Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

A new tuning file has arrived for Madden NFL 16, this one is concentrated on the risk/reward factor for WR/DB interactions.

The much anticipated patch is coming very soon, so we will continue to wait for an official release date.

With that said, let's keep the discussion in the comments on point with a discussion on the tuning update and what it's doing to the game.

Let us know what you are seeing!

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Find_the_Door @ 09/06/15 04:00 PM
I'd still like to see the pass rush ramped up. Someone shouldn't be able to do a one step drop (slants) and allow the slant to run to the otherside of the field with no pressure.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

# 142 GOBLUE_08 @ 09/06/15 04:19 PM
I'm definitely seeing DB's being more agressive, especially on comeback routes.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

# 143 SolidSquid @ 09/06/15 05:28 PM
Is there any technique to actually coming down with jump balls? My Wrs can get their hands on them but they are always getting punched out no matter who the defensive back is.

# 144 DreSki @ 09/06/15 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_The_Door
I'd still like to see the pass rush ramped up. Someone shouldn't be able to do a one step drop (slants) and allow the slant to run to the otherside of the field with no pressure.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
This is huge for me. The cpu does this constantly. Players online too. The slants will eventually cross each other and rub their corners off leading to wide open WRs. Definitely should not be a thing.

# 145 FluffyTonka @ 09/06/15 06:24 PM
i had a sweet sequence last night on mut (waiting for the final rosters to start an offline cfm) ...

Game was winding down, other team out of timeouts on their own 30 and down by 4.

Brock my cornerback (high man coverage and press, perfect for how i want to play).

Brock was on ty hilton, ty jumped up on a perfectly thrown flag route by Luck. hilton went up and got the ball, and as they hit the ground there was a really sweet animation of Brock batting the ball away from his hands.

They got a few first downs and moved to my 25. then in the final few plays of the game it was brock running back with the flight on a play he looked beaten on, turning his hips and making a play on their TE on another flag route and jarring the ball out.

then on the last play of the game out of hurry up offense, i got brock to jam ty at the line while i bought the house on a man blitz. it hurried luck out of the pocket and threw ty off his route and when the ball came out fast from Luck it was always a foot or two out in front of him.

some of the realism and strategy you can get out of this game is blowing my mind the more i play it.

post tuner it just seems heaps more fluid & realistic, imo. There's more penalties, better passing interactions and smarter DBs' ... The cpu in a mut challenge, tried to hurdle a stack with AP and D.Harris my ilb met him in mid air for a game ending fumble.

I've seen a kick return go for a td, more injuries and even more variety in play from the cpu.

i agree with whoever said the CPU runinngbacks could use more moves and be more dynamic and the cpu playcalling gets a little vanilla (not enough read options, reverses, counters & screens etc) ... but that's just splitting hairs on what is easily the best madden gameplay ever.

ea just needs to sort out the cfm with the progression, xp, schemes and drive assignments so that it's playable beyond 5 or 6 games and we're all sorted. lol

# 146 FluffyTonka @ 09/06/15 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreSki
This is huge for me. The cpu does this constantly. Players online too. The slants will eventually cross each other and rub their corners off leading to wide open WRs. Definitely should not be a thing.

for me play calling can take this away.

on slants you can make line adjustments to the secondary to play inside or under their man, which takes that route away once they cross ... or blitz the qb and take the time away from him to wait for the play to develop (to the point where they cross on their routes.)

then again there's qb's and receivers in the league that are unstoppable on 80% of plays ...

against good offenses & qb's, i play heaps of bend, don't break defense. back off and play over the top of receivers and don't give up the big play, then as the field shrinks, apply zone blitzes and jam their wr's at the line and play under the man looking for the pick and hopefully stopping them so they settle for a fg at worst.

# 147 booker21 @ 09/06/15 07:09 PM
To be honest. I'm not seeing any differences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 148 Jarodd21 @ 09/06/15 07:13 PM
The coverage definitely gotten better with the Tuning update. The CPU struggled big time against me throwing the ball with the settings I had at that time. I had to make some adjustments to the Accuracy after a few test games..

Now they need to tune that edge rush from DEs. It's terrible at the moment..

# 149 PacMan3000 @ 09/06/15 09:16 PM
So is it me, or has his update messed up player faces and even names? For example, guys like Blake Bortles and Earl Thomas have generic faces. I also notice that Marcus Mariota doesn't even has his name on the back of his jersey--it's just a blank white space. I took a photo but haven't uploaded it yet. But has anyone else noticed bizarre things like this post update?

# 150 DeuceDouglas @ 09/06/15 09:36 PM
I love what they did. I don't know what it is but, for me, it actually feels like I have a much better chance of taking shots down the field than before. I've had a lot more great outcomes, complete and incomplete, offensively since the update and my defensive players really feel night and day. I played a couple games last night and won a game 40-30 against the Steelers and Roethlisberger killed me. Then I played a 17-10 game against the Lions that was extremely fun and way more defensive. I wish I had the play recorded but on 4th and 15 from about the 20 yard line I threw a seem route to Kelce who went up high and started to come down with it but right as he hit the ground a safety was coming over diving into him and knocked the ball loose. It lost me the game but I couldn't help but appreciate it.

I'm enjoying the game much more than I was before the update, that's for sure. I'm with people who want to see the pass rush tuned but I kind of like the way it is now and am fearful of what happened last year. If they could somehow tune it along with QB AI to where QB's will take more shots into coverage while under pressure then I would be on board but I think messing with that is getting into risky territory and I like where it's at right now honestly.

