Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has released more Madden NFL 16 ratings. Below are the top 5 wide receivers in Madden NFL 16, more ratings on these players can be seen here.
  • Antonio Brown (97 OVR)
  • Dez Bryant (96 OVR)
  • Calvin Johnson (95 OVR)
  • Odell Beckham Jr. (94 OVR)
  • Julio Jones (94 OVR)
Previously released Madden NFL 16 player ratings:

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 iLLWiLL @ 07/23/15 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
For the sake of making these ratings look bad, I hope OBJ has a really bad sophomore slump... I'm getting real tired about hearing about this catch, sure it was a great catch can we move on now.

For the sake of all Eagles fans, I hope he slumps, too
He did have a pretty incredible rookie season aside from that catch, though.

# 62 DeuceDouglas @ 07/23/15 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb4056
Anyone see Dez Bryant's tweet about his speed rating? lol
It's funny because I know a lot of people, outside of here at least, don't know or understand that speed has been scaled back. I was on a Chiefs website and they had a post about Jamaal Charles being the third highest RB and a lot of the comments were about how shocked they were that he only had 92 speed. I just hope that if JC is 92 for speed it means that guys that were in the 60's are now in the 50's and 40's and they didn't just take the guys above 85 and bring them down a bit.

# 63 GameBreaker35 @ 07/23/15 05:39 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
That's exactly why FBG ratings will never be in madden.
To be fair, nearly all NFL athletes over value their talents as it relates to Madden ratings. I don't think that EA takes Bryant's comments that serious because if it were up to him, he would have 99 throw power and accuracy as well.

# 64 BleedGreen710 @ 07/23/15 05:44 PM
Andrew Luck and OBJ in the top 5 at their position? thats really surprising to me. they are still up and coming players. what are they gonna be rated once they break out? 99? other then that it seems alright.

# 65 Yukon46 @ 07/23/15 05:47 PM
Quote:
I liked some of the responses better....

"you ran a 4.52"

"man quit crying you lucky they even got u that high"

"don't like it? Run faster."

Some people get it.......all hope is not lost

# 66 khaliib @ 07/23/15 05:48 PM
They (EA) need to include "Player Type" and Scheme of team they're currently on because this impacts the players OVR and the other which changes when you enter CFM.

If they haven't tuned the "Route Run" a lot of folk going to be mad at the constant "instant open" separation this rating creates when over 70.

Wish they included something this year to make "Top" players play differently than the average player.

I want to have to be forced to have to double-team Megatron when playing against the AI.

We shall see!!!

# 67 GoodImmigrant @ 07/23/15 06:08 PM
I don't get why there are so many people down on OBJ.

Here are some numbers on OBJ catch %, and how he compares to some of the best WRs in the NFL (via Big Blue View)
http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/7/16...ion-perception

Player Man Coverage Zone Coverage Press Coverage Double Coverage Contested Catches
Demaryius Thomas 60.8% (17th) 70.9% (15th) 59.8% (19th) 33.3% (15th) 50.0% (22nd)
Antonio Brown 79.7% (2nd) 93.6% (1st) 82.0% (4th) 80.6% (4th) 81.8% (3rd)
Dez Bryant 75.5% (4th) 82.8% (5th) 81.0% (5th) 57.1% (11th) 72.2% (9th)
Odell Beckham Jr. 80.1% (1st) 83.8% (3rd) 86.7 (1st) 67.9% (6th) 82.6% (2nd)

# 68 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/23/15 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
To be fair, nearly all NFL athletes over value their talents as it relates to Madden ratings. I don't think that EA takes Bryant's comments that serious because if it were up to him, he would have 99 throw power and accuracy as well.
I don't think you understand how big of an issue it would be if FBG ratings were out of box. If the athletes all complain because they are rated so low, that is very bad business for EA. If one complains, eh.

They have to cater to the athletes as well as the average players who want high rated players.

Just to be clear, I would kill for his ratings in but I could never see EA allowing that.

# 69 OhMrHanky @ 07/23/15 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playajay98
Yes, everyone benefits from Peyton being their QB (i.e. Blair White) But DT has size, strength, and IMO runs better routes than Dez. He has a ton of one handers like this one out there. Always a threat to take a bubble screen or a slant for 6 and he has good footwork near the sidelines too.

Lol. Right on, man. THAT is a sick catch! Everybody seems on board with him being pretty bad ***. That's fine. Again, I'm a GT alum, and appreciate the players that played there. Just haven't seen enough games to see his true skill, I'm sure. It's such a great irony to have 2 great WRs come out of GT. I went to a lot of Calvin Johnson games back in the day, and it killed me, because our QB sucked then, and we have rarely been a strong passing team (even before Paul Johnson), but seeing that guy in the game, I knew he was a beast and hoped he would crush it in the NFL (which, he has). Nice to see 2 top WRs from GT. I can rock the DT bandwagon. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 70 GameBreaker35 @ 07/23/15 07:16 PM
Quote:
I don't think you understand how big of an issue it would be if FBG ratings were out of box. If the athletes all complain because they are rated so low, that is very bad business for EA. If one complains, eh.

