Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has released Madden NFL 16 team ratings for the NFC North today, along with a few more player ratings.

Green Bay Packers (90 OVR)

Offense
  • Aaron Rodgers (99 OVR)
  • Jordy Nelson (93 OVR)
  • Randall Cobb (91 OVR)
  • Eddie Lacy (90 OVR)
  • Josh Sitton (97 OVR)
  • T. J. Lang (92 OVR)
Defense
  • Clay Matthews (90 OVR)
  • Julius Peppers (88 OVR)
  • Casey Heyward (85 OVR)
  • Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (81 OVR)
Detroit Lions (83 OVR)

Offense
  • Matthew Stafford (84 OVR)
  • Joique Bell (80 OVR)
  • Calvin Johnson (95 OVR)
  • Golden Tate (88 OVR)
Defense
  • Haloti Ngata (92 OVR)
  • DeAndre Levy (93 OVR)
  • Glover Quin (90 OVR)
  • Stephen Tulloch (87 OVR)
  • Ezekiel Ansah (88 OVR)
Minnesota Vikings (77 OVR)

Offense
  • Adrian Peterson (95 OVR)
  • Mike Wallace (86 OVR)
  • Cordarrelle Patterson (73 OVR/90 SPD)
  • Teddy Bridgewater (82 OVR)
Defense
  • Harrison Smith (93 OVR)
  • Xavier Rhodes (86 OVR)
  • Robert Blanton (86 OVR)
  • Everson Griffen (89 OVR)
  • Sharrif Floyd (87 OVR)
Chicago Bears (75 OVR)

Offense
  • Jay Cutler (79 OVR)
  • Martellus Bennett (90 OVR)
  • Alshon Jeffery (90 OVR)
  • Kevin White (78 OVR)
  • Matt Forte (90 OVR)
Defense
  • Pernell McPhee (87 OVR)
  • Jared Allen (79 OVR)
  • Kyle Fuller (78 OVR)
  • Jon Bostic (75 OVR)
Previously released Madden NFL 16 player ratings:

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Candyman5 @ 08/11/15 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysworld26
You stated Lacy didn't deserve his rating thats my point. I never said peterson wasn't better. Peterson is the closest thing since Barry Sanders, but Lacy has alot of time to rack in stats at Age 25.
I am re-reading my posts and I don't see me saying that Lacy didn't deserve the rating anywhere.

# 62 jhigginsluckow @ 08/11/15 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
The Lions Weren't a fluke last year. Top 5 defense all season long. Beat the Packers once. Losing Suh won't hurt the Lions as much as everyone thinks. The offense will be improved. If any team could possibly unseat the Packers in the north (not likely) It is the Lions, not the Vikings.....
lol okay. You're right, losing your best player on defense and one of the five best defensive players in the game isn't going to hurt "as much as everyone thinks". How much does "everyone" think it's going to hurt? It will drop them out of the top 5, that's for sure. No Suh or Fairley or even Mosley. Detroit grossly outperformed compared to their talent level. Come back when they go 8-8 this year, okay?

# 63 jhigginsluckow @ 08/11/15 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I would take the Packers interior OL over anyone's. Sutton is the best OG in football in my opinion, Lang and Linsley are both top 5. Really the only thing that separates the Cowboys' unit from ours is Tyron Smith. But Bakhtiari and Bulaga are no slouches either.
Homer alert. Lang and Linsely are both good, but they are not top 5 at their position. Come on man lol.

Mack, Mangold, Pouncey, Pouncey, Frederick, and Kalil are all ahead of Linsley. Hudson and Sullivan are as good, too.

Do I seriously need to list out guards that are clearly better than Lang?

Bulaga is a good tackle, nothing spectacular. Bakhtiari is average at absolute best.

Green Bay has one elite guard, 3 good other lineman, and one average one (at the most important position, nonetheless). I don't see how that equates to having a top three line.

