Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Kenny "The Jet" Smith has joined Shaquille O'Neal and Ernie Johnson in the NBA 2K16 pre-game, halftime and post-game shows. Check out the video here and post your thoughts!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 cthurt @ 09/10/15 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renan_23rossi
OMG! Look at 1:58 minutes... this is must be the newest build, 'cause the graphics are so much better than the others videos, look the crowd shadow, omg!!!!

I like how 2k sprinkled a few Rocket fans in wearing their home and away jerseys amongst the huge Warrior crowd. But the lighting in the crowd looks very improved you can see more then 5 rows back.

# 142 scottyp180 @ 09/10/15 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
It's called immersion. There's no such thing as "2K Sports TV" and that's immersion breaking for some people.

We demand true to life authenticity in so many other areas, I don't know why you're trying to make people seem unreasonable for wanting TNT presentation.

But that's how this forum is. Everything you want is stupid and unnecessary, and everything I want is must-have or else the game is garbage.

All of that aside, this looks incredible and I'm hyped up.
It would definitely add to the immersion, seeing the ESPN logo and swipes in Live adds to that broadcast feel, but I don't think it necessarily hurts the game by not having some sort of broadcast license. To me 2K already has the best sports videogame presentstion. The TNT license would definitely take it to the next level but really the only thing missing is the logo (which PC gamers could probably just mod in for their game). Who knows for sure if 2K has even attempted at the TNT license but if they did aND they feel the price is too steep this is certainly the next best thing.

# 143 8KB24 @ 09/10/15 11:39 AM
PC gamers be like: "meh, I'll just mod TNT logo and swipes and scoreboard in the game" :P

# 144 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/10/15 11:40 AM
The immersion is crazy this year

# 145 scottyp180 @ 09/10/15 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL. Thats really dramatic.

No one called wanting the TNT license "stupid". I wouldnt mind seeing it. Its just weird how its become an obsession here. What we are talking about is a logo and a set design.

The fact is 2k is doing the sim community a huge favor by adding these features in the game because most casual player skip past pre, post and halftime shows. OS is one of the few places on the internet where you will find people demanding these features or complaining because the scoreboard hasnt changed in this year's game.

Licensing a network's mark in a game isnt cheap. I know this because I worked on trademark licenses for the cable network I work for. I did that work for 5 years and we are talking about deals in the high hundred thousands to millions. Now, I would rather 2k spend that money on resources that would help the gameplay (new employees, additional tech) than just a logo that appears during screen wipes and on the scoreboard.
OS is certainly a place like no other. It's probably the only place where you will find people complaining about Kobe having an 85 average because they feel it is too high. This is the same place where people will see gameplay clips and notice that shoes are missing laces or lacking specific details.

I mean I love the OS community because without the hardcore people on this board companies like 2K wouldn't continue to push themselves and their games to be as accurate and realistic as possible but if casual sports gamers came to these boards they would think some people are crazy with how demanding they can be.

# 146 STLRams @ 09/10/15 11:48 AM
Halftime show with highlights and an end of game show with highlightsYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If 2K presentation shows highlights from around the league along with this during NBA Today games or season/franchise mode this game will pretty much take over my life for the alittle while. Nice touch 2K dev team. Also what if they had Kenny going in detail breaking down our gameplay at halftime in terms of X's,O's and strategy like he does in real life during halftime that he noticed during the game..........hmmm

# 147 iFnotWhyNoT @ 09/10/15 11:49 AM

Next year mocap kennys walk, have him walk to a video board and then show the player of the game highlights lol

# 148 Junior Moe @ 09/10/15 11:54 AM
TNT or not, this is insane. I'm elated to see the halftime show return. Game just didn't feel right without it. Not only is it back, but we now get the shenanigans of Shaq & Kenny with Ernie playing the cool balanced role. Can't wait to see what the post game consists of. Also, you can tell that Shaq has been body scanned or something because he looks hulking compared to Ernie.

# 149 Poke @ 09/10/15 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Man, this is so weird.

I remember playing AS Kenny Smith in NBA Live '95, my first basketball video game, 21 years ago.

And now he's in the game again, as an analyst.

It's like they tried their darndest to get the TNT license, couldn't get it, so they went "here, have the next best thing: the people involved."

...Wait.

HALFTIME SHOW?!

YES!!!
Kenny had a half time show a few years back like 2k7 called "Kenny''s Stamp of Approval " or something like that but they took it out the following year for some reason.

# 150 Poke @ 09/10/15 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurestyl3
Idk how you got this, but nice find lol

If only Chuck could get in on this....

I love Chuck but his rambling and repeat comments would drag the show too long and take time from everyone else like in real life lol

# 151 Poke @ 09/10/15 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
Kenny looks real af.

2k are killing it this year.
They even added he head nod!

# 152 STLRams @ 09/10/15 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Honestly just going to mash A through all this ****...

I know I won't be skipping it. I love 2K sports Presentation

# 153 Junior Moe @ 09/10/15 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
I love Chuck but his rambling and repeat comments would drag the show too long and take time from everyone else like in real life lol
In addition to that, I just don't think anyone can accurately capture the essence of Chuck. He's just so off the cuff. I think it would end up looking forced in a videogame. I very much like the Shaq, Ernie and Kenny trio. They have the right balance of substance and silliness, IMO. And it looks like it will translate great in game.

# 154 Cowboy008 @ 09/10/15 12:07 PM
This is great news. Just have one question though when they showed the halftime show they were in the arena during a playoff game. So during the regular season they will be in the studio doing the halftime show?

# 155 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/10/15 12:08 PM
NICE!!! Greta edtion.

# 156 vick4realz @ 09/10/15 12:12 PM

# 157 strawberryshortcake @ 09/10/15 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams

I know I won't be. I love 2K sports Presentation
I specifically played NFL2k5 so that I could purposely watch the halftime and post game highlights playout. Absolutely remarkable.

With NBA2k16, I have an extremely good feeling that I'll also play the game so that I could purposely watch the halftime and post game highlights (and obviously the pre-game show to mentally get setup). Maybe not as in depth with showing minute by the minute on the court action breakdown a la NFL2k5, but I will most definitely relish the entire NBA2k16 presentation package.

Once halftime hits and the final 4th quarter buzzer sounds, I'm putting my controller down so I can relish in all its glory.

# 158 bran9413 @ 09/10/15 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vick4realz
Took the words right out of my mouth with this gif. This game is including everything I ever wanted in a basketball game this year.

# 159 bonannogiovanni @ 09/10/15 12:18 PM
Do they talk about around the league scores and updates in myleague mode? That would be awesome....

# 160 jayman504 @ 09/10/15 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vick4realz
dude those tears looks hella scary...lol... Man even works out his Tear Ducts!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.