 61
Goldman Eddie DT 61
Yeldon T.J. RB 61
Amos Adrian FS 61
Hundley Brett QB 61
Johnson David RB 61
Havenstein Rob RT 61
Petty Bryce QB 61
Tull Davis LOLB 61
Abdullah Ameer RB 61
Coleman Tevin RB 61
Ekpre-Olomu Ifo CB 61
Funchess Devin WR 61
Coates Sammie WR 61
Morse Mitch C 61
Green-Beckham Dorial WR 61
Collins Jalen CB 61
Phillips Jordan DT 61
Williams Maxx TE 61
Williams P.J. CB 61
Rollins Quinten CB 61
Johnson Will P 61
Sambrailo Ty LT 60
Lockett Tyler WR 60
Anderson Henry LE 60
Conley Chris WR 60
Golson Senquez CB 60
Dawson Paul ROLB 60
Smith Devin WR 60
Ryan Jake ILB 60
Carter Alex CB 60
Kikaha Hau'oli LOLB 60
Orchard Nate ROLB 60
Johnson Duke RB 60
Davison Tyeler LE 60
Davis Carl DT 60
Tartt Jaquiski SS 60
Long Ty K 60
Blackson Angelo DT 59
Cann A.J. LG 59
Clemmings T.J. RG 59
Cooper Xavier LE 59
Flowers Trey LE 59
Langford Jeremy RB 59
McKinney Benardrick ILB 59
Miller John LG 59
Allen Javorius RB 59
Nelson Steven CB 59
Walford Clive TE 59
Waller Darren WR 59
Finney B.J. C 59

# 39 Aiq xDoDx @ 07/20/15 02:07 PM
EA Ratings for the first 10 picks

Amari Cooper, WR, OAK – 82 OVR
Jameis Winston, QB, TB – 81 OVR
Todd Gurley, RB, STL – 80 OVR
Leonard Williams, DL, NYJ – 80 OVR
Brandon Scherff, OL, WAS – 80 OVR
Dante Fowler Jr., DE, JAX – 79 OVR
Melvin Gordon, RB, SD – 78 OVR
Kevin White, WR, CHI – 78 OVR
Marcus Mariota, QB, TEN – 78 OVR
Vic Beasley Jr., DE, ATL – 77 OVR

# 40 Chiefsfan881129 @ 07/20/15 02:18 PM
This stinks thought they would release the entire rookie class as the way it sounded never did it mention top 10 anywhere hopefully more on the way.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.