Home
PES 2016 News Post

PES 2016 Data Pack 1 is scheduled to arrive on Thursday, October 29. It will include updated team rosters for use in all modes, new face scans, kits and gameplay tweaks. Check out some of the details below.

UPDATE: (10-29) The data pack/roster update is available now, unfortunately it looks like many of the transfers are missing. The PES team is aware of the issue and looking into it. After waiting so long for an updated roster for all modes in the game, it seems PES fans will have to wait even longer. We will update this post if we hear anything else.

Quote:
The update marks the first of many planned additions KONAMI will make to PES 2016 during the course of the year, as it looks to continually enhance the user’s experience. The update file will be automatically downloaded and added to the main game, with all team rosters updated to match with current registered squads. This includes all new signings plus the addition of any youth players that have been allocated shirt numbers. Player forms will also be updated, which will be constantly monitored as part of KONAMI’s ongoing weekly update files, which alter according to the real-life form of players.

KONAMI has also added a number of new kits to the main game, adding further authenticity. All new French Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 kits have been updated and implemented, as have those of the top two Spanish leagues. Additionally, new Serie A Italian kits have been updated, while Dutch sides FC Groningen and FC Utrecht now appear in their officially licensed strips. They are joined by officially licensed representations of key European sides, such as Galatasaray, Panathinaikos and Maccabi Tel Aviv, while the South American team roster has been bolstered with the official kits for Brazil’s Flamengo and Palmeiras as well as Argentinian trio Independiente, Newell’s Old Boys and Vélez Sarsfield. With PES 2016 exclusively boasting the UEFA Champions League and Asian Champions League modes within its options, a number of dedicated kits for these tournaments have also been added.

PES 2016 is highly regarded for its realistic representation of players, with its unique Player ID system ensuring that its many stars not only look like their real-life counterparts, but their abilities and playing styles, too. Over 3,000 players already utilize bespoke stats, and the new update adds an additional 70+ realistically modeled players. The new additions represent a cross section of the world’s best and upcoming players, with the likes of Luuk de Jong, Yevhen Konopolyanka, Jordon Ibe, Danny Ings, Joshua Kimmich, and Burak Yilmaz amongst those benefitting. Each player will boast animations and likenesses that mimic them in every way, and will work within PES 2016’s Team ID system, wherein teams are set up to match the playing style of their club.

Other additions include new boots from the likes of adidas, Mizuno, New Balance, Nike Football and Umbro, as new styles such as the adidas X and Ace are added alongside New Balance’s Furon Pro, Nike’s Mercurial Superfly, and the UX-2 from Umbro. Billboards and stand décor have also been enhanced in line with real world changes. There are also a number of gameplay tweaks added to enhance the user experience following consultation with the vibrant PES 2016 fan base.

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Ettnollbajen @ 10/29/15 03:03 PM
Starting my fourth ML season later this evening.
Was guttered with my last game when I won 7-2.
If this is the future with the latest DLC,I'm out.
Game felt good playing EL and Coppa Italia,but my game against Fiorentina,usually tough,complete rubbish.

Got so frustrated that I've went on the community sliders forum for FIFA and watch some FIFA 16 videos by Matt10.
Glad I did,cause the fluid gameplay Pes has,is nowhere to be seen on FIFA.
Twitchy,and doesn't look that good,and the passing/shooting sound?
Sounds terrible.

So giving the new dlc a go later on,hopefully my last Serie a game was a one off game.

# 42 Sneaky Deaky @ 10/29/15 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
You have to go to online settings and change it to do not connect automatically.

I'm not connected.
You don't have to worry about individual player edits. However club team line-ups, tactics, default colours and of course transfers have been changed.

I can't see this new ball? Anyone else? It's in the advertisement for this update?

# 43 Drag66 @ 10/29/15 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Niche
So they didnt address the fouls? Keepers a better in the patch? variety of shots from the AI?

Drag66, I found FIFA's Top PLayer to be terrible, I was scared to move it up to Legendary and I did, the difficulty is not impossible and its a bit better to play. Event ho you said you dont like sliders, check out the community ones here at OS. Tweak them to your advantage until you find a sweet spot.
I've definitely been tweaking sliders, but I still can't find the sweet spot. I'll definitely get back into FIFA, try Legendary difficulty, and start tinkering some more, but I've just been getting frustrated.

# 44 dubcity @ 10/29/15 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Deaky

I can't see this new ball? Anyone else? It's in the advertisement for this update?

They also advertised fully updated rosters, so who knows anymore.

# 45 Anton10 @ 10/29/15 05:40 PM
I can't see that there is a new ball, as they advertised. Haven't checked the new boots yet but I assume they are there?

