Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Over on our YouTube page, I have posted a bunch of comparison shots that show some differences between the graphics in NBA 2K15 versus NBA 2K16 to this point. I'm sure we will do another one of these videos closer to launch or right after, but for now you can check out some side-by-side shots.

You can also just watch the video to enjoy record-spinning Kevin Durant turning into psychedelic Kevin Durant and then becoming haunted Kevin Durant.

Like, comment, subscribe y'alllllllllll. Oh, and as I say in the video, you can also look in the description below the video for time stamps to each one of the screenshots.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 gremdog8 @ 08/31/15 12:52 PM
Great video. You can really tell the difference from 15 to 16. The lighting looks phenomenal this year and the body scans are a game changer and even the faces look way better than last years and I thought they looked amazing on 15 lol. Can't wait for the 25th!

# 2 NastyGT @ 08/31/15 01:02 PM
Well, bodies are obviously different, but most of the players are already good looking in 2K15 (Durant, Thomas, Zebo, Davis, Harden...) except some new hairstyles (Davis, Wiggins, Curry, Teague...). But more of them are better in 2K16 (Galloway, Whiteside, Ross...), some are worse than last year (Paul George, Paul Pierce, Rudy Gay...), some are still not recognisable (Melo, Nowitzki...), but with better lightning everything looks better in 2K16.

# 3 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 08/31/15 02:26 PM
Look how skinny Isaiah Thomas was in 2K15 lol! Huge upgrade in the player models!

# 4 cthurt @ 08/31/15 02:52 PM
Good video, would've been better if it wasn't practice jerseys so we could compare differences in jerseys textures and colors, but the lighting is definitely headed in the right direction, cant wait to see this game on a HDTV.

# 5 3mir @ 08/31/15 03:21 PM
finally lighting looks awesome in 2k.can't wait

# 6 McG @ 08/31/15 03:58 PM
To me it looks like the players that aren't buff, but a little bit "flabby" look that way now (Z-Bo, Sullinger, etc.). The players also look a lot more crisp. Their faces look good and the tattoos look more detailed. Overall, this game is shaping up to be a "must buy". I am just waiting on some solid gameplay footage, unless there is something I've missed.

# 7 ChaseB @ 08/31/15 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyGT
Well, bodies are obviously different, but most of the players are already good looking in 2K15 (Durant, Thomas, Zebo, Davis, Harden...) except some new hairstyles (Davis, Wiggins, Curry, Teague...). But more of them are better in 2K16 (Galloway, Whiteside, Ross...), some are worse than last year (Paul George, Paul Pierce, Rudy Gay...), some are still not recognisable (Melo, Nowitzki...), but with better lightning everything looks better in 2K16.
Yeah guys like Galloway and Whiteside especially look out of place in 2K15 because they just had generic CAP heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Look how skinny Isaiah Thomas was in 2K15 lol! Huge upgrade in the player models!
Oh man, the arms in general are crazy. I didn't include lots of side shots, but even guys like LeBron have insanely skinny arms -- especially when compared against 2K16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Good video, would've been better if it wasn't practice jerseys so we could compare differences in jerseys textures and colors, but the lighting is definitely headed in the right direction, cant wait to see this game on a HDTV.
Yeah sorry man, just a little quicker going through practice mode for load times and making sure players are not in the way and so on.

# 8 lbrown531 @ 08/31/15 05:13 PM
I don't care about screenshots or comparisons! Just give me gameplay. I about to spend about $75.00 on a game and ya'll keep giving me trash. I want to know about how it's play and what to expect. I've been Live 16 gameplay, but nothing from 2K. This issue is not serious, but I would like to know what I'm getting into.

# 9 magiclakers32 @ 08/31/15 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown531
I don't care about screenshots or comparisons! Just give me gameplay. I about to spend about $75.00 on a game and ya'll keep giving me trash. I want to know about how it's play and what to expect. I've been Live 16 gameplay, but nothing from 2K. This issue is not serious, but I would like to know what I'm getting into.
game still isnt out for a month...they dont owe you anything. I hate when guys act like this. what did you come in the thread for. smh

# 10 ChaseB @ 08/31/15 06:02 PM
Quote:
Is this "y'all" aimed at 2K or OS? We can't control the gameplay flow haha.

# 11 BA2929 @ 08/31/15 06:21 PM
Quote:
I don't care about screenshots or comparisons! Just give me gameplay. I about to spend about $75.00 on a game and ya'll keep giving me trash. I want to know about how it's play and what to expect. I've seen Live 16 gameplay, but nothing from 2K. This issue is not serious, but I would like to know what I'm getting into.

