Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

For those of you hoping for more variety and options for the Instant Replay Challenge System in MLB The Show 16, the team mentioned on Twitter, that the plays that can be challenged are the same as last year. Which means, certain close plays at first base can be challenged by the user, home runs will once again be challenged automatically.

With that said, we expect to hear plenty of news on MLB The Show 16 in about a week or two.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 nemesis04 @ 01/21/16 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Then why put it in at all? I honestly rather they have left it out entirely instead of exclusively boring me to death with the same silly first base thing over and over, especially since it can't be skipped.

It's a feature that only makes sense in its entirety. Now I just challenge everything at first because I literally have no where else to use it.

If they have no intention of finishing it I'm not sure why they started it.
I believe originally the goal was to complete the whole thing but it became a labor intensive project so it sounds like they had to cut bait. You can stop the replay from playing by changing the umpire option to always correct calls on the bases.

# 22 countryboy @ 01/21/16 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompeo89
Are they changing anything this year? Not like this matters but every post is just about things that won't be in the game
yes they are

# 23 Scott @ 01/21/16 08:27 PM
Quote:
Are they changing anything this year? Not like this matters but every post is just about things that won't be in the game
Really man, come on... No need to disrespect this hard working team with that kind of comment.

# 24 countryboy @ 01/21/16 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I believe originally the goal was to complete the whole thing but it became a labor intensive project so it sounds like they had to cut bait. You can stop the replay from playing by changing the umpire option to always correct calls on the bases.
Agreed 100%. I would assume that the return on the investment that is fully incorporating the replay system just isn't worth the time it would take away from higher priority things that SCEA and the community want in the game.

If they would've fully incorporated replay while not working on franchise mode or putting in closed roof stadiums, there would be riot on these forums.

# 25 TripleCrown9 @ 01/21/16 10:05 PM
Quote:
Nope, they literally haven't touched a single thing. They saw last year's and thought it was good enough, so they just went to work and napped every day for a year.

# 26 bcruise @ 01/22/16 12:06 AM
Disappointing, but not a deal-breaker by any means. I'll just keep playing with the umpire missed calls turned off - that's much closer to the reality with MLB's challenge system as it is now (though they STILL inexplicably miss calls even WITH replay on occasion )

Looking forward to the fact sheet so that we can all find out what IS in the game, rather than what isn't.

# 27 BravesBoy @ 01/22/16 09:01 AM
I feel like every small bit of info that comes out, I'm a little disappointed. Waiting for the big drop of info but in the back of my mind, it feels like the franchise has somewhat stalled. I'll love the small improvements that are made every year but I some point we need a game changer..Not jumping ship, just sharing an opinion

# 28 Blzer @ 01/22/16 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
This will be a reason some people don't purchase 16. You'd be amazed.
That's unfair to say, man. For some people it's an entire "sum of its parts" thing, with a couple things or two really being the tipping points. Same reason for why I might buy a game... it's hardly ever just for one feature, but for the collection of everything put together.

That being said, this really would be a weird tipping point.

# 29 ryanmc564 @ 01/22/16 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
That's unfair to say, man. For some people it's an entire "sum of its parts" thing, with a couple things or two really being the tipping points. Same reason for why I might buy a game... it's hardly ever just for one feature, but for the collection of everything put together.

Not really blzer, we all have seen some claim they won't be buying the game due to some small insignificant thing that wasn't changed or didn't make the cut.

# 30 redsox4evur @ 01/22/16 09:31 AM
Quote:

Not Blzer if anyone claims the game to be sim, how can it be sim if the replay system is not even close to what it is IRL.

# 31 Blzer @ 01/22/16 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
Not really blzer, we all have seen some claim they won't be buying the game due to some small insignificant thing that wasn't changed or didn't make the cut.
I understand this, but if everything else in the game improved I doubt they would be making that statement.

