Home
PES 2016 News Post

IGN has posted some PES 2016 gameplay footage between Juventus F.C. and A.C. Milan. Andre Bronzoni and Gustavo Petro are speaking in Portuguese, so keep that in mind before hitting that play button.

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RoyceDa59 @ 08/04/15 04:24 PM
Looks good but I hope that "fall over and complain for a foul" animation doesn't occur too much.

# 2 bxphenom7 @ 08/04/15 05:27 PM
I'm hearing this is E3 code even though it's a new vid.

# 3 dmendenhall_9 @ 08/04/15 07:15 PM
yeah, pes sources confirmed this was e3 code. but plenty of more vids tomorrow and screw the vids. demo on august 13th!

# 4 bigeastbumrush @ 08/04/15 08:17 PM
Blatant foul at 13:38. Not called.

Making it very hard for a first time PES buyer.

# 5 dubcity @ 08/04/15 09:24 PM
Fouls haven't been implemented well since PES 2012, so I wouldn't expect them this year. Plus you gotta remember they are trying to compete with FUT arcade game-play/pace, to get those FIFA youtubers to upload PES videos. It sucks, but yeah.

# 6 RoyceDa59 @ 08/04/15 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Fouls haven't been implemented well since PES 2012, so I wouldn't expect them this year. Plus you gotta remember they are trying to compete with FUT arcade game-play/pace, to get those FIFA youtubers to upload PES videos. It sucks, but yeah.
PES 14 got the fouls right on the last patch but making the game being arcadey to appeal to FIFA youtubers...not sure about that one. Anyway, since this is the E3 build hopefully the Gamescom build is better with the fouls and keepers because everything else looks good IMO.

# 7 orion523 @ 08/04/15 11:06 PM
I get that the code is possibly older, but several things worried me. First off, the keepers were horrid, and considering PES' track record, it's a concern. Player movement remains very very stiff, nowhere near the fluidity of FIFA. Finally, and for me worst of all, the tackling seems way overpowered, either that or the game is too "tackle centric." It seemed like every single possession was ended due to a tackle, no pass int's, no errant passes, just tackle after tackle, after tackle. I'll reserve judgement until I have the demo on at least top player, but from this video, I'm concerned.

# 8 dubcity @ 08/04/15 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
PES 14 got the fouls right on the last patch but making the game being arcadey to appeal to FIFA youtubers...not sure about that one. Anyway, since this is the E3 build hopefully the Gamescom build is better with the fouls and keepers because everything else looks good IMO.

Well, there were plenty of fouls in 2014, but that would be an example of doing it wrong. That game was broken all over the place, so it's hard to talk about it in a positive light at all.

# 9 Matt10 @ 08/05/15 10:25 AM
Man, this still doesn't look good. There is too much space, so, so, so much space. Defenders still backing off in critical situations.

PES will always have the physics, but these videos have not been promising whatsoever.

# 10 KG @ 08/05/15 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I get that the code is possibly older, but several things worried me. First off, the keepers were horrid, and considering PES' track record, it's a concern. Player movement remains very very stiff, nowhere near the fluidity of FIFA. Finally, and for me worst of all, the tackling seems way overpowered, either that or the game is too "tackle centric." It seemed like every single possession was ended due to a tackle, no pass int's, no errant passes, just tackle after tackle, after tackle. I'll reserve judgement until I have the demo on at least top player, but from this video, I'm concerned.
I personally hate player movement/collisions in FIFA. Players are way too agile/twitchy, have no weight, and can perform stuff at high speeds that are physically impossible.

Yes, the freedom of movement is great but it comes at detriment to physics which people claim are outstanding in FIFA.

# 11 Matt10 @ 08/05/15 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I personally hate player movement/collisions in FIFA. Players are way too agile/twitchy, have no weight, and can perform stuff at high speeds that are physically impossible.

Yes, the freedom of movement is great but it comes at detriment to physics which people claim are outstanding in FIFA.
PES really just needs to get the spacing right. The fox engine is okay, but it's an eye sore to see how far apart players are without the ball. The defensive line dropping back to follow a runner is still there. I would lower the agility for both games actually, and we'd then have a game. I really am not sure why PES doesn't have gameplay sliders, @orion523 and I could do some serious damage

# 12 dubcity @ 08/05/15 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
. I really am not sure why PES doesn't have gameplay sliders, @orion523 and I could do some serious damage

I'm really not sure I'd want to open that endless can of worms, but I think the ship has sailed on that anyways. Online and MyClub are Konami's focus.

