Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 includes 250+ fighters on the roster, including roughly 41 lightweights (this number does not include dupicates). This information was confirmed by Mike Bohn, who covers the MMA and NBA for USA TODAY, MMAjunkie, Rolling Stone and other publications, as noted in his Twitter bio. He plans to write up a story on his recent trip to EA sometime this week. We'll be sure to post the link when it becomes available.

Some of the confirmed fighters are listed below:
  • Oleksiy Oliynyk
  • Rustam Khabilov
  • Ali Bagautinov
  • Rashid Magomedov
  • Albert Tumenov
  • Aljamain Sterling
  • Thomas Almeida
  • Kailin Curran
  • Al Iaquinta
  • Derek Brunson
  • Dennis Bermudez
  • Lorenz Larkin
  • Neil Magny
  • Thiago Alves
  • Alan Jouban
  • Ben Saunders
  • Oliveir Aubin-Mercier
  • Gil Burns
  • Yancy Medeiros
  • Alex Caceres
  • Justin Scoggins
  • Rafael Natal
  • Robert Whittaker
  • Corey Anderson
  • Pat Cummins
  • Rampage Jackson
  • Ryan Laflare
  • Thiago Alves
  • Edson Barbosa
  • Tony Ferguson
I've asked EA if I can talk about or release the names of a few other fighters. I'll let you know when they respond.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 HartmanTeets6 @ 02/19/16 10:26 PM
Have we confirmed Benson is on the game when it comes out? I know he's on the beta, but I don't think he had signed yet did he? Thanks in advance.

# 62 aholbert32 @ 02/19/16 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HartmanTeets6
Have we confirmed Benson is on the game when it comes out? I know he's on the beta, but I don't think he had signed yet did he? Thanks in advance.

I wont know until I see the game in about 10 days. I think he signed right around the time they closed the roster but I'm not sure.

# 63 nyjets28 @ 02/20/16 08:07 PM
Is there no forest Griffin in the game?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

# 64 fballturkey @ 02/21/16 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I wont know until I see the game in about 10 days. I think he signed right around the time they closed the roster but I'm not sure.
Do you think full roster lists are going to start leaking out around then? I've almost made up my mind to use actual UFC records and recent histories for fighters and it'll take... a pretty long time to put together.

# 65 aholbert32 @ 02/21/16 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Do you think full roster lists are going to start leaking out around then? I've almost made up my mind to use actual UFC records and recent histories for fighters and it'll take... a pretty long time to put together.
I think they start leaking around the time the review copies go out. Without spoiling who is in the game, 70% of the roster has already been leaked or announced through trailers so you can get a bit of a headstart by just doing those.

# 66 aholbert32 @ 02/21/16 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets28
Is there no forest Griffin in the game?

Every fighter who was in UFC 1 that is still under a UFC contract or affiliated with the UFC (Griffin is employed by the UFC) is in UFC 2.

# 67 nyjets28 @ 02/21/16 10:10 AM
Thx for answering about Griffin. Good to know. Any reason Matt Serra name not mentioned? I know he's employed by ufc.

# 68 nyjets28 @ 02/21/16 08:32 PM
And how about Kenny florian,Chael sonnen,Tito Ortiz and Wanderlei Silva? Any chance we get these guys on roster or dlc?

# 69 aholbert32 @ 02/21/16 08:37 PM
Quote:
And how about Kenny florian,Chael sonnen,Tito Ortiz and Wanderlei Silva? Any chance we get these guys on roster or dlc?

Tito is a on bad terms with the UFC and is under contract with Bellator so no.

Wandy just got sued by the UFC and released from his contract so no.

No to Ken Flo.

Chael was in UFC 1 and is still technically under UFC contract so I would guess yes unless the UFC asks EA to remove him.

# 70 aholbert32 @ 02/21/16 08:38 PM
Quote:
Thx for answering about Griffin. Good to know. Any reason Matt Serra name not mentioned? I know he's employed by ufc.

The focus of the roster is to add current fighters to the game not retired fighters. I'm not saying there isnt a chance that there wont be legends added by DLC but the LARGE majority of the 250 fighters are current fighters.

# 71 HartmanTeets6 @ 02/22/16 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Oh man, he's my go to guy (or was on last game!). Here's to hoping he is!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.