Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Madden NFL 16 title update #2 is available now for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It includes improvements and fixes to gameplay, Connected Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team, and more. Check out the details below.

GAMEPLAY
  • Addressed issue where if a team called a time out on the safety punt, they would then be able to kick a regular kickoff
  • Addressed issue where sometimes a defender would have a poor pursuit angle toward the ball carrier if the ball carrier was breaking a tackle during a catch
  • Addressed issue where sometimes defensive linemen would freeze for the remainder of the play after being knocked to the ground
  • Addressed issue where the defense would not adjust alignment if the CPU controlled offensive team enacted a concept audible
  • Updated Individual Coverage adjustments to not only affect the pre-snap shading but also the post play leverage technique
  • Addressed issue where adjusting the ZONE shading would have an effect on the defenders drop location instead of just the leverage technique
  • Addressed issue where cancelling a PA Fake would allow for a 1-step drop on certain plays
  • Addressed issue where the game clock would be restarted of a declined penalty after an incomplete pass
  • Addressed issue where safeties in Cover 4 Deep assignments were reacting to run too quickly
CONNECTED FRANCHISE
  • Addressed issue where defensive holding slider would reset when exiting the screen
  • Addressed issue where accelerated clock would not work in H2H CFM games
  • Addressed issue where visual feedback settings were pulling from the user’s profile instead of league settings
  • Addressed issue where some settings would carry back to the FE after playing a CFM game
  • Addressed issue where the CPU would retain an empty roster spot when simming to the regular season when there is a player on Injured Reserve (note: changes aren’t reflected until after your current season is finished)
  • Addressed issue where the user could not sort player while in the Fantasy draft board
  • Removed Kick Return as a scoutable trait (note: changes won’t be reflected until after your current season is finished)
  • CFM Trade tuning
  • Addressed issue in CFM H2H where uniforms would change back to default home/away even after changing them in the team select screen
  • Addressed a rare issue that caused some Franchise files to be corrupted, preventing players from accessing their CFM (note: this won’t repair already corrupted files, and only prevents future occurrences)
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
  • MUT Play a Friend quarter length boosted to four minutes from two minutes
  • In MUT H2H Seasons and Draft Champions H2H Draft, terminating the game during the load screen will give the quitter a loss and the opponent a win. In MUT, Contracts will still be removed.
OTHER
  • Play Now games were using regular season overtime rules rather than playoff overtime rules (removed possibility for ties)
  • Addressed issue in online games where the defensive timer would run out during a pause causing the game to auto pick the defensive play
  • Addressed over 100 general bug and stability issues
Source - EA Sports

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 421 mestevo @ 10/05/15 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asandique
I see my questions went unnoticed lol. How much different is the game if you reinstall it cuz im already getting good games!
IMO much of the uninstall/reinstall/etc stuff is placebo. If you are getting good games ignore stuff like the last page or so.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

# 422 jfsolo @ 10/05/15 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
IMO much of the uninstall/reinstall/etc stuff is placebo. If you are getting good games ignore stuff like the last page or so.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's why I just don't argue with people about all that stuff and just have fun playing the game.

# 423 roadman @ 10/05/15 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue21
And there are others telling you thats its still not playable or enjoyable.
If you look through the forum there are post detailing the bugs still in CFM.

So to me and many others that not neither enjoyable or playable.

BUT

Like I said if you like sub par or average and you think thats great, then by all means have fun.

Also like you told me to look back at my original post (which I did) and I started off by disputing another posters claim that this was the best Madden ever from top to bottom.

Heres another issue: I just finished playing a game (H2H) in which I'm blowing out the guy 35-3 and guess what...... A network timeout, the game freezes and I get hit with the loss LoL I can't make this up.

Ive got about 10 L's from that. And its not my internet connection. I have the best that TW provides and no other game has this issue..
I think it's the best Madden game play wise, all around, heck no, CFM needs some serious overhauling and more immersion.

Look, you don't need to chime in with your condescending attitude, either. People play or don't play Madden for various personal reasons which you and I don't have a clue about.

I'm not denying there aren't issues fixed in CFM, but you came in with guns blazin' stating that CFM was broken.

All I'm saying is that there were some fixes applied to CFM and there might be more in the next patch. They aren't done patching.

This won't help CFM for this year, but based on what Rex Dickson mentioned in an interview 6 weeks ago, CFM appears to be a priority.

There is some hope.

# 424 blue21 @ 10/05/15 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Look, you don't need to chime in with your condescending attitude, either. People play or don't play Madden for various personal reasons which you and I don't have a clue about.
So first you have a problem because I posted in bold (which is an option for us here) Just click on the capital "B"

Now you're telling me how my attitude should be when I post. So you assumed I had an attitude because I don't agree with you? Sounds like a personal issue to me, especially when YOURE THE ONE WHO REPLIED TO ME smh...

The last time I checked this is a forum where you can discuss your likes and dislikes about the game. In a tactful manner in which I have. I guess you'll be upset because I made "smh" in italic lol.

