Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

For those of you lucky enough to download the EA Sports UFC 2 beta, get in a few fights and post your impressions!

FYI, for those that are asking, registration is closed for the beta.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 441 aholbert32 @ 02/07/16 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linny
I like the game overall, just not a fan of the ground game, which seems to be how a lot of people feel about it.

will be interesting to see the differences between the beta and retail.

all in all I will buy, nothing is perfect

I don't see what you are seeing. On this board, I've seen 4-5 people say they don't like the ground game and half of them say they like it but they think there are issues with denials. On the UFC board it's damn near universal that people prefer the new ground game.

# 442 Phobia @ 02/07/16 12:27 PM
Yea ive complained about denials but the ground game in general is way better.

Sent from da lil phone.

# 443 aholbert32 @ 02/07/16 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Yea ive complained about denials but the ground game in general is way better.

Sent from da lil phone.
I have issues with some of the denials too. I just cant see how someone could prefer the ground game from UFC 1 or other games to this. The only one that compares in my opinion is UFC 3 and thats more because of the moves that were available. Things like butterfly guard and the ability to scoot to the cage and then wall walk are things the EA UFC series needs.

# 444 davidbix @ 02/07/16 03:33 PM
Not sure I like the way the judging logic favors accuracy, which is not a real life judging criteria. Had online fights where I soundly outlanded my opponent but lost because I was busier and he was more accurate.

Meanwhile, reading this post about parries, something caught my eye:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm not seeing this at all. The most I've seen in a row is 4 and thats because I kept leading with the same punch. When I mix it up and throw feints, I rarely even see more than 2 in a row.
Wait, how are you throwing feints? I know about the takedown feint (press all 4 shoulder buttons), but much of the time I can't get it to work.

# 445 linny @ 02/07/16 03:54 PM
Quote:
I don't see what you are seeing. On this board, I've seen 4-5 people say they don't like the ground game and half of them say they like it but they think there are issues with denials. On the UFC board it's damn near universal that people prefer the new ground game.
well we're seeing different things I guess.

I like the game overall I've said, it's a step in the right direction everywhere, I've never said ufc 1 was better.

# 446 aholbert32 @ 02/07/16 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbix
Not sure I like the way the judging logic favors accuracy, which is not a real life judging criteria. Had online fights where I soundly outlanded my opponent but lost because I was busier and he was more accurate.

Meanwhile, reading this post about parries, something caught my eye:

Wait, how are you throwing feints? I know about the takedown feint (press all 4 shoulder buttons), but much of the time I can't get it to work.
Hold R1 and R2 and hit a strike button. It works for kicks and punches.

# 447 aholbert32 @ 02/07/16 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linny
well we're seeing different things I guess.

I like the game overall I've said, it's a step in the right direction everywhere, I've never said ufc 1 was better.
I never said you said that. I said that you were overrating the number of people who dislike the ground game and that no other MMA game had a better ground game in my opinion.

# 448 davidbix @ 02/07/16 04:59 PM
Quote:
Hold R1 and R2 and hit a strike button. It works for kicks and punches.
Was this officially explained anywhere? Didn't see anyone try it online.

# 449 aholbert32 @ 02/07/16 05:24 PM
Quote:
I saw a few towards the end of the beta. EA announced that there were feints and its mentioned in the controls menu of the game.

With that said, I love the kick feint but hate the punch feint. I just dont like the animation for it.

# 450 jeremym480 @ 02/07/16 05:36 PM
Quote:
I think it was in the tutorials because I knew about them the entire time.

# 451 aholbert32 @ 02/08/16 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
I know this isn't the place to ask,but when do they plan on talking about career mode?
Probably soon. We still have 5 weeks until release.

# 452 cingular @ 02/09/16 12:53 PM
Is there anyway to pull guard from standup?

# 453 pdandy @ 02/09/16 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cingular
I couldn't find it so I posted that complaint to the official beta forum.

