Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Godgers12 @ 07/30/15 05:31 PM
All these guys useless after year 2 lol. When every team is littered with 95+ SPD WR's.

# 22 XtremeDunkz @ 07/30/15 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
All these guys useless after year 2 lol. When every team is littered with 95+ SPD WR's.
Speed meant nothing last year. I was killing people in my cfm with 73 speed Jordy Nelson because of his route running and CIT. Speed is no longer the end all be all.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

# 23 jtswag187 @ 07/30/15 05:58 PM
I agree that Peterson had a down year, but when healthy he is arguably the best. Just look at how he shut down Dez or Megatron. Peterson, Haden, and Grimes need to be in the top 5

# 24 StL_RamZ @ 07/30/15 06:02 PM
Damn the Dolphins defense wouldve been great if they kept Davis and Smith.

# 25 Number999 @ 07/30/15 06:05 PM
Hah... two former Dolphins CBs on this list who played together at the same time.... so funny... hah.

# 26 bigdooky15 @ 07/30/15 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
Damn the Dolphins defense wouldve been great if they kept Davis and Smith.
*sigh* If only...

# 27 charter04 @ 07/30/15 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtswag187
I agree that Peterson had a down year, but when healthy he is arguably the best. Just look at how he shut down Dez or Megatron. Peterson, Haden, and Grimes need to be in the top 5

He "shut down" Dez with Brandon Weedon not able to hit the broadside of a barn. Dez got open all game but, didn't have Romo to throw the passes. Don't know about the other match ups.

# 28 jewelz1132 @ 07/30/15 09:03 PM
Sean Smith & Vontae Davis.... Jesus Miami smh

# 29 Teleo @ 07/31/15 12:27 AM
Only the Dolphins could have two ex players now in the top 5 in their respective positions!

# 30 TeamHawkins @ 07/31/15 01:16 AM
No Joe Haden? I can tell where this game is headed. Does EA ever rate these teams and players based off their real life counterparts or that Player's actual player ranking? Like NFL.com has a 2015 Top 100 list out. Hello, EA you can actually use this if you are promoting realism. Just to show how bad these lists are.... let's do some factoring based off real player rankings.

There are 11 guys on defense. You do Top 5 for each position, that's 55 players. Same for offense. You do a Top 5 for each position that leaves a total of 110 ranked players. That's 10 MORE than the actual Top 100 Player ranking list!

Now Mr. Joe Haden comes in ranked #23 in the NFL. Not #23rd cornerback. #23 ranked NFL Player for the 2015 season. Joe Thomas comes in at #25 overall. That's both offense and defense. The 3 DB's ahead of Haden are as follows:

#11 - Richard Sherman
#17 - Derrelle Revis
#19 - Patrick Peterson

So according to realism, Joe Haden is the 4th best NFL DB in the league. According to whatever EA is deciding to release, whoever they listed are. And this means the team ratings are going to be ridiculous also but now that we see they can't get players right, how can the overall teams be?

# 31 MoneyOvaHuds @ 07/31/15 02:17 AM
The NFL Top 100 also underrated Matt Forte last year and listed a kicker in the top 100 better than two other players .

NFL top 100 is a joke , just because Haden isn't rated as a top 5 on here doesn't mean he's not a very good corner . Haden had a down year

# 32 Sheba2011 @ 07/31/15 06:03 AM
By the end of the year the number 1 QB in the league will be... Malcolm Butler and the entire football world will be saying, "Belichick did it again!, Damn that man".

# 33 Find_the_Door @ 07/31/15 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman18
Harris Jr is hands down the best corner, bar none. Gave up ZERO touchdowns last season with a .57 yards per catch on passes his way.. In almost 600 snaps

www.techraptor.net
Not sure why his endorsers keep referencing "ZERO TD's" as if it's monumental? A quick trot over to Profootballfocus will show you that Orlando Scandrick also didn't give up any TD's last year along with a handful of other corners I'm sure.

I remember there was a stretch where Terrence Newman didn't surrender a touchdown for two whole seasons - wanna know why? Anthony Henry was such a dreadful corner opposite him that teams nearly always threw at him (he was the most targeted corner in the league).

Not everything is cut and dry with corners.

# 34 Find_the_Door @ 07/31/15 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtswag187
Dez when he had Weeden starting?... come on

# 35 Birdman18 @ 07/31/15 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Not sure why his endorsers keep referencing "ZERO TD's" as if it's monumental? A quick trot over to Profootballfocus will show you that Orlando Scandrick also didn't give up any TD's last year along with a handful of other corners I'm sure.

