Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The latest MLB The Show 16 video, featuring Diamond Dynasty has arrived. If the embed doesn't work, click here. The Twitch stream covering more details on the mode is scheduled for Thursday, February 18.

Quote:
The Show is coming and it's better than ever with the Diamond Dynasty Expansion! Game designers Nick Livingston and Lance Leahy give a detailed look at the new features and changes to Diamond Dynasty in MLB The Show 16.

MLB The Show 16 offers the most immersive, authentic baseball game on consoles. This year The Show offers even more gameplay improvements, new game modes, and a greater ability to personalize your baseball experience.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jm2054 @ 02/16/16 10:15 PM
Omg looks awesome reminds me a lot of MUT minus vs CPU stuff. I can't wait love the variety of cards and I will get that 99 Arod

# 22 MauerMorneau09 @ 02/16/16 10:16 PM
Sweet!

In somewhat related news, I heard Ramone on a local Minneapolis video game radio show called Video Games Weekly promoting MLB 16. Ramone if you see this, thanks for coming up to MN and spreading the word about The Show!

# 23 Gagnon39 @ 02/16/16 10:20 PM
I know there's some people on here that play Diamond Dynasty, and to each their own. If you enjoy it, go for it. But I don't think that there will ever be a feature or mode that makes me interested in anything other than franchise mode.

# 24 Livingston_SCEA @ 02/16/16 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiwhitesoxGOSOX
I can't believe all the new things u guys have added this year ! MLB The Show easily has the best dev team. They listen to their fans and put so much hard work in year after year. This is why The Show is the only game I buy year after year.

DD looks like it has improved big time. I was starting to see the same lineups and pitchers in 15 but now it looks like that won't happen in 16 plus we can now play friends teams ! Pre-ordered that MVP Edition. March 29th can't come fast enough !

Nick bro u are definitely my favorite on that dev team. Seem like a really cool and funny guy plus u are a White Sox fan ! And I think they have a strong team that can definitely contend this year
Still a lot more to reveal too, dawg. Good Guys wear black.

# 25 MauerMorneau09 @ 02/16/16 10:25 PM
The flashback cards are definitely giving me a new reason to play DD this year. Having more cards to collect and use is always something fun to do and one of the reasons I like playing MUT/Team building modes.

# 26 Livingston_SCEA @ 02/16/16 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azstdogg
All the updates to the mode look interesting but man I wish they would update the card photos.
We are in the process of updating action shots right now. We just got new photos for most of the top 100 today and we'll be continuing to update them before launch and throughout the year.

# 27 Gagnon39 @ 02/16/16 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston_SCEA
Have fun watching .500 baseball this year.

But the Sox do have a relief pitcher from my home town (Daniel Webb), so I'll at least root for him.

# 28 chiwhitesoxGOSOX @ 02/16/16 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Have fun watching .500 baseball this year.

But the Sox do have a relief pitcher from my home town (Daniel Webb), so I'll at least root for him.
More like 90-72 predicted by USA today lol but Webb most likely won't be in our bullpen unless injuries occur to the bullpen. Who's your team?

# 29 chiwhitesoxGOSOX @ 02/16/16 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston_SCEA
Can't wait to hear it ! And they sure do. Should be a fun year. What was it Cubs Smubs lol

# 30 theu715 @ 02/16/16 10:39 PM
Glad they did this stream. Went ahead and canceled my preorder of the MVP edition to go for the standard edition. No need for extra stubs or packs because I won't touch DD this year. Way too much going on. Would've been nice to play friends though.

# 31 MrOldboy @ 02/16/16 10:39 PM
If the different missions, rewards, etc. are fairly random for every player I hope we'll actually see some balanced teams in DD for once. At least early on until the market gets flooded with cards and stubs. The issue will still be if you can stack a lineup. The one thing I wanted this year was a way to limit the quality of teams, force you to have a more diverse team. It could have been as simple as a point pool for each part of your team. Starting lineup, bench, bullpen and rotation. Just limit the number of total overall points per section so that if you had three guys rated 95 in the lineup you have to balance it out with some lesser rated players and you couldn't stuff your bench with Bagwells and McGriffs.