They have to cater to the athletes as well as the average players who want high rated players.

Just to be clear, I would kill for his ratings in but I could never see EA allowing that.

Don't get me wrong, I DO understand that it would be a huge problem with the consumers which is why it won't ever happen, but I don't think the rating department is concerned with what specific athletes think. Tiburon knows that all NFL athletes believe they should be enshrined Canton, Ohio.

# 71 ATLBrayden @ 07/23/15 07:26 PM
To everyone confused as to why people to don't want OBJ in the top 5, it's not that he wasn't good last year, it's that he hasn't consistently proved that he deserves a spot. As of now, there are much better candidates for his top 5 spot in Demaryius Thomas, Jordy Nelson, and AJ Green.

If OBJ can continue produce very well he'll get a spot because he's earned it, but right now he's just a rookie who had a fantastic year and could keep it up or completely fizzle out next season.

# 72 GoodImmigrant @ 07/23/15 07:43 PM
rantings are based on the year before. So what's the problem with OBJ being 94?
EA should just reveal DT's rating. I bet he's a 94 OVR

Stats from the year before are Facts, it makes sense to come up with an OVR rating based on facts.
Saying "what if it was a fluke year" is not a facts, it doesn't give you anything to base an OVR rating on. So why penalize OBJ over a nothing?

# 73 reverend_heat @ 07/23/15 08:15 PM
Did you guys actually watch ODB last season? I'm 39 and in my lifetime I dont know if I have ever seen a WR as explosive out of breaks as he is, and his ability to track the ball once its in the air is simply phenomenal, not to mention his laughable leaping ability and freakishly large hands. His route running ability right now is near the top in the NFL, ask Sherman, there were points in games last year where he was basically uncoverable, and made veteran NFL db's look like college freshmen. Its almost like he glides to describe it another way, smooth but explosive at the same time. to the older guys here who watched the greats back in the 80's/90's in their prime, like Payton, Rice, LT, Barry Sanders, I'm sure you recall realizing that there was an "it" factor they all shared. You couldn't always explain it, but you knew it when you saw it. Im telling you guys right now that Beckham has that same quality, the ability to be a generational talent, like the guys I mentioned above. If you want to argue he doesnt deserve the spot because its a 1 year sample, fine, but he clearly has potential to be one of the greats, if you dont realize that, you either havent watched him closely enough, or you just dont know football, because his talent level is simply off the charts.

# 74 fitz2k2 @ 07/23/15 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
For the sake of all Eagles fans, I hope he slumps, too
He did have a pretty incredible rookie season aside from that catch, though.

I am eagles fan to.Since hes on the cover of madden.Hes def going to get sophomore slump.People are saying omg when cruz comes back from his injury giants are gonna have sickest wr duo.People fail to forget once your on this cover your def gonna get injured lol

# 75 Hiro1 @ 07/23/15 08:41 PM
Did I miss Megatron's speed? If not why wouldn't EA include it?

# 76 redsox4evur @ 07/23/15 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Andrew Luck and OBJ in the top 5 at their position? thats really surprising to me. they are still up and coming players. what are they gonna be rated once they break out? 99? other then that it seems alright.
Andrew Luck is a top 5 QB in the game today. But OBJ is no where near a top 5 WR. Is he a great WR? Yes I think he is, but in no way shape or form is a top 5 WR. He needs to show that he can put these numbers constantly to be in the top 5. He has the talent to be there but not the stats to back it up.

# 77 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 10:25 PM
Quote:

I think you are jumping the gun a little bit here. EA has already reached out to me on 2 occasions to bring my ratings into the game. I am not saying that they will be, but what I am saying is that they are at least considering it.

That has to mean something. Either way, we will all find out by the end of August.

# 78 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
Don't get me wrong, I DO understand that it would be a huge problem with the consumers which is why it won't ever happen, but I don't think the rating department is concerned with what specific athletes think. Tiburon knows that all NFL athletes believe they should be enshrined Canton, Ohio.
So much negativity here! Can't we all at least look at the bright side in that EA took their time to contact me in regards to making FBG a permanent part of Madden? The very fact that they are considering it, even at a minimal level, could mean a step in the right direction.

# 79 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 10:28 PM
Quote:
That's exactly why FBG ratings will never be in madden.
Dez should stop complaining and get faster. It isn't my fault that the guy ran a 4.52. All I am trying to do is rate him according to how he SHOULD BE RATED...not according to how he THINKS HE SHOULD BE RATED.

Big difference.

# 80 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
I liked some of the responses better....

"you ran a 4.52"

"man quit crying you lucky they even got u that high"

"don't like it? Run faster."

Some people get it.......all hope is not lost
My thoughts exactly.

It is what it is, and the metrics don't lie.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.