And whatever reason people may play Madden or not, Im voicing my opinion and concerns and from the looks of it many others have too, which last time I checked was allowed on this forum as long as its constructive..

Heres a refernce post for you: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-incoming.html

# 425 BlackBetty15 @ 10/05/15 10:02 PM
Quote:
Not saying your wrong at all... BUT the simple fact that we have to do all of this just for the game to MAYBE work properly is stupid. Then when I do all of this the same bugs I addressed earlier will still be in the game.

Also doesn't the game tuner automatically load when you turn the game on?
How do you turn it off?
Also if I delete the game that means my custom playbook will be deleted also right?

Another question. What if Im playing online H2H and I did exactly what you said as far as deleting the game but lets say my opponent didn't. Wouldn't that affect our game?

See none of this makes any sense to me... Which is part of the reason I haven't played Madden in almost two weeks..

It reminds me an old show called Sanford and Son. Everytime Fred Sanford would open his drawer he would have to bang on the table, knock 3 times, do a shoe shuffle and etc just to get the drawer to open properly lol

Oh how I wish the people who created NBA2k series could also do football
I get the frustrations man...I do...all I gave was a solution. If I buy a dodge hellcat, and I find out that I have to bring it back two weeks later to get the ECU (CPU switch for car) updated so that I can get my full 700hp...I am good. The hellcat still rocks 500hp without that switch so really I can wait for my full toy. Same here. You bought the game...until EA starts from a brand new drawing board *which they wont) cap happens. The bad part is...the game changers and testers are a joke. I would fly myself down to florida...pay for food and lodging...just to do it because that's what's breaking the feel good story here.

# 426 roadman @ 10/05/15 10:17 PM
And look what happens when you assume.....

And a return reference for you:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-service.html

Conduct
Every member on this site will be held responsible for their behavior towards others. On this site you will treat other members in a respectful and courteous manner.

This statement wasn't necessary at all:

BUT

Like I said if you like sub par or average and you think thats great, then by all means have fun. Tactful? Really?

And the last sentence was real tactful referencing the forum constructive post.

It's not worth going back and forth, agree to disagree and move on and let the thread breathe more.

I'm not the only one enjoying CFM after patch #2 and you aren't the only one stating that CFM is unplayable and broken for you.

Hoping we can agree on that.

# 427 bkrich83 @ 10/05/15 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And look what happens when you assume.....

And a return reference for you:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-service.html

Conduct
Every member on this site will be held responsible for their behavior towards others. On this site you will treat other members in a respectful and courteous manner.

This statement wasn't necessary at all:

BUT

Like I said if you like sub par or average and you think thats great, then by all means have fun. Tactful? Really?

And the last sentence was real tactful referencing the forum constructive post.

It's not worth going back and forth, agree to disagree and move on and let the thread breathe more.

I'm not the only one enjoying CFM after patch #2 and you aren't the only one stating that CFM is unplayable and broken for you.

Hoping we can agree on that.
Ignore him. He came here for one reason and it wasn't to be tactful or to discuss the game reasonably. Just move on. He's simply repeated issues he's read here and I question whether he's has any practical experience with these "bugs".

Signed up in July? 50 bucks says he's a PBU as his post habits match what they usually do. Put him on ignore and keep playing for as long as the game gives you enjoyment.

# 428 redsox4evur @ 10/05/15 10:26 PM
I just want to say CFM is NOT broken or unplayable. The game doesn't freeze or crash when you play it, right? Therefore, it is playable and not broken. It is the way some of us want it to play, yes and no. As Roadman said people are fine with the patches and some don't like the way it plays like blue. But the mode IS PLAYABLE!!! There is a difference between broken/unplayable and the mode being SIM like, I would imagine, Blue wants.

# 429 deezycobain @ 10/05/15 10:59 PM
been playing great games since patch#2 have had a mix of wins and losses on default all pro which is great.. although the run game seems a bit difficult im probably just needing to re adapt.

i was really hoping that the ridell 360 helmets would be fixed and in CFM after this patch but i guess it hasnt been addressed? i havent seen anyone bring it up yet
anyway still loving the game, AND HOW QUICKLY they are working out patches this year. Finally have them pushin for us wether its a little at a time or not im happy with it

# 430 roadman @ 10/06/15 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Ignore him. He came here for one reason and it wasn't to be tactful or to discuss the game reasonably. Just move on. He's simply repeated issues he's read here and I question whether he's has any practical experience with these "bugs".

Signed up in July? 50 bucks says he's a PBU as his post habits match what they usually do. Put him on ignore and keep playing for as long as the game gives you enjoyment.
Yep, was already under all those considerations.

# 431 GrayDawg @ 10/06/15 02:03 AM
Just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I think this is the best Madden by far gameplay wise and haven't had this much fun since Madden 05. A lot of times over the years the Madden problems have led me to stop playing after about 6 months but this year I can see myself playing the entire year.

