Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Here is the first of several Madden NFL 16 gameplay videos we are posting today. This first series is from an online game between our own Steve Noah and Chase Becotte, featuring the Cowboys and Eagles. The highlights of what to look for are below, and if you can't see the video above -- click here to see it.

1st Quarter Highlights

Both teams try to get a running game going but neither can. And both the Eagles and Cowboys stall out inside the 30 on their opening drives.

:37 -- Steve schools me on a spin move on the opening kickoff.

1:57 -- Witten drag route works out for big gain

3:02 -- Randle screen pass for 10 yards

4:52 -- Jenkins sits back in zone over the middle and swats pass away

6:03 -- Celek catches corner route for 36 yards

8:00 -- Bradford checks down on third and long

8:24 -- Field goal for Eagles (3-0)

9:28 -- Beasley goes up and makes nice catch for first down

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ChaseB @ 08/23/15 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
One inaccuracy is, Eagles fans don't use "terrible towels" at the Linc. I might have seen this during a deep playoff run (2002 NFC title game ) but it's not something they typically do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Actually, the realistic spin move has been implemented into the game, but on the flip side, they didn't remove the spin you're talking about. The spin you're referring to is definitely overpowered. If you want to see the realistic spin move, its the "modifier" spin. Hold the modifier button (left trigger on xbox 1) and it triggers the "simulation" spin move, not the arcade spin move lmao. It looks and feels great.

I personally don't use the overpowered/arcade spin for the same reasons you stated. Problem is, the CPU loves it and will not use the modifier spin to keep things looking realistic.
Yeah I think all the fans at the stadiums are about the same, no matter where you go. It seems the team has tried to make the audio of certain stadiums unique, and maybe some fans are unique in GB with the cheeseheads etc. but overall they aren't at that level yet where the fans at each are truly unique.

And yeah I really like the modifier spin as well. I use the stick, so I do it via LT + spinning the stick. I did a really nice one with Jeremy Hill last night to bust a TD to the outside, that video series may end up on the site as well before Tuesday.

# 22 Tomski @ 08/23/15 12:38 PM
Granted I don't see too many Eagles games on TV, but why is the predominant color of the shirts in the crowd white? My guess is that you'd see a lot more green, unless the Eagles were wearing white. It is so white it is distracting.

# 23 iLLWiLL @ 08/23/15 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomski
Granted I don't see too many Eagles games on TV, but why is the predominant color of the shirts in the crowd white? My guess is that you'd see a lot more green, unless the Eagles were wearing white. It is so white it is distracting.
I believe in old Maddens the crowd wore more green in the cold weather months. More white in the late summer. Not sure if that is the case here though.

# 24 Tomski @ 08/23/15 04:17 PM
Thanks iLLWILL.
I've don't recall ever seeing so much white in a Madden crowd before, though I must confess I don't really pay too much attention to the fans. But there was so much white, I thought it was a planned "white out" by the fans. Which would have made more sense if the Eagles were wearing white.

# 25 JOS1181 @ 08/23/15 05:35 PM
The announcing is just bad.. As is the script. They couldnt say the TE names in the intro? I know the Cowboys have Witten and he is good but who is the TE for the Eagles? What if one or both of those are injured would that script still play?

If you are going to zoom in on players after plays and during playcalls then get rid of the busy playcall screen otherwise it is pointless since we cant see the players zoomed in on. I would suggest using a picture in picture format.

I also would like to see a more smooth transition to the play after it is selected. Instead of quickly jerking into place have the camera continue to pan and zoom to whatever setting the user selected until it is in position. The pan / zoom can happen more quickly during hurry up calls. If the playcall screen is changed to PnP ( see above ) the screen could just expand into full screen after the play is selected.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.