Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

2K has just revealed details on the downloadable content offerings, Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Editions for WWE 2K16 on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. Make sure to check out the trailer here.

The downloadable content offerings will include a story-driven 2K Showcase surrounding the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2015 inductees; access to new moves, unlockable content, player progression; and a wealth of playable WWE Legends and WWE and NXT® Superstars. The individual content packages will begin releasing in late 2015, with some packages releasing in early 2016.

Quote:
“WWE 2K16 will deliver a unique and extensive selection of downloadable content spanning WWE’s past and present, including the 2015 WWE Hall of Fame-inspired 2K Showcase, a solid offering of new in-game moves and a wide variety of playable WWE and NXT talent,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “Complementing WWE 2K16’s largest roster in the series’ history, this year’s content offerings provide fans with an all-encompassing WWE experience at an excellent value.”

Accelerator
  • Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);
  • The Accelerator will be available for a suggested price of $1.99.
MyPlayer KickStart (PS4™ system and Xbox One Exclusive)
  • Players will gain instant access to boost created Superstar ratings and attributes in the game’s MyCareer mode;
  • MyPlayer KickStart will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
Legends Pack
  • Playable WWE Legends: Big Boss Man, Dusty Rhodes, Lita, Mr. Perfect, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Trish Stratus;
  • The Legends Pack will be available for a suggested price of $8.99.
2015 Hall of Fame Showcase
  • Playable matches include:
    • “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts;
    • Rikishi vs. The Rock;
    • Alundra Blayze vs. Paige;
    • Larry Zbyszko and Arn Anderson vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Dustin Rhodes
    • Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair;
    • The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake);
    • The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray);
  • The 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
New Moves Pack
  • More than 30 new moves, including the Corner Enzuigiri (made popular by WWE Diva Nikki Bella), Avalanche Ram (made popular by WWE Diva Paige), Sidewinder Suplex (made popular by WWE and NXT Superstar Kevin Owens), Standing Crossface Chickenwing (made popular by WWE Superstar Stardust) and Dragon Sleeper (made popular by NXT Superstar Finn Bálor);
  • The New Moves Pack will be available for a suggested price of $3.99.
Future Stars Pack
  • Playable NXT Superstars: Samoa Joe, Diego, Fernando, Blake and Murphy;
  • The Future Stars Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.
About the WWE 2K16 Season Pass

Players may purchase nearly all WWE 2K16 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass. For a suggested price of $24.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available:
  • Accelerator (access to all unlockable content available in the game);
  • Legends Pack;
  • 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase;
  • New Moves Pack;
  • Future Stars Pack.
About the WWE 2K16 Digital Deluxe Editions

2K also announced Digital Deluxe Editions for WWE 2K16 are now available for pre-order via PlayStation™Network and Xbox Live as follows:

PS4™ system and Xbox One ($89.99):
  • Copy of WWE 2K16;
  • WWE 2K16 Season Pass;
  • MyPlayer KickStart;
  • Theme (PS4™ system only; available immediately with pre-order purchase);
PS3™ system ($79.99):
  • Copy of WWE 2K16;
  • WWE 2K16 Season Pass;
  • Theme (PS3™ system only, available immediately with pre-order purchase).
* PlayStation™Network or Xbox Live account and Internet connection required. Copy of WWE 2K16 required to play.

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 redsox4evur @ 10/07/15 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
It'll be Dusty Rhodes, not Dustin
Nah it's Dustin...he and steamboat feuded with the dangerous alliance in '92. And WWE2K's twitter tweeted it was Dustin, not Dusty.

# 42 and1product @ 10/07/15 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
The writer corrected himself. He meant Ryback not Rhyno.
Thanks for that bdolski.

# 43 and1product @ 10/07/15 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsalas76
They have Alundra Blayze and Paige in because they were 2015 Hall of Fame inductees.
Yeah I know Alundra was inducted but Paige is what I am talking about. That's a weird matchup. That's why I was saying they should've put one of those other divas I mentioned in.

# 44 cedwebb @ 10/07/15 08:18 PM
Natural Disasters!! That was a sell for me as well as this whole roster, unbelievable. Not to forget the 100 CAW spots we get to work with as well. Wow, this game will take a lot of my time.