# 64 roadman @ 08/11/15 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigginsluckow
Homer alert. Lang and Linsely are both good, but they are not top 5 at their position. Come on man lol.

Mack, Mangold, Pouncey, Pouncey, Frederick, and Kalil are all ahead of Linsley. Hudson and Sullivan are as good, too.

Bulaga is a good tackle, nothing spectacular. Bakhtiari is average at absolute best.

Green Bay has one elite guard, 3 good other lineman, and one average one (at the most important position, nonetheless). I don't see how that equates to having a top three line.
Maybe you would settle for #4 ranking by PFF?

Sounds like you are under estimating Lang's ranking in the run game.

And both tackles are very good in pass blocking.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ne-rankings/4/

# 65 DerkontheOS @ 08/11/15 02:11 PM
Quote:

Per PFF:

"With an excellent rookie campaign in the books, it will be on Linsley to avoid a sophomore slump in 2015. He was helped by some tremendous guard play last year (T.J. Lang and Josh Sitton were ranked third and fourth, respectively, in our guard grading), and if either regresses it will be interesting to see if it affects Linsley’s play.

Considering the Packers’ history with late round picks on the offensive line, I certainly wouldn’t bet on it. Right tackle Bryan Bulaga is the only starter drafted before the fourth round, and Green Bay will return all five players again this year after coming in at No. 4 in our offensive line rankings in 2014. Continuity is king in the realm of offensive lines, and Linsley will be the centerpiece of the unit for the foreseeable future."

"By the time Tretter had been cleared to play, Linsley had rocketed up to fourth in our center grades and had the starting job so firmly in his grasp that he probably could have been flagged for holding. In the 11 games following that brutal three game start, Linsley posted just one negative grade (-0.6 against Philadelphia) which was countered by seven grades in the green. By the end of the season he had dropped just one spot, but a strong divisional round outing against Dallas saw him reclaim the fourth spot when the dust had settled."

...A little research goes a long way.

# 66 jhigginsluckow @ 08/11/15 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Maybe you would settle for #4 ranking by PFF?

Sounds like you are under estimating Lang's ranking in the run game.

And both tackles are very good in pass blocking.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ne-rankings/4/
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Per PFF:

"With an excellent rookie campaign in the books, it will be on Linsley to avoid a sophomore slump in 2015. He was helped by some tremendous guard play last year (T.J. Lang and Josh Sitton were ranked third and fourth, respectively, in our guard grading), and if either regresses it will be interesting to see if it affects Linsley’s play.

Considering the Packers’ history with late round picks on the offensive line, I certainly wouldn’t bet on it. Right tackle Bryan Bulaga is the only starter drafted before the fourth round, and Green Bay will return all five players again this year after coming in at No. 4 in our offensive line rankings in 2014. Continuity is king in the realm of offensive lines, and Linsley will be the centerpiece of the unit for the foreseeable future."

"By the time Tretter had been cleared to play, Linsley had rocketed up to fourth in our center grades and had the starting job so firmly in his grasp that he probably could have been flagged for holding. In the 11 games following that brutal three game start, Linsley posted just one negative grade (-0.6 against Philadelphia) which was countered by seven grades in the green. By the end of the season he had dropped just one spot, but a strong divisional round outing against Dallas saw him reclaim the fourth spot when the dust had settled."

...A little research goes a long way.
Fair enough. At first thought, it didn't seem like Green Bay would be in the top three. After going team by team though, I can't say there are three teams I'd definitively put ahead of them. I'll concede on the overall ranking; I'm wrong. I would, however, still take quite a few of the centers I mentioned above as well as a handful of guards over Linsley and Lang, respectively. Individual offensive linemen rankings are very volatile. I'll take guys who are consistently good/great like Mack, Pouncey, Frederick, etc over guys who haven't been good quite as long. Granted, that's of no fault to Linsley as he's only played one year.

