Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

We have just posted a ton of NBA 2K16 screenshots from the Winning trailer, released earlier this morning.

NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 rejaa17 @ 08/24/15 11:31 AM
But that arena lighting tho :/ everything is else is good, if not great.

# 2 Junior Moe @ 08/24/15 11:45 AM
The home Clippers jersey isn't so bad. I kinda like it...That away, though? Uggghhh

# 3 Junior Moe @ 08/24/15 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rejaa17
But that arena lighting tho :/ everything is else is good, if not great.
Yeah, we're gonna have to deal with it this year. But they added so much I can't be upset, honestly. The players do look better lit though. This game is shaping up to be something special man.

# 4 tsbmolina @ 08/24/15 11:54 AM
Lighting looks great to me particularity in the Bulls arena.

# 5 AgentZer0 @ 08/24/15 12:28 PM
Melo looks terrible, another thing is the body types, I'd like to see how David West compares to some smaller guys. Paul George looks bulked, still no veins or defined muscles, not really that impressed tbh. This flex pose looks genetically wrong to me for ex. http://media.operationsports.com/shots/1440428937-media.jpg. Or Iggy http://www.operationsports.com/media/1293/nba-2k16/screenshot-35093 compared to rl http://blogs.mercurynews.com/thompson/files/2015/05/andre-iguodala-lebron-james-getty-ftr-052815_1khpc04p9ej9q1jtf8939jn92m.jpg ..

# 6 HowDareI @ 08/24/15 12:30 PM
Spoiler

The main thing to me is everything has like a "cool" effect on it in the game.

Like they're using house lights with that slightly yellow tint to light the arena, and not bright white ones like spotlights or whatever.

And the floor needs a lot more reflections like it used to have but maybe it's just too much for the consoles to handle, or 2K to handle...who knows.

Overall the emotions and scans are so much better, just wish the lighting reflected the real life game....(lol). Not a complaint tho, it's only really noticeable to me in screenshots when I'm actually playing I couldn't care less.

# 7 cthurt @ 08/24/15 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Yeah, we're gonna have to deal with it this year. But they added so much I can't be upset, honestly. The players do look better lit though. This game is shaping up to be something special man.

Simballer said that lighting has been touched up a lot over the last 2 weeks, and this trailer doesn't show the same lighting that the Durant pic showed so its safe to say this is an old build.

# 8 lakers24 @ 08/24/15 01:18 PM
You can tell a lot of it is from older builds, but it all look good. The little details they have is always crazy to me.

# 9 lakers24 @ 08/24/15 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Not sure if you mean in game or in general. But in game, the logo/numbers spacing is so off.

Bucks font is too big as well.

Hopefully these things are tweaked before release, or in the first patch.

They also need to get Jabari and MCW's nappy hair in the game. They've had it long all summer. In these shots it looks like they're using 2K15's models.
Again, most of the clips are from older builds (the lighting is old and non of the rookies are in) so I'm hoping MCW got in for a scan this summer. The Clipps road jerseys appear fine, just appears stretched from the PP34 animation.

Btw I thought you'd be happy to know Giannis looks like he's been updated

# 10 Rasco11 @ 08/24/15 02:16 PM
Wonder if the Fanduel sponsorship translates to the game in any way?

# 11 DBMcGee3 @ 08/24/15 02:17 PM
The body types do not appear to be implemented well from what I've seen. Draymond looks like he's 350 lbs, Chris Paul appears to have John Cena shoulders, and Anthony Davis looked off to me as well, although he's a very unique body type so maybe that one gets a pass.

I'm always interested in 2k, but this year I'm really hoping that Live comes through. Just looking at these screens gives me that "been there, done that" feeling, I can't help it.

# 12 Junior Moe @ 08/24/15 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Simballer said that lighting has been touched up a lot over the last 2 weeks, and this trailer doesn't show the same lighting that the Durant pic showed so its safe to say this is an old build.
Really? Sweet! I wasn't aware. It's welcome news. At this point, anything extra is just icing on the cake.

# 13 Junior Moe @ 08/24/15 02:28 PM
Quote:
Not sure if you mean in game or in general. But in game, the logo/numbers spacing is so off.

I see what you mean, hopefully it can be fixed. Doesn't matter to me though as I just do not like that away jersey. I will be switching to one of their retro/alternates whenever I play the Clips in MyLeague.

# 14 lakers24 @ 08/24/15 03:50 PM
Quote:
From this screenshot (even when I blew it up), I guess I don't know what you mean by "updated".

It's hard to tell if he has his new fade (where it's higher on top). And his legs look too thick. Giannis has twigs for legs. His legs actually looked skinnier in 2k15...just judging by this pic. He should have loooong, skinny legs. Again, I think with them going with such long shorts it takes away from the lanky look as well.
I looked at the high res version of this and you can make out he has a fade. But mainly I was referring to his skintone which was too dark in 2k15.

# 15 Factzzz @ 08/24/15 03:55 PM
Quote:

Bucks font is too big as well.

Hopefully these things are tweaked before release, or in the first patch.

They also need to get Jabari and MCW's nappy hair in the game. They've had it long all summer. In these shots it looks like they're using 2K15's models.
A lot of the jerseys aren't done well, mainly things like font size, spacing, neck line, side stripes (like the Pistons).

Hopefully something that can be improved upon on next year, if not this year.

# 16 lvnba @ 08/24/15 04:04 PM
Stop compared the lightning with pictures. Compare it with video feeds, because photos have so many filters and light changes made by photographers, cameras, etc.

# 17 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 08/24/15 04:14 PM
Ppl need to understand that muscle definition shouldn't be that dramatically implemented. Go look at real life photos and see for yourself a lot of nba players are simply not that muscle defined.

# 18 Lisac @ 08/24/15 04:27 PM
Graphics are no diff from last year and the way shoes look is still way behind Lives. Unfort with Live there is no edits so it will be another year of 2K. Hope they fix alot of the gameplay and online Cheese!

# 19 HowDareI @ 08/24/15 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnba
Stop compared the lightning with pictures. Compare it with video feeds, because photos have so many filters and light changes made by photographers, cameras, etc.

The whites are still really white compared to the game, and a lot more crisp.

Court's shinier...

Everything in the trailer looks like a sunset or something's happening in the arena imo.

If they said they touched it up more from this build I'll take their word...and gameplay above everything else but it's still the only graphical thing besides jerseys I think they need to improve.

# 20 lakers24 @ 08/24/15 04:33 PM
Quote:
I guess the skin tone does look lighters. As far as the hair, it's really too hard to tell if his hair is correct or not. Jabari and MCW is off, so we'll see. I really, really hope 2K can gets these right before release...or in the first patch.
They have to get in for a new scan, someone should hit JP and MCW up and tell them to head to Pixel Gun when they are in LA lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
Graphics are no diff from last year and the way shoes look is still way behind Lives. Unfort with Live there is no edits so it will be another year of 2K. Hope they fix alot of the gameplay and online Cheese!
Spoiler

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.