Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NLSC has posted their 127th podcast, as they welcome Leftos and JaoSming, from the NBA 2K16 team, to the show. They discuss MyGM, MyLEAGUE, MyLEAGUE Online, including details about the franchise modes that haven't been discussed yet.

Make sure you give it a listen.

Quote:
Episode #127 of the NLSC Podcast is out now, and it’s a special episode this week as Arcane and I welcome Leftos and JaoSming back to the show they started! After catching up with our old friends and joking around a little, we get down to business as Leftos gives us a detailed insight into MyGM, MyLEAGUE, and MyLEAGUE Online in NBA 2K16.

In short, a lot of work has gone into the franchise modes in NBA 2K16. In our interview, Leftos talks about improvements to logic and functionality, explains the ins and outs of the new features, describes the philosophy behind the development of the modes, and answers questions straight from the community. If the developer diary on MyGM, MyLEAGUE, and MyLEAGUE Online in NBA 2K16 got you excited to play this year’s franchise modes, you’ll definitely want to tune in for more information.

BluFu has posted some of the details from the podcast below, but make sure you listen to it all, for much more.

The Good
  • Per 100 poss stats are in
  • For the normalize minutes option, you can normalize all stats if you don't play on 12 minute quarters
  • Player and team hot streaks are mentioned in the Ticker
  • In MyLeague Online, you can invite players into you league whenever you want
  • You can randomize owner personalities in MyGM.
  • Players and staff can give feedback on their decisions in MyGM (if they don't want to sign with you, they'll let you know why)
  • VC and in-game money (I'll call it 'IGM') are separate things. IGM is accumulated through completing owner goals and can be used on things like your arena and relocation. When you buy the team, a part of the profits accrued in game is put towards your IGM.
  • Owners can change goals (long term and short term) based on team situation (he will evaluate constantly during the season). As well, players can change ambitions.
  • You can now override player retirements in MyLeague! In MyGM, you can convince them to not retire (example: Convincing Duncan to stay another year because you feel the roster has got a shot at a ring. Or even promising a staff possition the next year)
  • Improved FA logic (won't have great players sitting in FA)
  • Player turned coaches go by a system called the HOF rating. Things like win totals and rings are taken into account (hopefully this includes role players like Avery Johnson and Steve Kerr)
  • Option to edit staff! this is huge! (offensive, defensive, training, and scouting attributes can be edited!)
  • Can also edit team style in edit staff option (can choose what types of players will be targeted)
  • When relocating, you don't need to keep the name of the city or team
  • Owners that disapprove or are unsure of your relocation can be questioned
  • Draft logic was looked at. Busts and steals have been included without crazy bad logic (assuming this means guys that are ranked low in the mock drafts won't be selected top 5 and vice versa)
  • Draft prospects automation has been reworked. Beds (among others) helped out in ensuring that prospects were rated appropriately according to the new scale
  • League talent balancing while simming many years was touched on (better ratio of talent among prospects)
  • Accessory logic has been added to draft prospects!! (Higher probability for dual knee sleeves, and matching home/away colors etc. They've also used accessory data from the NBA to reflect on the draft classes. Unfortunately, headbands weren't confirmed or denied)
  • Audio team has been working very hard
The Unfortunate
  • No option to 'force' a player to become a coach
  • You cannot save logo/jersey designs to be imported for later
  • No draft protections but it's being looked at for the future
  • No preseason or D-League (takes up a lot of space and resources)
  • No team/player export (very complex stuff)
  • Career ending injuries will not be accompanied by a letter to the fans

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Trackball @ 09/04/15 01:08 AM
Nothing about Rick Barry's free throw animation, BUT they did say near the end that they couldn't talk about gameplay yet, and it wasn't the topic of this particular episode anyway.

I'd still like to know at some point, though.

Why do I keep bringing this up? Because closed mouths don't get fed.