# 67 roadman @ 08/11/15 02:42 PM
Quote:
Fair enough. At first thought, it didn't seem like Green Bay would be in the top three. After going team by team though, I can't say there are three teams I'd definitively put ahead of them. I'll concede on the overall ranking; I'm wrong. I would, however, still take quite a few of the centers I mentioned above as well as a handful of guards over Linsley and Lang, respectively. Individual offensive linemen rankings are very volatile. I'll take guys who are consistently good/great like Mack, Pouncey, Frederick, etc over guys who haven't been good quite as long. Granted, that's of no fault to Linsley as he's only played one year.
Yeah, I would agree with you on the centers out there, but the guards are tough to beat. PFF has Lang ranked #3 and Sitton #4.

So, anything beyond that is subjective and personal opinions.

# 68 Kodii Rockets @ 08/11/15 03:03 PM
Ugh, whole damn thread is mired in cheese. See you guys in 2018 or so when these stinkin' Bears are competitive again and ARodg starts to decline.

Crazy that you guys think that the QB lottery you hit isn't solely responsible for these bum's success.

The Don Majkowski days will return, just you wait.

Bleh...

# 69 roadman @ 08/11/15 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
Ugh, whole damn thread is mired in cheese. See you guys in 2018 or so when these stinkin' Bears are competitive again and ARodg starts to decline.

Crazy that you guys think that the QB lottery you hit isn't solely responsible for these bum's success.

Bleh...
That already happened, though. We had 24 years of mediocrity between Super 2 and the Favre days.

That was da Bears turn to shine and they have 1 SB out of those 24 yrs.

# 70 Kodii Rockets @ 08/11/15 03:17 PM
I don't need you reminding me roadman, I still sing the Superbowl shuffle as I weep quietly.

Mark my words young whippersnapper, Aaron Rodgers will decline within the next 30-40 years, Ted Thompson will stop being an effing genius regarding draft picks.

These days will retuuuuuuurrrrrn!!!! *shakes fist in the air*

# 71 roadman @ 08/11/15 03:19 PM
Eh, I was living in Shytown during the Super Bowl Shuffle, but that is another story.....

Actually, we respect Majik because if he didn't get injured, Favre wouldn't have entered his first game.

Just having a friendly banter

# 72 ggsimmonds @ 08/11/15 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I would take the Packers interior OL over anyone's. Sutton is the best OG in football in my opinion, Lang and Linsley are both top 5. Really the only thing that separates the Cowboys' unit from ours is Tyron Smith. But Bakhtiari and Bulaga are no slouches either.
Marshall Yanda.

You Packer fans keep saying Sutton is better and Yanda may come in here and run over 3 of you at the same time.

# 73 roadman @ 08/11/15 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Marshall Yanda.

You Packer fans keep saying Sutton is better and Yanda may come in here and run over 3 of you at the same time.
First of all, need to get the players name correct, for those outside Packerland. lol

It's all-pro guard Josh Sitton.

I don't know where Yanda lands, but Lang and Sitton are #3 and 4.

# 74 ggsimmonds @ 08/11/15 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
First of all, need to get the players name correct, for those outside Packerland. lol

It's all-pro guard Josh Sitton.

I don't know where Yanda lands, but Lang and Sitton are #3 and 4.
Hey I used the name the Packer fan provided.

But from the PFF link you (or another Packer fan) supplied:
Stud: What a year from Marshal Yanda. Our top-ranked lineman at any spot, his season was truly one for the ages as his +43.4 grade would suggest.
For the record they listed our line at 3rd which I am not sure I agree with.

# 75 Jaysworld26 @ 08/11/15 10:07 PM
Quote:

Linsley played a 1000 plus snaps as a rookie at center and didnt allow a sack...are you kidding me bro? Lol hes awesome.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

# 76 Jaysworld26 @ 08/11/15 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets

Bleh...
Even as favre got older he still rocked the bears and i bet rodgers will do the same lol.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.