# 45 wiscowilz @ 10/07/15 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
It'll be Dusty Rhodes, not Dustin
Did you not read my post which was directly from the WWE2K Tweet. It's Dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Nah it's Dustin...he and steamboat feuded with the dangerous alliance in '92. And WWE2K's twitter tweeted it was Dustin, not Dusty.
Plus it was Dustin and Steamboat that were champs NOT Dusty.

# 46 wiscowilz @ 10/07/15 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by and1product
Yeah I know Alundra was inducted but Paige is what I am talking about. That's a weird matchup. That's why I was saying they should've put one of those other divas I mentioned in.
Yeah but they weren't adding others obviously.

# 47 Basketball GURU @ 10/07/15 09:26 PM
No road dogg? Glad Harlem heat made it in though

# 48 King_B_Mack @ 10/07/15 11:39 PM
Really cool additions for DLC this year. But how in the hell does every member of D-Generation-X (not counting Chyna and Tori obviously) make the game BUT Road Dogg? What the hell?

# 49 cedwebb @ 10/08/15 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball GURU
No road dogg? Glad Harlem heat made it in though
I know we haven't heard official about road dog but how do they leave him out? He is a WWE employee that works backstage with the talent currently. My guess is that he will pop up sometime.

# 50 R9NALD9 @ 10/08/15 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willz1985
Still no Psycho Sid/Sid Vicious then............
I know hey...makes me a sad panda.

# 51 jvalverde88 @ 10/08/15 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
2015 Hall of Fame Showcase
  • Playable matches include:
    • “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts;
    • Rikishi vs. The Rock;
    • Alundra Blayze vs. Paige;
    • Larry Zbyszko vs. Arn Anderson;
    • Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair;
    • The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake);
    • The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray);
  • The 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
I'm guessing we'll be getting new arenas from these showcases.

Macho/Roberts- Tuesday in Texas

Rikishi/Rock- Survivor Series 2000

Fujinami/Flair- Super Brawl 91

Outsiders/Harlem Heat- Halloween Havoc 96

# 52 Cowboy008 @ 10/08/15 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Really cool additions for DLC this year. But how in the hell does every member of D-Generation-X (not counting Chyna and Tori obviously) make the game BUT Road Dogg? What the hell?
Billy Gunn is in as "The One" Billy Gunn so that's probably why we don't have Road Dogg.

# 53 King_B_Mack @ 10/08/15 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Billy Gunn is in as "The One" Billy Gunn so that's probably why we don't have Road Dogg.

I know which Billy is in, still don't think that's a good enough reason to leave out Road Dogg. Especially since with the editor people are going to make Billy from his Mr *** days anyway. There is literally not one logical reason to have a DX version of Triple H, likely a DX version of Shawn Micahels, X-Pac (in DX gear), any non Smokin Gunns, Rockabilly or Billy and Chuck version of Billy Gunn and yet no sight of Road Dogg anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 54 CM Hooe @ 10/08/15 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I know which Billy is in, still don't think that's a good enough reason to leave out Road Dogg. Especially since with the editor people are going to make Billy from his Mr *** days anyway. There is literally not one logical reason to have a DX version of Triple H, likely a DX version of Shawn Micahels, X-Pac (in DX gear), any non Smokin Gunns, Rockabilly or Billy and Chuck version of Billy Gunn and yet no sight of Road Dogg anywhere.
When you look at it through the lens of their design goals - characters relevant to the Stone Cold showcase, and characters in the WWE Hall Of Fame - it begins to make more sense. Not that I could tell you exactly where The One Billy Gunn fits into the Stone Cold showcase, but any on-disc legend roster decision who isn't a huge name in WWE or someone carried over from last year is going to be made with that in mind. Road Dogg also isn't in the Hall Of Fame, so it makes sense that he wouldn't be included in the DLC which is split between Hall Of Famers and NXT characters.

Not to say I agree with how they make their roster cut-off decisions - I'm still miffed about Sasha / Bailey / Charlotte / Becky not making the cut - but hopefully anyone in the game this year carries over to next year and they can continue to correct the omissions.