# 22 LorenzoDC @ 09/04/15 01:16 AM
Just finished the whole thing. Lots there. I felt like I knew most of it but there were some new things and of course more depth.

Coach and staff profiles will be editable, except for ambition aspirations. That's for everyone on staff. Nice.

Unfortunately they never asked about trades in offseason during free agency, though. It's been a community wish every year, and with all they've done with off season, it would be a bit of a letdown if it didn't make it in.

# 23 LorenzoDC @ 09/04/15 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
114 minutes in, Leftos gives the reason the D-League is not in:

Too much effort to maintain, compared to how many 2K players actually use it--to put it in the game would take resources away from other areas.

In other words, it's because we Sim-Nation guys are too small in number. Sorry, folks.
I'm hoping there's some way they find a non playable way to at least assign and keep developmental prospects in D league the way they did years ago, and maybe even Europe.

Sounds like not this year though.

# 24 BluFu @ 09/04/15 01:24 AM
What a podcast... Almost 3 hours of pure info. Might have missed something but here's what I got (almost another blog lol). Tried organizing it as best as possible.

The Good
-Per 100 poss stats are in

-For the normalize minutes option, you can normalize all stats if you don't play on 12 minute quarters

-Player and team hot streaks are mentioned in the Ticker

-In MyLeague Online, you can invite players into you league whenever you want

-You can randomize owner personalities in MyGM.

-Players and staff can give feedback on their decisions in MyGM (if they don't want to sign with you, they'll let you know why)

-VC and in-game money (I'll call it 'IGM') are separate things. IGM is accumulated through completing owner goals and can be used on things like your arena and relocation. When you buy the team, a part of the profits accrued in game is put towards your IGM.

-Owners can change goals (long term and short term) based on team situation (he will evaluate constantly during the season). As well, players can change ambitions.

-You can now override player retirements in MyLeague! In MyGM, you can convince them to not retire (example: Convincing Duncan to stay another year because you feel the roster has got a shot at a ring. Or even promising a staff possition the next year)

-Improved FA logic (won't have great players sitting in FA)

-Player turned coaches go by a system called the HOF rating. Things like win totals and rings are taken into account (hopefully this includes role players like Avery Johnson and Steve Kerr)

-Option to edit staff! this is huge! (offensive, defensive, training, and scouting attributes can be edited!)
Spoiler

-Can also edit team style in edit staff option (can choose what types of players will be targeted)

-When relocating, you don't need to keep the name of the city or team

-Owners that disapprove or are unsure of your relocation can be questioned

-Draft logic was looked at. Busts and steals have been included without crazy bad logic (assuming this means guys that are ranked low in the mock drafts won't be selected top 5 and vice versa)

-Draft prospects automation has been reworked. Beds (among others) helped out in ensuring that prospects were rated appropriately according to the new scale

-League talent balancing while simming many years was touched on (better ratio of talent among prospects)

-Accessory logic has been added to draft prospects!! (Higher probability for dual knee sleeves, and matching home/away colors etc. They've also used accessory data from the NBA to reflect on the draft classes. Unfortunately, headbands weren't confirmed or denied)

-Audio team has been working very hard, 23

The Unfortunate
-No option to 'force' a player to become a coach

-You cannot save logo/jersey designs to be imported for later

-No draft protections but it's being looked at for the future

-No preseason or D-League (takes up a lot of space and resources)

-No team/player export (very complex stuff)

-Career ending injuries will not be accompanied by a letter to the fans

Did I miss anything? Anything to add/clarify Leftos? This game is looking incredible...

# 25 23 @ 09/04/15 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
What a podcast... Almost 3 hours of pure info. Might have missed something but here's what I got (almost another blog lol). Tried organizing it as best as possible.

The Good

-For the normalize minutes option, you can normalize all stats if you don't play on 12 minute quarters

-Players and staff can give feedback on their decisions in MyGM (if they don't want to sign with you, they'll let you know why)

-VC and in-game money (I'll call it 'IGM') are separate things. IGM is accumulated through completing owner goals and can be used on things like your arena and relocation. When you buy the team, a part of the profits accrued in game is put towards your IGM.

