Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

WWE 2K16 will feature the largest roster ever and also include the most divas on the roster. Unfortunately, the Four Horsewomen will not be available in the game or as a DLC. Read the full details here.

Here is the full list of divas in WWE 2K16:
  • Alicia Fox
  • Brie Bella
  • Cameron
  • Emma
  • Eva Marie
  • Layla
  • Naomi
  • Natalya
  • Nikki Bella
  • Paige
  • Stephanie McMahon
  • Summer Rae
  • Tamina Snuka
WWE 2K16 ships on October 27 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 BDKiiing @ 09/24/15 11:49 AM
I find it implausible and hard to believe they "forgot" to take Charlotte's shirt out. There is no way I'll believe it was 2K's call to not put them in. If the dev team is any good, they'd know who is popular and who is not. WWE is the party who's delusional and out of touch. I'll sell on 2K being the culprit.

# 82 aholbert32 @ 09/24/15 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
I find it implausible and hard to believe they "forgot" to take Charlotte's shirt out. There is no way I'll believe it was 2K's call to not put them in. If the dev team is any good, they'd know who is popular and who is not. WWE is the party who's delusional and out of touch. I'll sell on 2K being the culprit.

Why would WWE not want them in the game? All four of them are currently getting a push and are in the good graces of WWE. Including them next year isn't going to significantly increase sales of the game. The NXT 4 aren't going to be on the cover of the game. The WWE has no reason to keep them off of the game.

Also the video you are referencing was from months ago and likely an old build of the game. Like I said, Charlotte could've been considered for the game at that point and that's why the shirt was in the game

# 83 BDKiiing @ 09/24/15 02:40 PM
Why would 2K not want them in? WWE knows they'll get sales regardless. This years push for fans of the current product is career/NXT presence. Next year will be the debut of the Divas career mode with the NXT 4 being a big focus, I'd place that bet right now. WWE is petty like that, that they'd pull them from the game. They wouldn't let 2K put Cody Rhodes in the game.

# 84 aholbert32 @ 09/24/15 03:14 PM
Quote:
Why would 2K not want them in? WWE knows they'll get sales regardless. This years push for fans of the current product is career/NXT presence. Next year will be the debut of the Divas career mode with the NXT 4 being a big focus, I'd place that bet right now. WWE is petty like that, that they'd pull them from the game. They wouldn't let 2K put Cody Rhodes in the game.
I didnt say 2k didnt want them in. I think they do want them in but because of a lack of time and manpower made them decide to leave them out. They also didnt think that the backlash would be this big. They explained that adding a wrestler has a long creative and approval process and they likely locked the roster 3-4 months ago.

4 months ago leaving out Sasha/Becky/Charlotte/Bayley wouldve been disappointing but the majority of WWE fans wouldnt have cared that much. The majority of WWE fans dont watch NXT. Now its a disaster because 3 of the 4 are getting a huge push on Raw and Smackdown.

Also, you arent explaining why WWE would be "petty" especially to Sasha and Charlotte? Using your reasoning, WWE says "Lets give Charlotte the Divas championship and have Sasha become the first women to headline an NXT major event.....but **** that they arent appearing in the video game!"

How does that make sense?

Then Cody Rhodes thing isnt even comparable. Do you see any other active WWE wrestlers with their old gimmicks in the game. I dont see two Damien Sandows (One with him as a scholar). I dont see 2 Big Es (before he was with the New Day) either.

WWE wants people to focus on the current gimmicks not old ones. Thats not petty. The only people with their past gimmicks are people who are either retired or a part of the Stone Cold mode.

# 85 BDKiiing @ 09/24/15 03:24 PM
WWE is petty, and could have pulled them so they can use them as a marketing point for next year. And the amount of people who are divas fans is a small minority anyways. September 2014 at Takeover Bayley faced off with Charlotte. the December 2014 Takeover was when Charlotte and Sasha had their title bout, the same PPV Owens debuted at. They had the same amount of time to get Balor, Owens, Enzo, Cass, Corbin, and the Vaudevillians into the game as the NXT ladies. The Cody Rhodes point was just to show WWE has the last say on the roster and who's included. 2K wanted him in for the versatility, I get WWE wanting to stick to current gimmicks.

I just don't buy that 2K didn't have enough time to get them in. I'll stand by WWE didn't approve them to be in. And next year they'll use them as a selling point with the debuting women's career mode.

