Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

The NBA Live 16 demo is available now for Xbox One gamers and is scheduled to release at 1:00 PM ET for PlayStation 4. We will update this post when it officially arrives on the PS Store.

UPDATE: It's now 2:00 PM ET, no sign of the demo on PS4, we will post when it is available.

UPDATE: The NBA Live 16 demo is available now on PS4. Click here if you can't find it.

The demo includes the new LIVE Pro-Am mode, featuring both the competitive LIVE Run and cooperative Summer Circuit. For those of you looking for an offline experience you can play exhibition games in Tip-Off mode. Users can choose from the Cleveland Cavaliers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden St. Warriors, Washington Wizards, Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Clippers. Players can adjust sliders, difficulty level, play up to 12 minute quarters and more. It also includes tutorials.

Download it, play it and post your impressions.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 561 Flightwhite24 @ 09/21/15 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
How did that game feel? I see a little more disparity among the types of shot. Were they pick n pop/roll, catch and shoot, etc? Or were the mid range shots late clock management type shots?

I know that the mid range game is in there somewhere, it just has to be tweaked to get it to come out. That shot chart is better. Thanks for sharing.

For the first time I felt a difference. It felt like the Spurs. A lot of screens, pic n rolls. Felt good to get a better experience than the last few days.

As I mentioned earlier I put this game on Craigslist last night but now I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts after playing 2 games this morning. Reading Playmakers thread and going back over some of the impressions that have been posted has me reconsidering. Im off work today so I'm gonna get in several more games and see what I think/feel at that point. I'm just tired of being burned with EA with the last being Rory PGA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 562 WTF @ 09/21/15 12:27 PM
Glad to hear. I had some convo's over the weekend. The guys are putting in the time and feedback is definitely being listened to.

I look forward to seeing what you think after while. That's the type of games that I was having. Quick ball movement, using some crazy nice touch passes, etc.

# 563 The 24th Letter @ 09/21/15 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
The Spurs shot about 12.38 16-23 foot shots per game. I could 11 in your shot chart in 8 minute quarters. This might be a problem, but this is not a good example.

Spurs shot distribution in 2014-2015:

Don't know how Pop is going to use LMA yet, but I'd bet the farm this number will be rising with him on the team...

# 564 mrprice33 @ 09/21/15 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Don't know how Pop is going to use LMA yet, but I'd bet the farm this number will be rising with him on the team...

Those elbow shots are definitely going to go up, that's for sure. I think that's a place Live ignores. Teams shoot a bunch of shots from the elbows.

# 565 Playmakers @ 09/21/15 12:37 PM
I witnessed kevin durant take 8 mid range shots by himself for okc late lastnight.

The problem was he seemed to be the only guy on thunder taking those shots.

I've began to experiment with dunk frequency at 0 and set all perimeter defenders to high pressure

My next step is to figure out this jostle vs blow by slider it is huge this year for perimeter defense and could be used as a tool impede drivers and force more mid range shots if they can't get all the way to the rack

There's also some plays that seem to favor shots coming from the mid range area if we could customize and save playbooks for the cpu that might also help with shot distribution

# 566 vidgames @ 09/21/15 03:34 PM
Why is all star difficulty harder than superstar? Last year had the same issue...all star actually plays a pretty good game of basketball while superstar difficulty is horrible.

# 567 seemoe @ 09/21/15 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
Why is all star difficulty harder than superstar? Last year had the same issue...all star actually plays a pretty good game of basketball while superstar difficulty is horrible.
noticed this as well

# 568 Calvenn @ 09/21/15 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seemoe
noticed this as well

Last year I observed that the higher the difficulty the more competent your cpu teammates became. Basically it allowed for more effective assistance from cpu teammates (e.g., rebounding, blocking, stealing) in these modes, especially Superstar. Not sure if it's the same this year.

# 569 The 24th Letter @ 09/21/15 09:31 PM
The paint defense in this game needs to be the #1 priority going forward....I don't feel like the physics system in place actually governs any outcomes. It makes for some cool replays with arms interlocking and body reactions.....but it feels like a crapshoot trying to defend the paint. So much whiffed contact and disregard for positioning.

Bogut/ Adams/ Gortat euro stepping into the lane and actually converting buckets is frustrating

# 570 MrStriker815 @ 09/22/15 10:38 AM
When does Ea access release their games? Wednesday night or Thursday?

# 571 pdawg17 @ 09/22/15 11:15 AM
Will "Day 1" patch be available when EA Access starts?

# 572 mrprice33 @ 09/22/15 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
Will "Day 1" patch be available when EA Access starts?
It should be.

# 573 pdawg17 @ 09/22/15 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
It should be.
I really hope so as if the point is to give people a full experience for 10 hours hoping to hook people it would make sense to have the best playing game possible...

# 574 Playmakers @ 09/22/15 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by king doe
was this cpu vs cpu or user vs cpu, because with cpu vs cpu on pro difficulty and ea broadcast cam guys like rose, butler, curry, tompson, durant, westbrook, james and irving take plenty of midrange shots whether its off stepbacks pull ups, off picks, off curls, off the catch, the whole nine.
User vs cpu

But i play defense similiar to coach mode because i don't switch players which might explain why i see some of those midrange shots.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with this day one patch

# 575 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/22/15 05:12 PM
How do I do put back dunks like the CPU

# 576 seemoe @ 09/22/15 07:02 PM
http://imgur.com/QURH8Gr

just got this update

# 577 The 24th Letter @ 09/22/15 07:05 PM
Quote:

just got this update

No one cares about you and your fancy full game...

Lol, let us know what you see mab

# 578 pdawg17 @ 09/22/15 07:31 PM
Quote:

just got this update
Hmmm...Day 1 patch maybe? Yes let us know what you see...

# 579 Mintsa @ 09/23/15 01:48 AM
So I see my 5-9, 180 pound pg is like a needle in a haystack in pro-am.....lol.

# 580 The 24th Letter @ 09/23/15 07:45 AM
It's weird that I never see anyone else rated 80 online. Do you guys? I'm currently at 80 with my post scoring center.

I have to say man, Pro Am made me late this morning...you find the right group of guys and it is a LOT of fun.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.