Also want to point out if you have a concern or question you can always send a message on rex's twitter and communicate that. I have done so a few times related to CFM.

# 432 Sausage @ 10/06/15 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Just food for thought... In the computer world it is never a good idea to install an update over another update. That said uninstalling the game and reinstalling from scratch has produced amazing results for me. I am still not playing with the tuner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would this by any chance delete any in game progress for MUT or CFM?

Thanks

# 433 Sausage @ 10/06/15 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Just food for thought... In the computer world it is never a good idea to install an update over another update. That said uninstalling the game and reinstalling from scratch has produced amazing results for me. I am still not playing with the tuner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another question; have you had any freezing issues since your deletion and reinstalling of the game?

# 434 tubaSimulator @ 10/06/15 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Another question; have you had any freezing issues since your deletion and reinstalling of the game?
I experienced freezing once before the 2nd patch came out in my very limited play time. After the patch came out I uninstalled and reinstalled and have put in far more hours lately and it has never frozen once so far.

# 435 bcruise @ 10/06/15 04:18 PM
CPU scramblers can definitely scramble post-patch, post tuner. Check out Kap here - if anything he might be going too much, lol. This is completely unedited video btw - all happened in one possession.

I made two slider tweaks related to QB's off the default All-Pro - user Pass coverage down to 25 and cpu accuracy to 25 to compensate for it (it's kind of a test, I'm not necessarily going to use those values). And in general I'm seeing much better QB play out of the CPU - not just the scramblers. The logic is that Pass Coverage affects the secondary's ability BEFORE the ball is thrown, and therefore can affect the QB's decision making as well. I kind of felt like something might have been bugging out the AI when all receivers were too tightly covered, hence this tweak. So far it's working better than I imagined, for both pocket passers and scramblers. Fewer sacks, more rushes from scrambles and just better decision making in general.

It's still WIP, but I feel like I might be on to something here (and I don't go in the slider threads much so I apologize if someone else already had this idea). I feel like I'd have to do something to slow down the offense with coverage lowered that much (Brady or Peyton will SHRED this coverage), but it's a start, at least.

# 436 eastcoast49ers @ 10/06/15 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
CPU scramblers can definitely scramble post-patch, post tuner. Check out Kap here - if anything he might be going too much, lol. This is completely unedited video btw - all happened in one possession.

I made two slider tweaks related to QB's off the default All-Pro - user Pass coverage down to 25 and cpu accuracy to 25 to compensate for it (it's kind of a test, I'm not necessarily going to use those values). And in general I'm seeing much better QB play out of the CPU - not just the scramblers. The logic is that Pass Coverage affects the secondary's ability BEFORE the ball is thrown, and therefore can affect the QB's decision making as well. I kind of felt like something might have been bugging out the AI when all receivers were too tightly covered, hence this tweak. So far it's working better than I imagined, for both pocket passers and scramblers. Fewer sacks, more rushes from scrambles and just better decision making in general.

It's still WIP, but I feel like I might be on to something here (and I don't go in the slider threads much so I apologize if someone else already had this idea). I feel like I'd have to do something to slow down the offense with coverage lowered that much (Brady or Peyton will SHRED this coverage), but it's a start, at least.

That video looks exactly like the bug/glitch that was occurring with the tuner after patch #1 where QB's would get a mega speed boost while scrambling out of the pocket. Kap takes off at mega speed in that first scramble. I haven't seen that since patch #2

# 437 booker21 @ 10/06/15 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
That video looks exactly like the bug/glitch that was occurring with the tuner after patch #1 where QB's would get a mega speed boost while scrambling out of the pocket. Kap takes off at mega speed in that first scramble. I haven't seen that since patch #2

I'm seeing this every now and then. I don't think the patch or tuner had something to do with it. I'm still seeing it. But is not that common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 438 B_T_33 @ 10/07/15 12:22 AM
Has it been proven that you do not need to start a new franchise after downloading update? I see everyone saying they started over again after the patch.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

# 439 Mizzou24 @ 10/07/15 09:51 AM
Quote:
LOL you're kidding right?

What about these issues that still aren't addressed:

Draft Classes with unbelievable speeds compared to the players already on the game.

Off. Linemen regress way too fast

Sim a game and look at the ridiculous stats scores

Some injured players NEVER recovering from injuries

All of those bugs have been in the game since it came out and still haven't been addressed

If you're on ps4 and want realistic speeds for all players I've made a roster which you can find in the roster section it fixes these issues with draft classes and wide outs/HBs being screwed in the base roster. I don't follow EAs rating updates though I do my own so things might be a little different. I also only update player ratings every 4 weeks because one week updates is just too little evaluation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 440 Moegames @ 10/07/15 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asandique
I see my questions went unnoticed lol. How much different is the game if you reinstall it cuz im already getting good games!
You know that old saying, "if it ain't broke, dont fix it" ...dude just go with what you are doing now..enjoying the game like many of us, don't fall into this "putting a game under a microscope" like some do around here, you will lose many many hours (even years) of enjoying this game and others!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.