Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA players continue posting their NBA 2K16 player ratings, along with in-game screenshots of themselves in action. Below are the players that have either posted on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram today.

(Click the name(s) below, to see the screenshot.)Previously confirmed player ratings: (Click the name(s) below, to see the screenshot)

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 eko718 @ 09/08/15 11:11 PM
Nice^^^^ They did a good job on the kid.

# 22 BA2929 @ 09/08/15 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus10
Did 2k not watch Summer League? Johnson and Turner both DOMINATED SUMMER LEAGUE and they only got 73 rating? 2k as usual not paying attention, ratings should be 77-79. Stop rating these players based on draft position and WATCH THE GAMES 2K
Durant is a 91 overall in 2k16. Are you saying Myles Turner, a guy who averaged 10 points and 6.5 rebounds per game in his only season in college, is only 12 overall points worse than Kevin Durant?

Anyway, they lowered the overalls of everyone this year. Get used to seeing your favorite new guys in the low 70s. If Myles can actually live up to his pre-college hype in the NBA, his overall will rise and 2k does a fairly solid job of adjusting ratings during the course of the year. Also, you can always edit Turner to be whatever you want in your game when you get it. So there's really no reason to get annoyed with what 2k rates anyone.

# 23 blingballa333 @ 09/08/15 11:53 PM
NBA 2K16

From Summer League:
Spoiler

In all actuality, not too far off. Just a bit too "girthy" haha.

# 24 strawberryshortcake @ 09/09/15 01:47 AM
Point 1
So glad I never cared much about ratings. As long as the players behave like themselves on the court, that's all that matters to me.

If Kobe, Melo, and Westbrook jacks up shots like there's no tomorrow and Lebron is a dominant force and Curry and Thompson are able to knock down threes realistically, and all your other players on the court is a reflection of their true self, I'm game.

Maybe one day if 2k and all these sports franchises would simply keep ratings hidden, people will focus more on how the player actually performs on the field rather than let ratings stir up their emotions.

Honestly, what's the difference between a 77 rated player versus a 76 or 78 or 79 rated player.

Point 2
So glad more players don't have boxy shoulders as if they're constantly doing barbell/dumbbell shrugs. So glad their shoulders are more sloped like a real human.

# 25 KidHypeTellem @ 09/09/15 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Point 1
So glad I never cared much about ratings. As long as the players behave like themselves on the court, that's all that matters to me.

If Kobe, Melo, and Westbrook jacks up shots like there's no tomorrow and Lebron is a dominant force and Curry and Thompson are able to knock down threes realistically, and all your other players on the court is a reflection of their true self, I'm game.

Maybe one day if 2k and all these sports franchises would simply keep ratings hidden, people will focus more on how the player actually performs on the field rather than let ratings stir up their emotions.

Honestly, what's the difference between a 77 rated player versus a 76 or 78 or 79 rated player.

Point 2
So glad more players don't have boxy shoulders as if they're constantly doing barbell/dumbbell shrugs. So glad their shoulders are more sloped like a real human.
This is exactly how I feel. Never cared for ratings and don't get the hype over an overall.
I was dominating last year with cj McCollum! Loool

On topic, loving these faces. Notice Payne has his tattoos. Guess rookies will have them this year which is great.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

# 26 lakers24 @ 09/09/15 03:20 AM
Is it me or has 2k stepped up their hair game for real players? If we could get these type of styles for CAP's i'd be ecstatic. Maybe 2k could "pre make" draft class faces and allow us to edit everything else.

# 27 tetoleetd @ 09/09/15 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward13
Looking good, rating should be around a 76 though.; This kid has some game!
how can you just throw out an exact number for his overall? you have to average out each individual attribute to come up with an overall lol.

# 28 swac07 @ 09/09/15 04:18 AM

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 29 Real2KInsider @ 09/09/15 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Anyway, they lowered the overalls of everyone this year.
Not actually accurate, despite what 2K said.

PGs: +4
SGs: +2
SFs: -1
PFs: -13
Cs: -8

There's a reason they have been slow to release this year and have mainly only touched on rookies.

# 30 Bexthelegend @ 09/09/15 06:34 AM
Did someone really try and justify someone's rating based on summer league?

# 31 lakers24 @ 09/09/15 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
There's a reason they have been slow to release this year and have mainly only touched on rookies.
They just started showing rookies. They weren't even in the game until recently.

# 32 macky61528 @ 09/09/15 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend
Did someone really try and justify someone's rating based on summer league?
lol no comment

# 33 Vic Viper @ 09/09/15 08:57 AM
Summer League? Really guys? That does not determine you are going to be a contributor or star in the league. I remember Tony Snell was killing it in Summer League, but his confidence and game never made that leap during the regular season. Seth Curry was the leading scorer in the Summer League and he barely made it back to the league. I thought he should have still been in the league even before the summer league, but that's probably just me. You guys crack me up, but that's why I like OS. lol

# 34 scottyp180 @ 09/09/15 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
how can you just throw out an exact number for his overall? you have to average out each individual attribute to come up with an overall lol.
Comments like that always make me laugh.

I mean first of all it is a brand new rating system this year where legends set the bar. Not only do we not know how these ratings will play out but it should be obvious that rookies will be on the lower end.

Second even if the rating system was the same it is difficult to tell if a player's overall is accurate or not without playing. For the sake of argument let's say Kyrie Irving and Chris Paul had the same rating. They are still going to play completely different because of their play style amd strengths. Kyrie is more of a scoring point guard that makes his own shots where as Paul is more of a pass first guard that creates shots for other players, not to say he can't score as well.

Just because a player has a specific number rating doesn't mean it won't accurately portray his skillset. And if not at least we get constant roster updates and the ability to roster edit

# 35 hesko @ 09/09/15 09:55 AM
Man..., all the guys that got scanned look real af! definitely stand out from the ones who didn't (for whatever reason).

# 36 Real2KInsider @ 09/09/15 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Comments like that always make me laugh.
I mean first of all it is a brand new rating system this year where legends set the bar. Not only do we not know how these ratings will play out but it should be obvious that rookies will be on the lower end.
That is wordplay by 2K as none of the reveals have yet to show that.

# 37 RocketTMac1 @ 09/09/15 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

My dude Booker
Booker will be a Hornet like he should have been. Making that trade in MyLeague and MyGM. Going to make some moves with the squad.

# 38 Mauer4MVP @ 09/09/15 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
Booker will be a Hornet like he should have been. Making that trade in MyLeague and MyGM. Going to make some moves with the squad.
Don't worry, your squad turned down 6 picks for Frank Kaminsky

Sorry, that was probably too mean.

# 39 RocketTMac1 @ 09/09/15 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Don't worry, your squad turned down 6 picks for Frank Kaminsky

Sorry, that was probably too mean.
Yes the Charmin brothers are made this year..........

That was too cold man.

# 40 redsox4evur @ 09/09/15 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
Yes the Charmin brothers are made this year..........

That was too cold man.
Also 2 of those picks were lottery picks...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.