I remember there was a stretch where Terrence Newman didn't surrender a touchdown for two whole seasons - wanna know why? Anthony Henry was such a dreadful corner opposite him that teams nearly always threw at him (he was the most targeted corner in the league).

Not everything is cut and dry with corners.

I already did "my quick trot over to PFF" and guess what? Chris Harris Jr was rated by them as not only the best CB in the NFL but as the #4 BEST OVERALL PLAYER, behind JJ Watt, Aaron Rodgers and Justin Houston.

He had the highest grade at the end of 2014 of all CB's in the business.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ris-harris-jr/

www.techraptor.net

# 36 Find_the_Door @ 07/31/15 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHawkins
No Joe Haden? I can tell where this game is headed. Does EA ever rate these teams and players based off their real life counterparts or that Player's actual player ranking? Like NFL.com has a 2015 Top 100 list out. Hello, EA you can actually use this if you are promoting realism. Just to show how bad these lists are.... let's do some factoring based off real player rankings.

There are 11 guys on defense. You do Top 5 for each position, that's 55 players. Same for offense. You do a Top 5 for each position that leaves a total of 110 ranked players. That's 10 MORE than the actual Top 100 Player ranking list!

Now Mr. Joe Haden comes in ranked #23 in the NFL. Not #23rd cornerback. #23 ranked NFL Player for the 2015 season. Joe Thomas comes in at #25 overall. That's both offense and defense. The 3 DB's ahead of Haden are as follows:

#11 - Richard Sherman
#17 - Derrelle Revis
#19 - Patrick Peterson

So according to realism, Joe Haden is the 4th best NFL DB in the league. According to whatever EA is deciding to release, whoever they listed are. And this means the team ratings are going to be ridiculous also but now that we see they can't get players right, how can the overall teams be?
Realism? You think that an arbitrary list compiled by special teamers and the occasional starter is realism?.... no

Look at hard metrics and data - they'll both convey mediocre seasons by both Haden and PP.

# 37 DBMcGee3 @ 07/31/15 09:59 AM
Ol' Dick Sherm will be crying about this for sure.

# 38 Find_the_Door @ 07/31/15 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman18
I already did "my quick trot over to PFF" and guess what? Chris Harris Jr was rated by them as not only the best CB in the NFL but as the #4 BEST OVERALL PLAYER, behind JJ Watt, Aaron Rodgers and Justin Houston.

He had the highest grade at the end of 2014 of all CB's in the business.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ris-harris-jr/

www.techraptor.net
Against number 2's primarily....

This is why you don't see Dallas fans jumping up and down about Scandrick because we accept the fact that Brandon Carr is inferior, is guarding #1's, is likely targeted more.

Scandrick guards 2's thus I won't toot his horn. Easy for any corner to look good when you have an immaculate pass rush and an offense that scores so teams have to get one dimensional and throw.

Harris, Scandrick and Davis all gave up zero touchdowns last year with over 800 snaps. What's that say about Scandrick not being on this list? See how ridiculous that sounds?

# 39 DeuceDouglas @ 07/31/15 10:03 AM
I'll be interested to see what some of these corners have for tackle ratings. Sherman might be a 97 but he should be in the 30's or 40's when it comes to tackling.

# 40 Birdman18 @ 07/31/15 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Against number 2's primarily....

This is why you don't see Dallas fans jumping up and down about Scandrick because we accept the fact that Brandon Carr is inferior, is guarding #1's, is likely targeted more.

Scandrick guards 2's thus I won't toot his horn. Easy for any corner to look good when you have an immaculate pass rush and an offense that scores so teams have to get one dimensional and throw.

Harris, Scandrick and Davis all gave up zero touchdowns last year with over 800 snaps. What's that say about Scandrick not being on this list? See how ridiculous that sounds?

Apparently you didn't read the article nor see the grades of all the corners. Sherman played the #1 less than Harris. The Patriots had the #1 scoring offense. Neither one of those arguments, the ones you make against Harris, are used against Revis or Sherman.

If you have the PFF subscription, please look at the hard data. It's indisputable that Harris had the best year of any CB. Those are facts, numbers don't lie. To counter your claim that he played the slot too.. Don't most teams play their fastest, quickest WR's in the slot? Usually they do.. Look at the film. You'll see Harris dominate everyone he lined up against.. 1's, 2's, 3's and even the water boys

www.techraptor.net

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.