# 151 booker21 @ 09/06/15 09:56 PM
I wouldn't mess with that kind of thins. It's too deep to fix via patch and the results could be an sack fest like we had last year. For some reason they went back on the OL/DL interaction.

# 152 FluffyTonka @ 09/07/15 01:29 AM
i like the trench battle. if you commit to a blitz and bring the house, you often overwhelm the line and make plays on the qb ... the good qb's use it against you and look for quick dump offs and passes into the flats or counters.

it's realistic, imo.

I use Jerry Hughes in my MUT ... and im getting all kinds of pressure and sacks using his finesse spin move from the edge.

# 153 seymourtitty @ 09/07/15 07:38 AM
hi all,

New to Madden and started as my boyhood team, Redskins (yes, I know....)

any tips for franchise mode in terms of roster upgrades, best new signings, trades etc?

much appreciated, thanks

# 154 howboutdat @ 09/07/15 08:06 AM
Ok , so this is something ive noticed after the tuning update and it has to do with game speed. Our league has always played on slow speed because normal just felt too arcady . We have been in a test CFM to test out our sliders. It has been on slow speed this whole time. Well after this update, ive noticed playing on slow speed is like trying to play football in about 4 inches of mud.Everything is so slow now . It really seems like the game speed got tweaked and maybe alittle too much. Anyone else notice this?

# 155 zizoux @ 09/07/15 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3

The tuner seems to have tuned the run blocking, but not in a good way. Yes, the defenders seem to hold their blocks longer, but I think this is at the expense of what was a great running game. There just seem to be gaping holes there that don't exist prior to the tuner.
I've noticed that as well. Played three games as Chargers against Packers, Seahaws and Browns. I cracked 100+ yrds in those three games with M. Gordon. Averaging 7 ypc. All-Pro default except User Run Block Slider is at 1.
It felt like I could win all those games without passing the ball once.

# 156 Dolfanjoe @ 09/07/15 08:24 AM
Quote:
Strange, because to me, it the game speed feels as if it was increased with the tuner update.
Same here, i used to play on normal speed, now after the tuner update, i'm playing in slow. ????

# 157 sooner1 @ 09/07/15 08:59 AM
Quote:
I will say this though to those who like the game play as it was prior to the tuner. The tuner can be removed (remember to restart the game after removing), and even more awesome, there was not an opening day patch.

That means that when EA releases the inevitable patch that appeals to the wants of the online crybabies and screws the game play later in the year, you can simply uninstall the game, and return to the greatness of Madden 16 opening day.

Last year, patch 3 completely destroyed the game play, and I couldn't return to patch 2.... not the same situation this year. I can always come back to out of the box game play... such a comfort

I'm already seeing the complaints about overthrows from the online crowd, so I am guessing robo QB will be coming back soon.
The tuner was a necessity to us online crybabies. The game was way too juiced, I want realism. Im 40 yrs old, I despise what Madden became and didn't even play it from 2011 through the end of the 360 era. Before this tuner it was way too easy to complete deep balls. The game speed has sped up a bit after tuner. The one handed catches still need tuned but doubt that will happen, I now see 1 handed catches by my Dbs.

For you that play cpu only..... man you guys have sliders, can remove tuner etc. I don't think we are crying, we just cant adjust a slider like you and say ok thats better. Plus playing vs the AI in any EA game is just mind numbing after awhile.

# 158 OhMrHanky @ 09/07/15 09:07 AM
Lol. I posted this earlier, but after playing a few more games, I'm seeing even more of it - one handed INTERCEPTIONS!! Lol. Pre-tuner, I played about 10-12 games and saw ZERO one handed interceptions. Post-tuner, I've played about 4-5 games and seen 5!! It's all good, I'm happy for tougher D, but it's just funny that I am now seeing the one handed animations dominate the other side of the ball. Lol

# 159 booker21 @ 09/07/15 09:16 AM
Quote:
It wasn't too easy to complete deep balls. Most guys thought they could play the way they always have and didn't want to change. I played an online game or two this year, and the new controls made it really easy to defend the deep ball. Swat Mechanic, play the receiver mechanic, and play the ball mechanic gives a variety of different options to play the pass as a defender. Use of each mechanic is situational, requiring thought and practice.

The deep ball was not overpowered

We all are going to disagree and agree. I felt the deep is actually still too overpowered. Last night just to test I kept throwing to sherman with boldin and torch him on streak passes over and over. I completed all 4 deep streak I tried against him. And I'm not manual catching. No switch player here.

Maybe the turne affects only the manual catching mechanics?

Regarding the speed I think there is a bug. Sometimes my games are really slow. I quit and restart the game at it plays at normal speed again. Weird. Never seen this on madden before.

# 160 booker21 @ 09/07/15 09:20 AM
Quote:
The problem with all of this is that these changes they make to prevent the cheesing online, affect the simulation crowd who play the CPU. So while the tuner may improve the game for the online style of play, it kills the game for those who play on All-Madden or entirely against the CPU.

There are those who make the argument that CPU guys can adjust the sliders, but my rebuttal to that is that the tuner sometimes changes things sliders can't address. So frustrating.

Agree. The problem is that with every change ea made it also change other aspects. I agree that the AC is OP. But why change the rushing and all the other aspects? Sometimes I feel the devs doesn't have control on their creation.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.