Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Greg Anthony will join Kevin Harlan and Clark Kellogg as the 3 man commentary team for NBA 2K16, as reported by our own Dustin Toms.

Greg will replace Steve Kerr, who was coaching the Golden State Warriors and commentating in NBA 2K15 at the same time. He is a super talented multitasker.

Other notes from Dustin, as he gets hands-on time with NBA 2K16 today. (More to come)
  • New Playoff structure will ship day one with #NBA2K16. No patch needed.
  • Straight from @Beluba: "Foot planting has been completely redone."
  • Between-quarter interviews during games. John Henson just talked about how he can improve this season.
  • Just finished Milwaukee vs. Atlanta (CPU). Defense much more refined...makes you play harder and smarter.
  • One quarter into Cavs vs. Kings (CPU). Difference between CLE's quickness and MIL's length very apparent.
  • Nice lob pass from Love to JR. Smith followed the pass from over the shoulder.
  • TONS of updated player hairstyles in NBA 2K16 from summer. Sounds like CAP could be in for a treat.
  • Players had COMPLETE body scans into the game. Yes, even legs.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 LeBron_On_Mars @ 09/11/15 12:32 AM
This makes sense, if and since they're featuring college teams for MyCareer. Then Greg Anthony as a third commentator fits that vibe. Overall I'm just glad they cut Kerr out of the commentary entirely.

-Gawdnado

# 102 King_B_Mack @ 09/11/15 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Then, can someone please further explain a couple things?

Note: I don't have access to TNT. Does Charles do analysis on other sports beside the NBA and March Madness? If Charles was so against the NBA, why does he do commentary analysis on the league?
It's not so much he's so against the NBA that he can't talk about the game and the league and still enjoy it. Chuck has said many times that he believes the NBA is the best league in sports and they have the best commissioner etc. He still loves the game, he still watches as a fan, he just doesn't agree with the policies in place with regards to compensating and taking care of the retired players of the game. Besides that, he works for Turner Sports and not the NBA, so he can cover the league and still have the beliefs that he does about what the league is doing. It's no different than some of the NFL guys on ESPN. A lot of them champion the causes of retired players from the NFL in being better taken care of by the league even though they cover the league for ESPN, who they work for and not the NFL.

# 103 vidgames @ 09/11/15 12:50 AM
Sounds like a solid guy. Quit messing around and put Kevin Calabro in...the former sonic announcer is by far,the best around.

# 104 Cripterion @ 09/11/15 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I really wish people would understand these two just DONT want to be in the game. It's not 2Ks decision, it's Barkley and Miller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mind showing me a quote for that? I'm pretty sure Barkley wants to be in the game if he gets paid good money, he's just a greedy **** that's all.

# 105 vannwolfhawk @ 09/11/15 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Had no clue who Stacey King was. Thought King might have been female so I did a youtube search. People keep hyping up this and that announcer and they never live up to the hype. But Stacey is definitely some funny stuff. But you definitely need a more grounded announcer to balance things out and at least commentate on the action on the court.

Stacey King pure comedy gold.

This made me feel real old for some reason! It reminded me when I was coaching a team a few years back and was teaching them off ball movement and how to come off screens and I used dale Ellis as an example. I saw nothing but blank eyes. I said google it when you get home! Smh

But I've heard and listened to Stacey king on NBA league pass but not a fan. He isn't bad and has some funny stuff but Anthony is a good fit IMO and a smart move.

# 106 noshun @ 09/11/15 03:41 AM
Boo. Doug Collins would've been so much better. Then they could have Dorris Burke and David Aldridge alternate sideline reporting.. You read that Czar, OG, Mike, Rob, JSap, LD, Ronnie....

# 107 23 @ 09/11/15 04:08 AM
Doug is espn

# 108 Gosens6 @ 09/11/15 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripterion
Mind showing me a quote for that? I'm pretty sure Barkley wants to be in the game if he gets paid good money, he's just a greedy **** that's all.

2K staff has been on these boards before and said it themselves ..

Barkley doesn't like the way NBA treats its retired players, so no, not even money will convince chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 109 CSIATKZ @ 09/11/15 06:40 AM
Greg Anthony is a great choice. Just the right guy.

Stacey King? Very annoying.
I can't handle Webber's mood swings and all over happiness.
Doug Collins always sounds like he needs a glass of water.
Barkley is so spontaneous I don't see that coming through in canned commentary.