Why'd you come into a thread that's specifically titled "Player Comparison Screenshots" if you don't care about them?

That's like driving by a McDonald's, knowing you don't want McDonald's, but stopping and going inside to complain to management that you don't want to eat their food.

# 12 sportjames23 @ 08/31/15 08:49 PM
As long as the Legends look good, I'm happy.

# 13 ejohns1004 @ 08/31/15 09:10 PM
Instead of doing a video comparing how 2k15 actually looked to the graphical fidelity of 2k16's promotional material, it probably would have been better to do a 1 to 1 comparison of both games promotional material. Because the promo videos for 2k15 looked NOWHERE near as bad as the actual game turned out. Comparatively speaking. I think that we may need to temper our expectations a bit concerning how the game is going to look. Maybe its just the cinic in me, but I am getting a 2k15, 2k14 vibe from these 2k16 promo vids. If anyone remembers, those games looked really good in August and September of those years, but is October... We should temper our expectations.

# 14 ejohns1004 @ 08/31/15 09:12 PM
But in October, not but is October. sorry

# 15 ejohns1004 @ 08/31/15 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Why'd you come into a thread that's specifically titled "Player Comparison Screenshots" if you don't care about them?

That's like driving by a McDonald's, knowing you don't want McDonald's, but stopping and going inside to complain to management that you don't want to eat their food.
Got a problem with how I spend my Thursdays?

# 16 Trackball @ 08/31/15 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohns1004
If you're being this rude about it, yes, yes we do.

# 17 ejohns1004 @ 08/31/15 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
If you're being this rude about it, yes, yes we do.
Hello Mr. Pot, my name is Kettle.
I thought that it was an amusing idea to drive to a McDonald's just to yell at the manager because you don't want to eat there. So I thought that it would be equally amusing to say that; that is how I like to spend my Thursday nights.
If something as little as someone trying to make a joke is what you constitute as "rude" then you are going to have a very hard life with many, many people 'wronging' you. I hope that is just you having a bad day though, cause that would be a sad way to live.
Try to have a better rest of the day.

# 18 ChaseB @ 08/31/15 09:41 PM
Quote:
I mean I laughed. Perhaps a bit combative in some other posts, but this was good.

Also it's valid to say look at this stuff again when the game comes out to see if it's downgraded. I could have maybe searched for the old promotional material, but I wouldn't have been able to get the same angles etc.

# 19 ejohns1004 @ 08/31/15 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I mean I laughed. Perhaps a bit combative in some other posts, but this was good.

Also it's valid to say look at this stuff again when the game comes out to see if it's downgraded. I could have maybe searched for the old promotional material, but I wouldn't have been able to get the same angles etc.
All good.
Hopefully my memory of those promos isn't off, but I don't think that it is. I distinctly remember thinking for the past couple of years that the game didn't look like I thought it would. But then again no game looks as good as the promotional material used to advertise it. Marketers tend to put their best foot forward.
Still I don't think that this game will look like the ads do. It will look good, but tempered expectations (at least in the graphics aspect) will help us to not be disappointed by in my opinion unimportant things. Graphics are fine, but gameplay is where this series needs the most work.

# 20 Trackball @ 08/31/15 10:17 PM
Quote:
Hello Mr. Pot, my name is Kettle.
I thought that it was an amusing idea to drive to a McDonald's just to yell at the manager because you don't want to eat there. So I thought that it would be equally amusing to say that; that is how I like to spend my Thursday nights.
If something as little as someone trying to make a joke is what you constitute as "rude" then you are going to have a very hard life with many, many people 'wronging' you. I hope that is just you having a bad day though, cause that would be a sad way to live.
Try to have a better rest of the day.
You're the one that came into a topic you don't care for--a topic you could have just ignored, by the way, since you don't care about it--and decided to make it all about your wishes.

And yes, I do have a problem with people being rude--especially on a website as tightly-moderated as this one.

Don't make this any more about you. This is a thread on comparing screenshots.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.