Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Visual Concepts Community Managers Ronnie Singh and Chris Manning just finished streaming some head-to-head gameplay of NBA 2K16 on the company's official Twitch channel. Their match between the Los Angeles Lakers and Toronto Raptors was played on Superstar difficulty and default Simulation sliders.

If you didn't get to see the event live, click here to start watching the archive. The actual broadcast starts at timestamp 5:46. If you don't want to spend an hour-and-a-half watching the whole show, here is all of the new information that was announced:

Notes
  • NBA 2K16's Play Now leaderboards will reward users who don't always pick the most talented teams. Previously, the leaderboards were mostly just determined by total wins and total losses.

• NBA 2K16's online servers will be turned on "late tomorrow."

• The "Momentous" trailer will be officially released tomorrow afternoon.
My Career
  • All existing NBA 2K16 My Career save files will be deleted from the 2K servers sometime tomorrow.

• My Career will once again have unlockable endorsements from actual companies like Kia and Gatorade.
Gameplay
  • You can now select which side of the on-ball defender's body your screener will come to.

• The ball handler will have access to four signature dribbles by holding down the R2 button.

• Prerecorded player interviews will occasionally be shown during stoppages in play.

• There are new shooting follow-through animations that give you natural visual feedback on whether or not you're taking good/bad shots, which is helpful if you like to have the shot meter disabled.

• The new defensive meter will light up whenever you are in a good position to contest a shot.

• Manual instant replays now have several new options that are designed to help NBA 2K's video editing community.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 The 24th Letter @ 09/24/15 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Next year, I would like to see some sequential breakdown of the action. Tell us what happen during the early part of the first quarter, midway and latter half of the first quarter. Any important runs, gameplay moments (i.e. if Klay Thompson goes off for 37 points in a quarter, let's talk about that; Steph Curry breaks another 3 point record, let's talk about that, etc.). Present the quarters in a way that gives the gamer an idea of what happened had s/he not played/nor watched the 1st and 2nd quarters.

You heard a bit of this during the Kenny Smith trailer. Don't know how consistent it is though...

Liked a lot of what I saw from the stream..

I do know one thing...Scola needs to calm his *** down...my man was celebrating way too hard...

It was dope how they all patted him on the back when he came back to the bench though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 42 swac07 @ 09/24/15 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Ticket
Still nothing done to last second shot situations, treated by the AI as a normal possession...very disappointing.
maybe im misunderstanding you(if so my bad), but you do know this is user vs user?

# 43 Wolf Ticket @ 09/24/15 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
maybe im misunderstanding you, but you do know this is user vs user?
Should be able to set up a play from the time-out and the players should come out of those time-outs in position from the jump (this was possible in previous games), calling a play from the in-bound waste time and therefore the play can't completely develop,...teams coming out of time-outs in these situations with no play or purpose usually results in a bad shot (LD2k's leaning 30ft'er in this case) and isn't authentic.

# 44 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/24/15 05:52 AM
But it was user vs user lol if the user didn't set up a play then what you're talking about can't happen .

Most of time from my experience users just go ISO or pick and roll for a last shot . Even the occasional alley oop from the inbound

# 45 swac07 @ 09/24/15 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
But it was user vs user lol if the user didn't set up a play then what you're talking about can't happen .

Most of time from my experience users just go ISO or pick and roll for a last shot . Even the occasional alley oop from the inbound

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 46 Guard-ian @ 09/24/15 06:01 AM
I didn't like the pace of the game, way too fast again...

I can see the same 2k legacy issues, too easy and too rewarding to run, that's how Ronnie won the game in fact, you don't need Basketball strategy to win in this series, you just have to up your pace and take advantage of the deficient defensive balance...

Cheers!

# 47 Kstat @ 09/24/15 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
I didn't like the pace of the game, way too fast again...

I can see the same 2k legacy issues, too easy and too rewarding to run, that's how Ronnie won the game in fact, you don't need Basketball strategy to win in this series, you just have to up your pace and take advantage of the deficient defensive balance...

Cheers!
Bad offense should lead to easy baskets. That's not a problem with the game, it's a problem with the player. That's how actual basketball works. Bad offense leads to easy fast breaks.

If you're looking for a game where you can chuck up a bad shot with 2 on the shot clock and not expect to get the ball run down your throat, you need to check yourself before blaming the game.

Preventing fast breaks is about what you do on offense, not what you do on defense. Learning the difference between a good shot and a bad one puts your defense in better position to get back on D in the event of a miss.

# 48 Guard-ian @ 09/24/15 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstat
Bad offense should lead to easy baskets. That's not a problem with the game, it's a problem with the player. That's how actual basketball works. Bad offense leads to easy fast breaks.

If you're looking for a game where you can chuck up a bad shot with 2 on the shot clock and not expect to get the ball run down your throat, you need to check yourself before blaming the game.
Yes, you are right, I know basketball, but the problem with 2k is that fast breaks are too easy... period! Ronnie just had to up the pace and could score at will.

Defensive balance in transition has been a big issue with this game since I can remenber... and still there... I mean, it is not enough balanced.