-Owners can change goals (long term and short term) based on team situation (he will evaluate constantly during the season). As well, players can change ambitions.

-You can now override player retirements in MyLeague! In MyGM, you can convince them to not retire (example: Convincing Duncan to stay another year because you feel the roster has got a shot at a ring. Or even promising a staff possition the next year)

-Can now seamlessly switch players from team-to-team in MyLeague without salary cap implications

-Player turned coaches go by a system called the HOF rating. Things like win totals and rings are taken into account (hopefully this includes role players like Avery Johnson and Steve Kerr)

-Option to edit staff! this is huge! (offensive, defensive, training, and scouting attributes can be edited!)
Spoiler

-Can also edit team style in edit staff option (can choose what types of players will be targeted)

-Draft logic was looked at. Busts and steals have been included without crazy bad logic (assuming this means guys that are ranked low in the mock drafts won't be selected top 5 as well as vice versa)

-Draft prospects automation has been reworked. Beds (among others) helped out out in ensuring that prospects were rated appropriately according to the new scale

-League talent balancing while simming many years was touched on (better ratio of talent among prospects)

-Accessory logic has been added to draft prospects!! (Higher probability for dual knee sleeves, and matching home/away colors etc. They've also used accessory data from the NBA to reflect on the draft classes. Unfortunately, headbands weren't confirmed or denied)

The Unfortunate

Did I miss anything? Anything to add/clarify Leftos? This game is looking incredible...
2nd season the salary cap will jump to what the real NBA cap will be so it'll provide an interesting offseason

Cant find the audio part and what he said besides looking at what they were doing.

# 26 Rasco11 @ 09/04/15 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
To clarify so that there's no misunderstandings, whenever I mention the blue sky list I'm not promising anything regarding 2K17. It would be far from me to do so. I'm just saying it's (and everything on the blue sky list is) something that's on our radar, but that doesn't mean it's going in next year or that we have evaluated how much effort and how many resources it would take.

I really hope you guys enjoy the podcast.

And please don't staple your fingers together.
Thanks Leftos for participating in that podcast! Enjoyed it.

In the future I would absolutely love an expansion of the "2K share" feature allowing us to download/share all this customizable stuff - uni's, players/rosters, shoes, court designs, etc., for off-line use if nothing else. A method like that would be easier and much more efficient to recreate historic seasons, different leagues, etc!!! I'm happy to hear it is at least on the table to some degree as a future path. Can't wait for 2K16...thanks for all your hard work!

# 27 LorenzoDC @ 09/04/15 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
2nd season the salary cap will jump to what the real NBA cap will be so it'll provide an interesting offseason

Cant find the audio part and what he said besides looking at what they were doing.
The bit about the salary cap was also in the dev blog I think. I know I had already heard that.

Also, to the original BluFlu comment, you could always turn off salary cap and trade logic for MyLeague trades last year, sending anyone anywhere, so just that one item isn't really new this year.

Other than that nice write up.

# 28 BluFu @ 09/04/15 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
The bit about the salary cap was also in the dev blog I think. I know I had already heard that.

Also, to the original BluFlu comment, you could always turn off salary cap and trade logic for MyLeague trades last year, sending anyone anywhere, so just that one item isn't really new this year.

Other than that nice write up.
Wow this whole time I never realized... good catch.

# 29 23 @ 09/04/15 01:42 AM
I think the main thing about MyLeague is the customizations to do what you want, and I love that.

# 30 Rasco11 @ 09/04/15 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I think the main thing about MyLeague is the customizations to do what you want, and I love that.
Yep! Amen

And, thanks for posting the link to this podcast!