(metaphor overload)

# 13 KG @ 08/05/15 04:25 PM
Quote:
PES really just needs to get the spacing right. The fox engine is okay, but it's an eye sore to see how far apart players are without the ball. The defensive line dropping back to follow a runner is still there. I would lower the agility for both games actually, and we'd then have a game. I really am not sure why PES doesn't have gameplay sliders, @orion523 and I could do some serious damage
A lot of the spacing issues can be resolved by adjusting your fluid formation with/without the ball. I'm sure these guys didn't adjust their formations from the default, which are waaaay to wide open and pushed forward creating too much space. I always thought the issue in defending with PES 2015 was that your back 4 pushed up to high opening you up for through balls or over-the-top passes. Your fullbacks stamina would take a beating because they would be way up the pitch and cover a lot of ground.

IMO, what both games NEED is a dedicated tactics man on their team like 2K has with the Da Czar. Someone who 1)understands tactics and 2)how they impact the game (PES & FIFA). Sliders are great, I'll be for them as long as they work as intended (which isn't always the case) but to me there's no point in having licenses IF teams don't have their real life-personalities.

# 14 Matt10 @ 08/05/15 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
A lot of the spacing issues can be resolved by adjusting your fluid formation with/without the ball. I'm sure these guys didn't adjust their formations from the default, which are waaaay to wide open and pushed forward creating too much space. I always thought the issue in defending with PES 2015 was that your back 4 pushed up to high opening you up for through balls or over-the-top passes. Your fullbacks stamina would take a beating because they would be way up the pitch and cover a lot of ground.

IMO, what both games NEED is a dedicated tactics man on their team like 2K has with the Da Czar. Someone who 1)understands tactics and 2)how they impact the game (PES & FIFA). Sliders are great, I'll be for them as long as they work as intended (which isn't always the case) but to me there's no point in having licenses IF teams don't have their real life-personalities.
I really am not sure I can agree. We saw PES 15, it was tactics overdone. I really don't trust KONAMI's execution in this department. They took it to an extreme that the game was so stale.

Sliders may be a battle, but if I wanted to to get spacing in, I would just modify the line settings - and voila, we'd be in good shape.

Don't make the required fixes too complicated. They aren't, at all. They have over-complicated this game with all the feature pushing (i.e. FIFA from years' past) and need to stick to the fundamental positioning of the game. FIFA had the problem in 15 due to the ADD (Attention Deficit Defending), but it's not excuse for PES 16 to have the same issues.

# 15 RoyceDa59 @ 08/06/15 07:49 AM
Quote:
I really am not sure I can agree. We saw PES 15, it was tactics overdone. I really don't trust KONAMI's execution in this department. They took it to an extreme that the game was so stale.

Sliders may be a battle, but if I wanted to to get spacing in, I would just modify the line settings - and voila, we'd be in good shape.

Don't make the required fixes too complicated. They aren't, at all. They have over-complicated this game with all the feature pushing (i.e. FIFA from years' past) and need to stick to the fundamental positioning of the game. FIFA had the problem in 15 due to the ADD (Attention Deficit Defending), but it's not excuse for PES 16 to have the same issues.
I do think PES 15's tactics was overdone as there wasn't any in between for some of the formations. Using fluid formation and messing with the positioning of players you could sort of strike some balance as Klashman had posted some formations for some teams that worked well but it still wasn't enough at least for the less talented team.

This is one of things I am fearful about with PES as I felt there really wasn't enough variation between teams. I always felt this was a FIFA problem now it looks like it could potentially be a PES problem as well.

# 16 poster @ 08/06/15 09:13 AM
We'll see what the demo brings, but for me this game has been a disappointment since they starting using the Fox Engine in 2014.

I agree with Matt in that the game desperately needs sliders. Yes, getting caught in slider hell or fiddling with them can be annoying, but it can at least help in the event that there are basic game issues.

Watching the Gamescom videos, still seems like a lack of fouls once again. It looks like they have made it difficult to even create chances for fouls and the majority of contact ends up with nothing called.

Goalkeepers still awful. I've seen so many ridiculous parries that go right to the attacking player for an easy goal. I've seen it happen in real life, but there is something about the way this game is doing it that doesn't pass the eye test. Hard to articulate, some are calling it scripting, not sure what it is. Just looks awful.

Almost like they are trying to generate more goals being scored. Buffon diving with both arms out and not catching the ball, but instead parrying it back across the goal mouth. I'm sure it is physically possible, but a world class keeper sure have more awareness then that. Yes, everyone has howlers, but it seems all keepers are the same, and if so what are their ratings doing?

They also appear to make the keepers react slower then you would expect, and in turn there is no way he would stop the shot. Again, hard to articulate, but you can tell watching these videos when a goal is coming, then you look at the replay and see another top class keeper like Neuer reacting like an elderly man would.

To their credit, there are times keepers look great and react as you would expect. I know that every keeper is not great, and I've watched many keepers over the years have bad games. Overall, its a definitely sore spot gameplay wise that they just can't improve for whatever reason.