That, or like me, there are things that I hold onto near and dear that I haven't seen hit the proper light of day since starting to request them seven years ago. They're all decisions made by them though, so while I continue to purchase the game, there is a "top ten" list that still hasn't been cracked for me.

Nevertheless, there are still enough improvements for me to say, "Alright, I'll still buy." For others, they don't have "enough improvements" alongside the ones they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Not Blzer if anyone claims the game to be sim, how can it be sim if the replay system is not even close to what it is IRL.
To be fair, they have to do a lot to work out not only the challenge system, but also the logic and how things separate correct calls from incorrect. This isn't just late versus early, but also miffed tags, traps... you name it.

I appreciate authenticity, but sometimes it just doesn't work out right anyway. Even in ESPN NFL 2K5, it was just kind of stupid because the announcers really told you beforehand whether or not the call was going to be overturned. It's cool, but needed to be better.

I'll give them a pass on this for sure.

# 32 Speedy @ 01/22/16 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I haven't gotten Madden in several years.

How authentic is their replay system? To me, it seems off to intentionally devise (code) results which will be incorrect and prompt the user to challenge it.

# 33 HypoLuxa13 @ 01/22/16 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I haven't gotten Madden in several years.

How authentic is their replay system? To me, it seems off to intentionally devise (code) results which will be incorrect and prompt the user to challenge it.
It is pretty well done. Definitely real-like bang/bang plays at first base, just like you see in real life. The presentation aspect of it is pretty good too.

You definitely do NOT see obviously incorrect calls being made just to prompt the replay interface.

# 34 Stroehms @ 01/22/16 12:34 PM
Quote:
I understand this, but if everything else in the game improved I doubt they would be making that statement.

That, or like me, there are things that I hold onto near and dear that I haven't seen hit the proper light of day since starting to request them seven years ago. They're all decisions made by them though, so while I continue to purchase the game, there is a "top ten" list that still hasn't been cracked for me.

Nevertheless, there are still enough improvements for me to say, "Alright, I'll still buy." For others, they don't have "enough improvements" alongside the ones they want.

To be fair, they have to do a lot to work out not only the challenge system, but also the logic and how things separate correct calls from incorrect. This isn't just late versus early, but also miffed tags, traps... you name it.

I appreciate authenticity, but sometimes it just doesn't work out right anyway. Even in ESPN NFL 2K5, it was just kind of stupid because the announcers really told you beforehand whether or not the call was going to be overturned. It's cool, but needed to be better.

I'll give them a pass on this for sure.

I'd like to see this Top 10 list, if possible, Blzer! I'm curious to see what ideas haven't been touched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 35 tessl @ 01/22/16 01:04 PM
Quote:
I haven't seen a demographic breakdown of who buys the game but I have arrived at the conclusion a lot - maybe most - are juveniles whose priorities are different from mine.

This would explain why seemingly insignificant things like accessories for rtts players are a make or break requirement for some.

# 36 bronxbombers21325 @ 01/22/16 01:41 PM
Quote:
Numbers being too low on the back, and the stripe on the Twins pants come to mind.

# 37 ryanmc564 @ 01/22/16 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Numbers being too low on the back, and the stripe on the Twins pants come to mind.

or Carlos Beltrans mole not being big enough on the side of his face.

okay that one I made up.

# 38 countryboy @ 01/22/16 02:14 PM
Quote:
or Carlos Beltrans mole not being big enough on the side of his face.

okay that one I made up.
its not?!

# 39 Dazraz @ 01/22/16 03:02 PM
I have a feeling that MLB The Show isn't going to make any great steps forwards this year. It's all been pretty quiet on the news front for a game that's only a couple of months away from releasing. That said it'll still likely be the 2nd best sports game on the market come years end.

# 40 nemesis04 @ 01/22/16 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
I have a feeling that MLB The Show isn't going to make any great steps forwards this year. It's all been pretty quiet on the news front for a game that's only a couple of months away from releasing. That said it'll still likely be the 2nd best sports game on the market come years end.
I believe next week starts the release of info. It has been mentioned.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.