Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA players are currently posting their NBA 2K16 player ratings, along with in-game screenshots of themselves in action. Below are the players that have either posted on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram today. We will update this post as more arrive today.

Click the name(s) below, to see the screenshot.
Previously confirmed player ratings:

NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 VDusen04 @ 08/22/15 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu

2K15 vs IRL vs 2K16

Finally, point guards will actually have muscles this year. This looks reaallly good.
I really dig these side-by-side-by-side comparisons. Possible to crank out a couple more?

# 62 The 24th Letter @ 08/22/15 07:37 PM
hilarious man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 63 Goffs @ 08/22/15 07:39 PM
Just like that the thread is now about wisports and his complaints. I expect 10 pages of banter that goes absolutely no where.

# 64 BluFu @ 08/22/15 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I really dig these side-by-side-by-side comparisons. Possible to crank out a couple more?
I do it all on Paint but yeah sure

# 65 countryboy @ 08/22/15 07:45 PM
Man this game looks good. Cannot wait to see it in motion.

# 66 23 @ 08/22/15 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
It's ok if a thread if full of 100% praise tho, right? Because you share that same opinion.

And I just post my opinion. Most of the posts are people replying to my opinion, or trolling with silly gifs or whining about my opinion. I think the people who think these pics are perfect are crazy. Do I quote them all and laugh at them? Nope.
The problem is YOU complain about EVERYTHING man. It's not just here, I've watched you complain all through the 2k15 cycle, and you haven't stopped yet.

You should be making energizer commercials not wasting your real talent up in here.

My guess is, people want to see better in game pictures of players than what you're getting here. There are basketball games back to ColecoVision so you have plenty to choose from.

# 67 jackzagal @ 08/22/15 07:49 PM

# 68 GSW @ 08/22/15 07:56 PM
Quote:
I could at least be an advisor. They'd still do the technical work.

Here's how it would go.

Me looking at 2K player model: "Hey guys, Whiteside isn't nearly that wide. Look at this pic I have here for reference". Or, "Hey, fellas. Why does AD's elbow look like a knee? Here's a quick pic of what an actual elbow looks like".

And so on...

Like I said, they lack attention to detail, big time. The Pistons jersey is just another example. Stop making excuses for them.
I agreed with you, but I'm making exucses? Ok man, enjoy your evening.

# 69 thesniper321 @ 08/22/15 07:57 PM
Is this supposed to be impressive?
My god 2k14 looks better than this... I guess long skinny arms are back

# 70 Taer @ 08/22/15 08:01 PM
Quote:
... And like I said, I post my opinion. Some guys can discuss/disagree with me in a constructive fashion. Most others cannot for some reason.
Constructive criticism: The bodies seem to be "stocky" in their barrels and waist areas.

My question to add to your initial criticism: Is this due to the jersies, scans or something I have not thought of?

Your ignorant criticism: the complaint that the art department must not care.

My question to add to the discussion: You know this, how?

@Goffs is right, the criticism is turning from constructive to something else. Let's refocus it or move it to another thread.

# 71 JazzMan @ 08/22/15 08:03 PM
Only issue I have is Gobert's 79 rating...

We'll see that rise by the end of the year lol

# 72 videlsports @ 08/22/15 08:04 PM
The tears or just flowing down my face at such beauty 😊 2k does it again

# 73 Jumpman14 @ 08/22/15 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesniper321
Is this supposed to be impressive?
My god 2k14 looks better than this... I guess long skinny arms are back
So none of the screenshots looked impressive to you?

# 74 23 @ 08/22/15 08:06 PM
Quote:
And I'll also give praise. I don't see the issue.

You've complained a lot about crowd lighting, which I don't care about. You complain about the shorts. The legs being too fat. Etc. Heck, you complain about the size of the knots in the net!! That's worse than anything I've ever complain about. Lol.

What about the people who love and praise EVERYTHING. Do you or others have issue with that? And why not?

And like I said, I post my opinion. If something looks off, I'll say it. It's the people who reply to my posts with snarky comments, etc which clutter these threads up. They're the real problem, not me. Some guys can discuss/disagree with me in a constructive fashion. Most others cannot for some reason.
I don't over praise or over like everything but im sorry

You're just complaining again as usual and you've earned the reputation at this point.