# 46 Ettnollbajen @ 10/29/15 07:53 PM
My reflections with 3 games on ML season 3 and 3 on ML season 4.
Feels more responsive,a bit faster(play on -2)
Your strong players feels stronger,I have Sakho as CB,wins everything.
Still feel that CPU defence is rubbish.

Played Lazio,Fiorentina and Pescara,Lazio gave me a hard time,won 1-0 in the end.
But with superstar and manual passing,should be a tougher challenge,even though I know that both Juve and Inter will kill me later on.

One thing struck me,Lazio switched from normal to a more offensive tactic in the 75th minute at 0-0, haven't seen that before,if trailing or leading,yes,but not at 0-0.
Still love the game,even if it has issues

# 47 dubcity @ 10/29/15 09:18 PM
Obviously will have to play longer to figure out the gameplay tweaks, but for now impressions...

Passing assist on 1 still feels 100% automatic.

Fouls are the same

# 48 Sneaky Deaky @ 10/29/15 09:23 PM
Played my first match, on default PES settings/tactics, on Professional, -2 speed and man what a mess!

I beat Man U 6-1 it was all too easy. No good keeper saves, overpowered shooting, terrible defending, it's so easy to dribble through the defence with a good dribbler, it's frighteningly easy to pull off some crazy **** dribbling! however I will say I love dribbling, so it's fun to me, it's just too easy. I'm going to upload a video of a goal I scored in a minute.

Back to Top Player, but -2 speed is interesting. It's much slower, and though I feel animations are too slow, it's still responsive, and it slows the play down a lot, and the ball moves more realistically. Gonna try it out some more.

# 49 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 10/29/15 09:28 PM
I've seen contradicting things.

If I turn on my PS4 and download this update, will the edited faces on the Peruvian national team (including players who are listed as being on clubs) be reverted back to default? If so, I'm not downloading squat.

# 50 dubcity @ 10/29/15 10:53 PM
I'm hearing people say the gameplay speed is slower. Definitely not buying that. It's still very fast.

# 51 Anton10 @ 10/29/15 10:54 PM
Hey mate, I had changed the faces of a few of the classic team players and the update reset them all (faces only, it kept their attributes and motions). You are able to select if you want to update clubs or national teams or you can simply select none to update.

If I was you I'd be safe and base copy all of the players and if they change after the update base copy them back into the team.

# 52 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 10/29/15 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton10
Hey mate, I had changed the faces of a few of the classic team players and the update reset them all (faces only, it kept their attributes and motions). You are able to select if you want to update clubs or national teams or you can simply select none to update.

If I was you I'd be safe and base copy all of the players and if they change after the update base copy them back into the team.
Is there a way to get the boots, update gameplay, etc. without doing the roster updates and risking losing all my edits? Like, can I select to update NEITHER national teams or clubs and STILL get the other stuff that comes with the update?

# 53 Anton10 @ 10/29/15 11:06 PM
Good question. I have no idea. I usually find things out the hard way so I would probably not update the players and hope the boots etc are there.

The update downloads to the console regardless so if you choose no players to update I wonder if you can than update it at another time if you wish? This would be good to know as I made a heap of transfers last night that the patch didn't make as I don't really plan on updating the next player patch when it comes.

Anyone know if you can update at another point in time?

# 54 dubcity @ 10/30/15 12:15 PM

# 55 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 10/30/15 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Konami ****ing sucks. Worst part is that it is either tone-deaf or doesn't give a **** about its customers.

Just giving more and more reason for people to go to FIFA, even when at it's core PES is miles better.

# 56 ezio @ 10/30/15 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
Just giving more and more reason for people to go to FIFA, even when at it's core PES is miles better.
I think that is the only thing saving them at the moment. The gameplay in Fifa doesn't come close to PES and that is PES saving grace.

# 57 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 10/31/15 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I think that is the only thing saving them at the moment. The gameplay in Fifa doesn't come close to PES and that is PES saving grace.
Yes, but Konami can't keep treating its loyal customers like this. It's bull****, and eventually we will all get fed up.

# 58 JimmyDeicide @ 11/01/15 12:16 PM
Yes, i havnt purchased the game this year, first time ever for me and they only have themselves to blame.
They piss around way to much for me.

# 59 buckeyezombie @ 11/02/15 01:13 PM
The keepers are definitely better after repeated playing. Personally, i dont really care about every player on every team, i use PES to do fantasy stuff. Download fantasy kits, have like Manchester City players on Columbus Crew, wearing download fantasy kits. I can use FIFA if i want all the proper licensed teams and stadiums. If you can only afford PES, i can see your frustration. But it's a quality game this year

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

# 60 dubcity @ 11/02/15 02:50 PM
Official statement from Konami...

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.