# 454 SwedishTouch76 @ 02/09/16 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cingular
I believe you have to let someone crush your face and fall over backwards

# 455 Pappy Knuckles @ 02/10/16 02:04 PM
It's cool that they kept the beta up so we can practice against the CPU, but I need some human opponents right now. I still can't bring myself to re-download the first game, though. Guess I just have to stay hungry in the dojo while I wait to step back in the cage.

One thing that's kind of irritated me while playing the beta is the punch feint. Hopefully we can get some different animations for that one. Don't like it at all.

# 456 CaliDude916 @ 02/10/16 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
It's cool that they kept the beta up so we can practice against the CPU, but I need some human opponents right now. I still can't bring myself to re-download the first game, though. Guess I just have to stay hungry in the dojo while I wait to step back in the cage.

One thing that's kind of irritated me while playing the beta is the punch feint. Hopefully we can get some different animations for that one. Don't like it at all.
As soon as I played the beta, I deleted the first one from my PS4.

# 457 Shanghai Kid @ 02/12/16 07:48 AM
It would be nice to hear from the devs or from someone who knows that what kind of changes are the devs making to the game after the beta feedback?

Also I think I read from somewhere that there will be no demo. If this is true, I would like to hear why? I think there are many who are not sure about getting UFC 2, and I think that a demo would be a good way to showcase the game to get more buyers.

# 458 Money99 @ 02/12/16 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanghai Kid
It would be nice to hear from the devs or from someone who knows that what kind of changes are the devs making to the game after the beta feedback?

Also I think I read from somewhere that there will be no demo. If this is true, I would like to hear why? I think there are many who are not sure about getting UFC 2, and I think that a demo would be a good way to showcase the game to get more buyers.
I'd love a demo too, but I think there's a lot more to that than the average person realizes.

Just releasing a Beta is a massive amount of work. And I've read in the past that a Demo is a tonne of work as well, which only takes time and resources away from the game itself.
Then there's the hurdles that Sony and MS put in place which devs have to leap in order release a demo.

Simply put, it's a lot of time, money and headache.

I'm not disagreeing with you, as I'd love a demo too. But I don't think it's a case where EA is purposely trying to screw the customer.
And XB owners have the option of EA Access to play the completed game much earlier.
I'm a PS4 owner so I'm kind of screwed, but if I had an XB, I'd be getting the All Access package for sure.

I wish I had pre-ordered so I could have had a shot at the Beta, but that's on me.
I'm still very interested in purchasing this game even without having any hands-on opportunity.
I own a Gamer Card at EBGames which allows me to buy a game, play it and if I don't like it, return it in 7 days for a different game.
That's another great option for us Demo-less and Beta-less guys.

# 459 aholbert32 @ 02/12/16 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanghai Kid

I doubt they will do a full announcement 4 weeks before release. The devs have already stated that they are making tweaks to things like ground and pound among other things. You will probably have to wait until we get closer to release before you hear anything official.

Regarding the demo, I think the answer is lack of time. It takes time to create a demo and bug test it. It takes time to create a beta. I dont think they had time to do both and still work on the game. Thousands of people got a chance to play the game through the beta. Thousands more will get a chance to play the game before release through EA Access.

If you are a PS4 guy who didnt get a chance to play the beta, there are already hours of videos online that you can watch of people playing the game to help u make a decision or you. Or you can wait for reviews and rent it from Gamefly,

# 460 Money99 @ 02/12/16 01:03 PM
How's the overall presentation of this series?
Do you notice a difference when fighting as rookie compared to when you're going for the belt?
How about the commentary?
How's the Career Mode immersion? Does it feel like you're part of a greater universe?
Are there updates on what's going on elsewhere in the UFC?
And can you control more than one fighter in the same career mode?
(You could control 2 fighters at once in Evander Holyfield boxing. I loved that. I'd always have the careers separated by approximately 20 fights so while one's career is winding down, another is just starting up).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.