First thing I will do when I will play tonight is to change the POE to prime the defense over the offensive rebounding and will see what happen. Last year it did not make too much of a difference. If I am wrong, and it really counts with this 2k16, I will let you know... ;-)

# 49 Wolf Ticket @ 09/24/15 06:16 AM
Quote:

It looked just like 2k15 for a last seconds, do or die shot treated as nothing special, regular possession...how about a little section in the time out menus for those last second shot plays...every team has them and practices them.

Of course people just go ISO/pick 'n' roll/oop...that's all they're limited to, out of bounds plays don't work.

# 50 Kstat @ 09/24/15 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
Yes, you are right, I know basketball, but the problem with 2k is that fast breaks are too easy... period! Ronnie just had to up the pace and could score at will.

Defensive balance in transition has been a big issue with this game since I can remenber... and still there... I mean, it is not enough balanced. ;-)
Not saying transition D isn't a legacy problem for 2K, but that game did nothing to prove it exists in 2K16. LD2K took nothing but horrible shots the entire game. A better player would have run him out of the gym by 30 points and he would have deserved it.

# 51 Guard-ian @ 09/24/15 06:22 AM
Quote:
Not saying transition D isn't a legacy problem for 2K, but that game did nothing to prove it exists in 2K16. LD2K took nothing but horrible shots the entire game. A better player would have run him out of the gym by 30 points and he would have deserved it.
It didn't prove the opposite either, so I can not get away from the impression that the issue is still there...

Cheers! ;-)

# 52 MarkWilliam @ 09/24/15 06:35 AM
I view these streams (LD vs Ronnie) as the "IGN Review" of streams haha.... take some cosmetic stuff from it but don't over analyse it.

Should've pitted Big Czar vs OG

Offense vs Defense!

That I would've taken a 90 minute lunch break for...... haha.

# 53 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/24/15 06:52 AM
Quote:
It looked just like 2k15 for a last seconds, do or die shot treated as nothing special, regular possession...how about a little section in the time out menus for those last second shot plays...every team has them and practices them.

Of course people just go ISO/pick 'n' roll/oop...that's all they're limited to, out of bounds plays don't work.

I don't think they don't work people just don't care to use them . I know I don't lol all you need is for you to manually use someone to get open when inbounding and the rest is up to you .

# 54 Wolf Ticket @ 09/24/15 07:36 AM
Quote:
I don't think they don't work people just don't care to use them . I know I don't lol
I tried using out of bounds plays...i'm telling you they don't work.

Quote:
all you need is for you to manually use someone to get open when inbounding and the rest is up to you .
I'm not complaining about the difficulty, I know how it currently works, my complaint is that it isn't realistic.

# 55 Taer @ 09/24/15 07:56 AM
Quote:
I tried using out of bounds plays...i'm telling you they don't work.
Just a FYI: Da_Czar said he specifically put plays named .03 second plays or sumsuch which were meant to address the inbounds and late-clock timeout plays.

My suggestion would be to purposefully try these in 2K16 and then write a specific critique about these types of plays so he can get valid feedback for next year.

Our hope would be that these are enough to address the situation but they might need tweaking during the year. These plays should be tweakable without the need of patches.

# 56 redsox4evur @ 09/24/15 10:04 AM
Quote:
LD2K took those shots because OSers told him to chuck it with Kobe and see if it mattered, as shown below. Haven't watched the stream, but it seemed like it did. Go look in the thread 23 created that discussed this stream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Spam the bricks with Kobe

We need to know that rating is not bias

Let us see some of the new replay system

# 57 Taer @ 09/24/15 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
LD2K took those shots because OSers told him to chuck it with Kobe and see if it mattered. Haven't watched the stream, but it seemed like it did. Go look in the thread 23 created that discussed this stream.
Exactly. I have to give LD2K credit here, he really tried to show that even casuals like Ronnie will be able to beat cheesheads this year.

LD2K really tried to show us stuff we asked to see in this Stream. Kudos to him/

# 58 Junior Moe @ 09/24/15 10:14 AM
I'm really feeling the player movement this year. This presentation package is insane, too. I love the videos playing on the court before tipoff. I wanted TNT before but I think I'll be fine with the "2K Sports Network" if they continue to push the envelop the way they are. They have sit down player interviews for goodness sake!

# 59 scottyp180 @ 09/24/15 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
I view these streams (LD vs Ronnie) as the "IGN Review" of streams haha.... take some cosmetic stuff from it but don't over analyse it.

Should've pitted Big Czar vs OG

Offense vs Defense!

That I would've taken a 90 minute lunch break for...... haha.
Good point. It is hard to really get a feel for a game, especially a sports game, when it is user vs user. It comes down to play style. You can get two "sim" players to play the game, hell they could play 2k15 or 2k14, and make the game look realistic.

Luckily most of us will have the game in our hands Either by midnight tonight or tomorrow so we can make our own impressions or at least read the impressions from those that do own the game.

# 60 lkasprzak @ 09/24/15 01:06 PM
The game is looking AWESOME!!! Look on this smooth animations :P physical game is brutal :P

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.