Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just revealed the first extended NBA 2K16 gameplay trailer, titled "WINNING".

Cover athletes Stephen Curry, James Harden, and Anthony Davis star in the trailer, along with a plethora of the NBA’s top talent. Check it out and post your thoughts!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 441 Hopsin @ 08/26/15 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Lol I wish they made you scan your body, face, and height and made you play as yourself online. All the lil chubby kids that make 7'3 point guards would be lost when they're 5'2 self's are getting pinned by me haha.
That would actually suck tbh. It's still a game I myself am only 5'8, so this isn't very appealing for mycareer or even park. They Just need to add height and skill caps.

# 442 lakers24 @ 08/26/15 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
The 2K release cycle on Operation Sports.
-News starts to leak
-Feature list & soundtrack releases
-People complain "That's cool and all but I want to see gameplay!"
-Sizzle trailer comes out and blows people away. Those same people are all like "Preordered!"
-Game comes out and people nitpick that the game doesn't play the way THEY like
-Rinse & repeat

Lol Did I miss anything?
Missed a few

-News starts to leak
-Complain about no news
-Screens or teasers are released
-People nitpick it to death stating it looks just like last year or last gen and complain of no gameplay
-Sizzle trailer comes out and blows people away. Those same people are all like "Preordered!"
-After initial shock, people nitpick it to death, revive, and do it again
-Complain that trailer had no defense and is not actual 5v5 gameplay
-Gameplay comes out
-Complain it looks like a roster update
-Game comes out and people love it initially for a day or 3
-Then they go on to say it's the worst basketball game they've played for the next 8 months
-Rinse & repeat

# 443 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/26/15 04:09 PM
Idk if shots are being taken at me saying I would like to see a little defense or not but I just thought after the offense being dominant after patch 4 we would see a few blocks from Deandre or AD , maybe a steal here or there even a few defensive shuffles what not. I mean 2k15 trailer showcased missed dunks , and failed charge attempts then why not ? I said it was a great trailer and I understand it was for the casuals . Just saying some additions I would've like to have seen. Oh well I know just to keep my opinions to myself next time . Again Great trailer .

# 444 lakers24 @ 08/26/15 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
What if you're non athletic and is carrying extra weight where none of the pre-made player model fits? Do they have such player types in the game? Options. Options. More options.

I immediately had the feeling that you were going to quote me and respond after I made that post.

As prefaced in my post, I specifically pointed out that I knew part of the reason why Tyreke looks beastly and tall had a lot to do with the camera angle. But to be more correct, Davis isn't entirely bent over, he's simply tilted to the side a little. Didn't know who Alexis Ajinca was, so I did a google search.

Even with Tyreke (6'6") closer to the camera and Davis (6'10") a few steps back and a side tilt, such a massive (4") discrepancy seems suspect. The only real way to determine if height is properly depicted by 2k is firing up NBA2k16 when the time comes. Pictures can be deceptive.

Lower legs (knee, shin, calf area) are certainly easier to replicate than one's torso and arms, but that doesn't mean 2k ensured the actual leg length was true to the player himself. If 2k doesn't actually take into account the distance from waist to ankles (or bottom of foot) OR waist to shoulders, it could very well throw off how a player looks.

Not having an all inclusive body scan could spell possible trouble. Not everyone's waist start at the same location. Some people have short legs, others have long or short torso. Not fully body scanning players could honestly result in players looking just a little off.
They can't even scan faces with these cameras and you think they can do bodies? Lol. That's why I said they'd have to use in the game body types otherwise we may be talking completely horrid looking players.

As far as me responding to you previously, we were already in a discussion so of course I replied. Also like I stated, I understand what you're saying, but 2k already has a system in place to adjust where a players waist is on their bodies effectively shortening their torso. All they need is a slider to increase lower leg length to get what you're looking for tbh.