I would like Hubey Brown too, but he is too much of a basketball-head to work, he is never touching any off-topic themes working at a game.

# 110 blues rocker @ 09/11/15 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Players had COMPLETE body scans into the game. Yes, even legs.
haha...well, i guess that means people can stop complaining about 2k's player models having "cankles" and fat calves. i guess some nba players just have thicker legs than people think.

# 111 DBMcGee3 @ 09/11/15 08:46 AM
Excellent choice, loves me some GA.

# 112 Boilerbuzz @ 09/11/15 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyslexicphish
I was hoping for a new commentary team of Magic and Bill Walton but I guess this will do.

Those two are the WORST! Thank GAWD no.

And a big HELL NO to King. I'm a Bulls fan and even I think he's annoying.

# 113 Boilerbuzz @ 09/11/15 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
haha...well, i guess that means people can stop complaining about 2k's player models having "cankles" and fat calves. i guess some nba players just have thicker legs than people think.

This a hundred times over.

# 114 WaddupCouzin @ 09/11/15 09:13 AM
I wanted C-Webb, but Greg Anthony is a good choice!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

# 115 NastyGT @ 09/11/15 09:21 AM
MY LEAGUE is my favorite mode, I loved Shaq & Ernie before the game (after some games I stopped listetning because of replaying, but it was good to see/hear some buzz before...) and, like everyone NORMAL who likes to play video bball, I really do not care who is with Harlan & Kellog. I`ve never been bothered to hear Kerr and see him on the bench, because i wasn`t bothered WHO is saying what, but immersion in great gameplay. What kind of id...mor...jer...guy you have to be to be bothered by listening Kerr voice and see his virtual doppelganger on virtual bench with virtual players...
I like Kenny Smith added to Shaq & Ernie and like most of normal 2K gamers I am greatful to hear some new lines from some new hooker-loving guy...

# 116 rudeworld @ 09/11/15 09:23 AM
Bring in Clyde Frazier..... (I'm a knick fan) but seriously why not bring in, if where doing 2nd team, the guys from nfl2k they were awesome.

# 117 WaddupCouzin @ 09/11/15 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyGT
MY LEAGUE is my favorite mode, I loved Shaq & Ernie before the game (after some games I stopped listetning because of replaying, but it was good to see/hear some buzz before...) and, like everyone NORMAL who likes to play video bball, I really do not care who is with Harlan & Kellog. I`ve never been bothered to hear Kerr and see him on the bench, because i wasn`t bothered WHO is saying what, but immersion in great gameplay. What kind of id...mor...jer...guy you have to be to be bothered by listening Kerr voice and see his virtual doppelganger on virtual bench with virtual players...
I like Kenny Smith added to Shaq & Ernie and like most of normal 2K gamers I am greatful to hear some new lines from some new hooker-loving guy...
Dude, They all like the the "ladies you have to pay for" he just got caught! Lol. Everyone seems to have forgotten about the Marv Albert scandal about 10 years ago when he was paying for the "pudding" and wearing ladies lingerie! Lol! I realize some of you in the forum are young, but Google it. He had to sit down for a year or so, before he was able to start doing games again.

# 118 rudeworld @ 09/11/15 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
Dude, They all like the the "ladies you have to pay for" he just got caught! Lol. Everyone seems to have forgotten about the Marv Albert scandal about 10 years ago when he was paying for the "pudding" and wearing ladies lingerie! Lol! I realize some of you in the forum are young, but Google it. He had to sit down for a year or so, before he was able to start doing games again.

He was biting them too lol... but sure your right.. if their wasn't a market for hookers then they wouldn't be out there. Also, 100% of us guys have paid for the P one way or another...at least he's not a child molester or a murder.

# 119 jeebs9 @ 09/11/15 11:09 AM
So even after what happen to him. He's back... I guess people make mistakes.

# 120 lakers24 @ 09/11/15 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeworld
Bring in Clyde Frazier..... (I'm a knick fan) but seriously why not bring in, if where doing 2nd team, the guys from nfl2k they were awesome.
I honestly think that's the next logical step. Bringing in voice actors to become a 2nd broadcast team to change it up once in a while. I'd love to have voice actors similar to "Dan Stevens" and "Peter O'Keefe" to mimic local broadcast commentary.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.