Another issue is how the teams play and player individuality. That also seems to have fallen and is not as strong as it used to be. Both games have this issue and I agree fully with those who said they should have teams working on these things throughout the season.

The game overall seems so generic, maybe it is a culture thing. Little things appear to be bare minimum, ugly score bug with that nasty pes logo, lack of stadia. These were issues with the early pes games and now many years later, the same issues exist. Just no excuse for the effort. As a customer, the reason doesn't matter, as you are what you are and it gives a bad look.

I'll await the demo. I would ultimately play on the PC, which is another knock on the game with their hybrid nonsense, so who knows if the demo even matters. Oh, Konami.

# 17 KG @ 08/06/15 10:04 AM
Quote:

I agree that the tactics can get a little overwhelming at times but the same holds true for FIFA (which implemented more detailed, and probably rarely used individual tactics for players). You couple that with sliders and the game can get overwhelming to some. I'll never argue against taking away options since folks can always just choose to ignore them.

Konami and FIFA need to get this stuff right out of the box but for gamers like us (me & u) we're willing to go that extra mile to make the game play better for us. That's why I was able to read/tinker with the tactics on PES 2015 to eliminate that space that drives you crazy.

Fluid Formation with a deep back line, a CDM in front of them, 4 MF's in front of them and a ST for an outlet/frontline pressure made my defense super compact and in-turn I gave up 20 fewer goals in YR2 of my ML and 25 less in YR3.

Fluid Formation (When in Possession/Attack) + Short Pass + Possession Game + Maintain Position (keeps your players from leaving their space while playing shorter safer passes) + Medium #'s in attack (doesn't over-commit too many players fwd, especially my CDM who rarely got close to the opponents box) +

Fluid Formation 4-1-4-1 (When NOT in Possession/Defense) + All out Defense (keeps your players behind the ball) + Middle Containment (forces the opposition out wide and makes your wingers tuck in) + Conservative Pressure (gives your opponent time on the ball but saves stamina/doesn't open up space by chasing) + Deep defensive line (help to curtail through balls) + high compactness, 8-10 (clogs the middle of the pitch) + Many for #'s in Defense (just add bodies to defense, mainly ST/wingers).

I know that's A LOT to ask of a casual player AND it doesn't always suit every situation (chasing a result) but it will cut down on open space just as long as you are disciplined as a player to not take your player out of his defensive zone.

The way the game is set up by default for WIDE OPEN contests because of the formations (far too attacking, players pushed too high up the pitch) and the tactics (too similar for teams/ lacking situational/on-the-fly options, and just flat at wrong at times).
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I do think PES 15's tactics was overdone as there wasn't any in between for some of the formations. Using fluid formation and messing with the positioning of players you could sort of strike some balance as Klashman had posted some formations for some teams that worked well but it still wasn't enough at least for the less talented team.

This is one of things I am fearful about with PES as I felt there really wasn't enough variation between teams. I always felt this was a FIFA problem now it looks like it could potentially be a PES problem as well.
Klash is one of the few people over at evo web that understands how the game works under the hood. You can tell because once the new game drops he immediately looks/posts about what tactical options have been added/removed. Much like 2K hired the Da Czar and Konami got Weedens to create their trailer they need to get someone like him on board.

I agree about the variations between teams but I think it's just down to laziness by Konami in setting up the tactics. Most of them are very similar to each other.

EDIT - I should have clarified Matt, I meant I had no issues with horizontal defensive spacing. Vertical defensive spacing as in my CBs being too wide was/is an issue that needs to be addressed by game coding/programming. You can place your CBs really close together on the formation but this has ramifications elsewhere.

# 18 dubcity @ 08/06/15 02:29 PM
Tactics need to be more accessible too. Should be able to increase attacking level on the fly, at the very least.

# 19 Money99 @ 08/06/15 03:44 PM
Video looked really good.
I'd be interested to see if the teams and especially the players have noticeable differences.

I was dead-set on PES, but this has me wondering if FIFA might be the way to go.

# 20 Matt10 @ 08/06/15 06:37 PM
I'm definitely not a fan of the Fox Engine. There is something that just doesn't seem right. It's similar to where they were going with PES 2008, the ball doesn't feel like a separate entity, and it's "clunky" feeling. We talk about feel, and it's far from the direction they had in PES 11-13. I think they should have continued to polish the previous engine honestly. On top of that, it has built more upon controlling the ball versus the actions and common sense plays OFF the ball. The key is common sense plays. There are just too many moving parts, it's chaos. Not to say FIFA isn't, but they've at least provided the understanding of how a defensive line should work in FIFA 16 - and the execution of translating the visual of anticipation by cutting off passes as a result of proper positioning.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.