# 86 aholbert32 @ 09/24/15 03:33 PM
Quote:
WWE is petty, and could have pulled them so they can use them as a marketing point for next year. And the amount of people who are divas fans is a small minority anyways. September 2014 at Takeover Bayley faced off with Charlotte. the December 2014 Takeover was when Charlotte and Sasha had their title bout, the same PPV Owens debuted at. They had the same amount of time to get Balor, Owens, Enzo, Cass, Corbin, and the Vaudevillians into the game as the NXT ladies. The Cody Rhodes point was just to show WWE has the last say on the roster and who's included. 2K wanted him in for the versatility, I get WWE wanting to stick to current gimmicks.

I just don't buy that 2K didn't have enough time to get them in. I'll stand by WWE didn't approve them to be in. And next year they'll use them as a selling point with the debuting women's career mode.
You dont get how this works though. WWE doesnt come to 2k with marketing ideas or feature sets for future games.....2k comes to the WWE with that.

WWE didnt say to 2k this year "We want to do a mode featuring Stone Cold's career". 2k did that. They come up with the feature set and marketing plan and WWE approves it. Same with every other sports game from Madden to UFC to NBA2k.

So your "WWE pulled them as a marketing point for next year" makes no sense at all.

To your other points: 2k knew that people wanted NXT in the game. They just thought people would care more about the NXT guys than the girls.

# 87 sirjam @ 09/25/15 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I will still buy because I need a wrestling game. LOL. But I completely agree that is unacceptable for these 4 women to not be in the game. I could understand it if they signed around the time that the roster had to be finalized, but where they have been signed for a while it is unacceptable.
Exactly. I still don't see why they made the announcement they wouldn't be dlc either. That's really unacceptable and the straw that broke the camels back for me

# 88 woody2goody @ 09/25/15 07:15 AM
Everyone possible should be in. End of story. WWE continues to show that they don't care about the fans.

I'm still buying because I don't use the women a great deal, but I would definitely have used Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha and Becky.

The roster is great, but those 4, plus Joe, Rhyno, BAMF witj Los Matadores and Strowman as DLC would make it complete and brilliant. As it stands the roster is 8/10 where it could have been 10.

Hopefully DLC will give us some nice surprises.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

# 89 aholbert32 @ 09/25/15 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Exactly. I still don't see why they made the announcement they wouldn't be dlc either. That's really unacceptable and the straw that broke the camels back for me
DLC is already decided and created around the time the roster is locked. If they didnt make the announcement people wouldve said that they intentionally withheld that info to make people buy the game.

# 90 King_B_Mack @ 09/25/15 08:51 PM
I mean....to be fair about the whole situation. People on these forums were still talking about women's wrestling in the context of taking a piss break and not giving a damn about that portion of the product during some of the live Raw threads before this whole "divas revolution" stuff when some of us were calling for giving the ladies more time and calling up Sasha, Charlotte, etc. That was around the time the roster was probably being finalized and yet now people are throwing bitch fits about them not being in the game?

Given the nature of WWE programming at the time and the general sentiments about women's wrestling from a very loud portion of the interwebs I don't think 2K really underestimated the popularity of Sasha/Charlotte/Becky/etc so much as they couldn't predict the future that WWE would suddenly decide to give a damn about them and really push them this year.

# 91 giantsharks @ 10/01/15 06:46 PM
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/6257...removable-more

so it looks like this one is on 2k not the WWE. They made it seem like it was more WWEs doing but this Q&A shows that they didnt have time.

# 92 giantsharks @ 10/01/15 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I mean....to be fair about the whole situation. People on these forums were still talking about women's wrestling in the context of taking a piss break and not giving a damn about that portion of the product during some of the live Raw threads before this whole "divas revolution" stuff when some of us were calling for giving the ladies more time and calling up Sasha, Charlotte, etc. That was around the time the roster was probably being finalized and yet now people are throwing bitch fits about them not being in the game?

Given the nature of WWE programming at the time and the general sentiments about women's wrestling from a very loud portion of the interwebs I don't think 2K really underestimated the popularity of Sasha/Charlotte/Becky/etc so much as they couldn't predict the future that WWE would suddenly decide to give a damn about them and really push them this year.
I respectfully disagree. They put every diva that was on the main roster in the game including Alicia Fox,i think they got that people wanted womens wrestling. Sasha Banks and Charlotte were tearing down the house a couple months before wrestlemania 31. I would say september of 2014 is when they got really hot and in December 2014 sasha and charlotte had a classic match. By mania that year they were on fire in nxt. if baron corbin is in the game then sasha and charlotte should be in the game, they have been and still are more over then him

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.