# 55 Cowboy008 @ 10/08/15 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
When you look at it through the lens of their design goals - characters relevant to the Stone Cold showcase, and characters in the WWE Hall Of Fame - it begins to make more sense. Not that I could tell you exactly where The One Billy Gunn fits into the Stone Cold showcase, but any on-disc legend roster decision who isn't a huge name in WWE or someone carried over from last year is going to be made with that in mind. Road Dogg also isn't in the Hall Of Fame, so it makes sense that he wouldn't be included in the DLC which is split between Hall Of Famers and NXT characters.

Not to say I agree with how they make their roster cut-off decisions - I'm still miffed about Sasha / Bailey / Charlotte / Becky not making the cut - but hopefully anyone in the game this year carries over to next year and they can continue to correct the omissions.
I think the reason why "The One" Billy Gunn is in is because Austin eliminated him in the Royal Rumble when Austin won it for the first time.

I can't really be mad at 2k for leaving out the 4HW because it's WWE who has the final say so when it comes to who will be in the game. So 2k could have wanted to put them in but WWE could have said no.

# 56 CM Hooe @ 10/08/15 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I think the reason why "The One" Billy Gunn is in is because Austin eliminated him in the Royal Rumble when Austin won it for the first time.
That makes a ton of sense.

Quote:
I can't really be mad at 2k for leaving out the 4HW because it's WWE who has the final say so when it comes to who will be in the game. So 2k could have wanted to put them in but WWE could have said no.
This I'm more puzzled by. Given how hard WWE has pushed the so-called Divas Revolution over the past half-year, why on earth would they intentionally pull four of the most popular faces from the game?

I'm not saying it's impossible - WWE does strange things - but it does strike me as quite a bit of doublespeak if that's indeed what happened.

# 57 kisstopher5 @ 10/09/15 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
That makes a ton of sense.

This I'm more puzzled by. Given how hard WWE has pushed the so-called Divas Revolution over the past half-year, why on earth would they intentionally pull four of the most popular faces from the game?

I'm not saying it's impossible - WWE does strange things - but it does strike me as quite a bit of doublespeak if that's indeed what happened.
It's typical WWE propaganda. Next year's game will feature a 2K Showcase called "Lead the Diva's Revolution" and it'll be a big hit since they missed it this year I'd bet money on it. I understand it, but it's a terrible idea because as much as I love what these women are doing right now, there is no way they keep the momentum they have now all the way through next year. Hopefully some amazing creaters make some spectacular models of the 4HW or they add in some "Superstar Heads" of the women or something like that.

# 58 MafiaMurderBag @ 10/09/15 08:23 AM
I think it's because WWE declined the NXT women around the roster cut off date, BEFORE they started noticing the success of the women and BEFORE they started the "revolution".

By the time WWE probably wanted the 4HW in, it just wasn't possible for 2K to add them.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

# 59 Mercury112491 @ 10/09/15 10:47 AM
Yeah I hardly ever use them either so it should have been nice but no big deal.

# 60 aholbert32 @ 10/09/15 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisstopher5
It's typical WWE propaganda. Next year's game will feature a 2K Showcase called "Lead the Diva's Revolution" and it'll be a big hit since they missed it this year I'd bet money on it. I understand it, but it's a terrible idea because as much as I love what these women are doing right now, there is no way they keep the momentum they have now all the way through next year. Hopefully some amazing creaters make some spectacular models of the 4HW or they add in some "Superstar Heads" of the women or something like that.
WWE doesnt drive the marketing or modes of the video game....2k does. WWE has final approval but 2k is the entity that pitches the overall theme and new modes added to the game. If anyone pulled the 4H from the game it was likely 2k.

Also, they locked the roster and DLC this summer. While fighters like Charlotte and Sasha were popular with NXT fans mid summer, they were pretty much non-existent to most WWE fans. There is a large segment of the fanbase who doesnt watch NXT.

Instead of it being some conspiracy by the WWE to save divas for next year, its more likely that when 2k locked the roster, they did not think that NXT divas would be missed. They didnt know that WWE was going to call up 3 of them to the main roster. They didnt know that Sasha and Bayley would tear down the house at Summerslam.

It takes time to create new fighters in this game. Not only their appearance but animating their move set. Take Sasha. I could be wrong but I dont believe they have her double knee on the turnbuckle animated as a move in the game. Same goes for the Bank Statement. Divas are the least used fighters in the game so its not surprising that 2k didnt think the 4H would be important. I think 2k never intended to add them to the game this year and got screwed over when WWE decided to take interest in the Divas.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.