# 31 strawberryshortcake @ 09/04/15 01:58 AM
Quote:
The Unfortunate
Just a matter of curiosity on why it's unfortunate. Is it something about mimicking the real NBA league or whatevers? Example, roll back in history. Real Jason Kidd retires and goes into NBA coaching. Virtual Jason Kidd retires and there's no way to "force" Jason Kidd to coach the same NBA team as real life ... or am I completely off track. Again, just curious.

# 32 vannwolfhawk @ 09/04/15 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Onliners can invite anyone into your league whenever you want. If you want to do it in the middle of the season or in the playoffs you can.
I thought I read somewhere that we could not boot someone from league and they would have to leave themselves and that if they did it would be CPU team there on out without being able to invite another user? So, if this is not true and we can then that's HUGE for leagues as we all know there is always a few of those guys that have to leave or are booted.

# 33 23 @ 09/04/15 02:49 AM
Yeah he went into depth on it but you'll have to listen for it....just skip past the other parts

I'm too tired to remember correctly ...at this moment but i was posting that as i was listening . He mentioned players coming and going but i think only the admin has thr ability to do this

# 34 lakers24 @ 09/04/15 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
He knows everything....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LaNostradamus Aldridge

# 35 BluFu @ 09/04/15 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I thought I remembered him saying something along the lines of "he's never seen the audio team work any harder than now". Maybe I misheard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Just a matter of curiosity on why it's unfortunate. Is it something about mimicking the real NBA league or whatevers? Example, roll back in history. Real Jason Kidd retires and goes into NBA coaching. Virtual Jason Kidd retires and there's no way to "force" Jason Kidd to coach the same NBA team as real life ... or am I completely off track. Again, just curious.
There's that... but simply put: this is MyLeague, "my sandbox"! The more options, the better!

It's nothing major at all, but it would've been a great addition. If I feel a certain role player, who doesn't meet the criteria to be a coach, deserves to be one then it'd be nice to have that kind of option.

# 36 deetoman @ 09/04/15 03:36 AM
I'm going to listen to it when I get a chance but did they dive deeper into relocation or is it just what yall said here and what was said on the blog?

# 37 23 @ 09/04/15 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetoman
I'm going to listen to it when I get a chance but did they dive deeper into relocation or is it just what yall said here and what was said on the blog?
Deeper like how?

He mentioned the differences in it from MyLeague vs in MyGM and why they gave too many customizations options in MyLeague and why MyGM doesn't has alot but not THAT much.

I can't disagree with any of their reasoning

# 38 strawberryshortcake @ 09/04/15 03:48 AM
Quote:
There's that... but simply put: this is MyLeague, "my sandbox"! The more options, the better!

It's nothing major at all, but it would've been a great addition. If I feel a certain role player, who doesn't meet the criteria to be a coach, deserves to be one then it'd be nice to have that kind of option.
Aw, why yes, "sandbox" definitely.

I was simply caught off guard with the word "force" that is all.

Forcing a player to doing certain things. Flashback to DeAndre Jordan, the Clippers and the Mavericks, Paul & Paul (Chris Paul and Paul Pierce, etc.) "locking" Jordan in a room and "forcing" him to "rejoin" the Clippers.

.... "Damn it virtual Kobe, you're never leaving the Lakers' organization, I don't care if you're retired and want to live in Paris, I'm going to keep you locked up in this room until you sign the contract to be the new Lakers head coach."

.... closes door, locks it, 24 hours later,

"Kobe, you signed the papers yet?"

# 39 Cherifanaiz @ 09/04/15 05:13 AM
Quote:

The Good

Spoiler

-Draft logic was looked at. Busts and steals have been included without crazy bad logic (assuming this means guys that are ranked low in the mock drafts won't be selected top 5 and vice versa)

-Draft prospects automation has been reworked. Beds (among others) helped out in ensuring that prospects were rated appropriately according to the new scale

The Unfortunate

Great Job! Thanks for the transcription of the podcast

# 40 TheBarcaBoy @ 09/04/15 05:31 AM
Quote:

Please NBA2K!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.