# 75 Sundown @ 08/22/15 08:23 PM
Quote:
I could at least be an advisor. They'd still do the technical work.

Here's how it would go.

Me looking at 2K player model: "Hey guys, Whiteside isn't nearly that wide. Look at this pic I have here for reference". Or, "Hey, fellas. Why does AD's elbow look like a knee? Here's a quick pic of what an actual elbow looks like".

And so on...

Like I said, they lack attention to detail, big time. The Pistons jersey is just another example. Stop making excuses for them.
Heh. There's no job in the industry that's just complaining about others' work. They can get that for free on the internet. Heck they're getting your services right now.

And as someone who works with artists and is fortunate to be able to offer artistic critique, there's only so much you can do if you can't provide assistance on some of the technical work yourself, or instruct them as precisely as possible on how to achieve it technically. Saying "the chest is too big" is way less helpful than knowing how the rig and skinning setup works, how these bones are scaled uniquely across players, whether an adjustment to the base setup would work and whether that will throw off measurements for players that are already correct, or whether a pass has to be made for all 400+ players, and whether the time budget allows for that given all the other things that need fixes (though I think it's well worth it).

Saying "this is what an elbow looks like" is way less helpful than knowing arm anatomy and elbow bone structure, why the skinning is deforming the way it is, whether the mesh topology can be adjusted without major impact to the art pipeline, whether it looks as if the bone is just not being expressed when the mesh deforms or whether the problem is in the muscle morph targets. The reality is probably even more complicated than this.

Someone who just points out flaws for free isn't an employee. They're customers. Critique that isn't precise, instructive, and technically well-versed isn't constructive. It's just normal feedback, and sometimes noise.

However, there is a fair amount of detail that's missed for a game whose' focus is authenticity, like the sizing of fonts and design elements on uniforms, or the appearance of colors. The art direction needs to be more stringent on that.

# 76 23 @ 08/22/15 08:29 PM
I think anyone interested in art can say in the future id like to see if they can improve this or that.

The tone of the thread today was cool even with those that weren't happy with everything.

Its just when you come in talking about its fat, and its gonna make your hair turn colors, and there are no excuses, and call me up because I know better that it begins to go beyond the norm of just I dont like it.

And not just here other threads as well. All of the anger is unwarranted.

# 77 Sundown @ 08/22/15 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackzagal

The contrast in this latest shot of Thomas seems a bit too high. It's starting to look a tiny bit plasticky like the other game. i know some people think this looks better because it's more eye catching, but as you can see in the side by side photo, the darks are too pronounced and the ambient and global illumination seems too low in shadowed areas. You can see the difference compared to a real arena lighting environment in the armpits and under the chin.

I quite like how 2K had set up their ambient and global illumination. It gives the players a lifelike presence. I hope they were able to turn up the specular highlights without depressing the ambient brightness artificially. That old school oily look is starting to come back, though the balance seems to be improved in the other shots.

# 78 TheRealMrRager_ @ 08/22/15 08:46 PM
Whiteside is better than Gobert lol.

# 79 JBulls @ 08/22/15 08:52 PM
Quote:

Gray uniform vs white uniform
The jersey looks gray because of the lighting system which is being/has been addressed according to a post by SimBaller in the Kevin Durant screenshot thread. Check out the KD screen if you haven't already and you'll see the difference in the lighting and therefore jersey compared to the Drummond screen.

The real life pic that you used seems to be flash photography though, which always makes things look way brighter than they are.

# 80 swac07 @ 08/22/15 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
The jersey looks gray because of the lighting system which is being/has been addressed according to a post by SimBaller in the Kevin Durant screenshot thread. Check out the KD screen if you haven't already and you'll see the difference in the lighting and therefore jersey compared to the Drummond screen.

The real life pic that you used seems to be flash photography though, which always makes things look way brighter than they are.
I was looking at that as well ....I agree, the KD jersey that was posted yesterday is "white" so that drummond screen might've been from an earlier lighting build

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.