That picture is all an optical illusion because of the angle, we all know that accurate height differentials are in the game and have been for years so discussing this doesn't even make sense. If you have a 6'6 guy he's clearly shorter than a 6'10 guy.
Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Idk if shots are being taken at me saying I would like to see a little defense or not but I just thought after the offense being dominant after patch 4 we would see a few blocks from Deandre or AD , maybe a steal here or there even a few defensive shuffles what not. I mean 2k15 trailer showcased missed dunks , and failed charge attempts then why not ? I said it was a great trailer and I understand it was for the casuals . Just saying some additions I would've like to have seen. Oh well I know just to keep my opinions to myself next time . Again Great trailer .
No shots at you. You aren't the only person to say this over the years. I remember seeing posts about defense going all the way back to NBA 2k10 trailers.

# 445 TalenT @ 08/26/15 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Missed a few

-News starts to leak
-Complain about no news
-Screens or teasers are released
-People nitpick it to death stating it looks just like last year or last gen and complain of no gameplay
-After initial shock, people nitpick it to death, revive, and do it again
-Complain that trailer had no defense and is not actual 5v5 gameplay
-Gameplay comes out
-Complain it looks like a roster update
-Game comes out and people love it initially for a day or 3
-Then they go on to say it's the worst basketball game they've played for the next 8 months
-Rinse & repeat
I knew you guys would'nt let me down! Lol How could I forget the "no defense" in a sizzle trailer one? Shame on me bro.

# 446 dejan.minovski @ 08/26/15 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1baller
DOPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
To care...

Послато са HTC Desire 310 уз помоћ Тапатока

# 447 Lebronfan4life @ 08/27/15 01:14 PM
LeBron is too unstoppable 👿

# 448 ekferio @ 08/27/15 08:43 PM
they can never get dirk nowitzki and melo faces correct

# 449 MarkWilliam @ 08/27/15 09:14 PM
Quote:

I think this is fair and valid. Not a complaint as such but defense can be pretty aswell! 2K14 had Lebron block a KD attempt off the glass. And a Lebron intercept and slam in the original NG trailer.

Defense is pretty and appeals (or at least SHOULD) to casuals aswell.

Doesn't annoy me that there wasn't any in the trailer but I can see why people want some in there.....

# 450 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/28/15 09:18 AM
Wonder what else they have to reveal ? So far I know

-4 ? more classic teams
-Myplayer background /story (College HS /involvement )
-then Game play improvements ?

# 451 Jrocc23 @ 08/28/15 04:33 PM
Quote:
Wonder what else they have to reveal ? So far I know

-4 ? more classic teams
-Myplayer background /story (College HS /involvement )
-then Game play improvements ?

Presentation.

# 452 awbb @ 08/29/15 01:58 AM
Hoping to see some high school gameplay confirmation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

# 453 Trackball @ 08/29/15 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Presentation.
Like, who's replacing Steve Kerr? I'm surprised they haven't said yet.

# 454 Jrocc23 @ 08/29/15 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Like, who's replacing Steve Kerr? I'm surprised they haven't said yet.

Must be something special going on.

# 455 champ1997 @ 08/31/15 10:20 PM
I really want to see what this college and high school thing is about

# 456 LeBronistheKing @ 08/31/15 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ1997
I really want to see what this college and high school thing is about
This, the expanded classic teams and the pro am has combined to make this one of the most anticipated games in the series for me. I am so intrigued at the idea of possibly playing in high school and actual college teams. These possible additions could be huge.

# 457 23 @ 09/01/15 03:40 AM
They said something coming this week on the stream last Tuesday plus a hands on in Vegas this week for fans

# 458 Trackball @ 09/01/15 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
They said something coming this week on the stream last Tuesday plus a hands on in Vegas this week for fans
I hope they (or you guys) put it on YouTube as well. Twitch is rather finicky with me.

Still, good to know it's this week.

# 459 MarkWilliam @ 09/01/15 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k gamer all day
23 days and no gameplay yet .. That's crazy

Do we get still news for that game ?

Must be some serious "polishing" going on haha...... should really start to flow from here I'd think though.....looking forward to it....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.