DD must be doing well for SDS if they are putting this much work into overhauling it year-to-year and adding in so many ways for you to spend money/earn stuff.

Spoiler

# 32 bluclws22 @ 02/16/16 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiwhitesoxGOSOX
I can't believe all the new things u guys have added this year ! MLB The Show easily has the best dev team. They listen to their fans and put so much hard work in year after year. This is why The Show is the only game I buy year after year.

DD looks like it has improved big time. I was starting to see the same lineups and pitchers in 15 but now it looks like that won't happen in 16 plus we can now play friends teams ! Pre-ordered that MVP Edition. March 29th can't come fast enough !

Nick bro u are definitely my favorite on that dev team. Seem like a really cool and funny guy plus u are a White Sox fan ! And I think they have a strong team that can definitely contend this year
It is by far the best sports game and because I see you're a whitesox fan, I was actually talking to Todd Frazier the other day about him being in the show as a white sox now. He said unreal and can't wait for people to have 70 something bombs while playing with him in a season lol.

# 33 Armor and Sword @ 02/16/16 11:06 PM
I got hooked on DD on MLB 15

The card collecting alone is highly addictive. I love the fact that we can play with our friends now.

That is clutch.

OS Nation can unite and play high quality sim style DD games now.

# 34 myghty @ 02/16/16 11:14 PM
Quick counts please?

# 35 BentleyA @ 02/16/16 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
If the different missions, rewards, etc. are fairly random for every player I hope we'll actually see some balanced teams in DD for once. At least early on until the market gets flooded with cards and stubs. The issue will still be if you can stack a lineup. The one thing I wanted this year was a way to limit the quality of teams, force you to have a more diverse team. It could have been as simple as a point pool for each part of your team. Starting lineup, bench, bullpen and rotation. Just limit the number of total overall points per section so that if you had three guys rated 95 in the lineup you have to balance it out with some lesser rated players and you couldn't stuff your bench with Bagwells and McGriffs.

DD must be doing well for SDS if they are putting this much work into overhauling it year-to-year and adding in so many ways for you to spend money/earn stuff.

Spoiler
I am right there with you! Hopefully the daily match ups will help a lot too. I really enjoy looking at daily match ups (do it for daily fantasy fairly often) so it will be fun to integrate that into the mode. I am with you though in thinking that they should put some sort of cap on a team based on ratings, however, there is one major reason they will not do that. The ability to stack a team usually involves people going on the markets and spending a ton of stubs on all the legend and highly priced players. Even though many people will not admit it they get those stacked lineups by purchasing a lot of them (or a ton of packs), that is how most of them are created. Those stubs are probably a nice revenue stream for SDS and you cannot blame them for utilizing their ability to earn more revenue that way. In fact, it is actually intelligent business to do it. I just wish maybe there was a way when you match up with an opponent that their lineup would be a similar overall rating to yours so you are not playing against a bunch of stacked line ups all the time. Hopefully the "Play with Friends" aspect will help and I am sure there will be threads on here this spring and summer to help avoid some of those stacked line ups guys. I know I will be having a great time messing around with lineups on a daily basis.

# 36 Cowboy008 @ 02/16/16 11:32 PM
I like how the cards look this year. Can we still collect cards from playing franchise games like in 15? I'm not into DD but I enjoy collecting the cards.

# 37 Yari @ 02/16/16 11:34 PM
I'm rather excited to try out the new DD when the game gets released, these all sound like they'll be quite nice to see. I'm quite pleased to see the flashbacks as I once had a similar idea for NHL, though I'm much happier to see The Show getting there first.
Also, nice music selection during the video about midway though, "Could Have Been Me" is not a bad song after I had to look it up.

# 38 thaSLAB @ 02/16/16 11:40 PM
That lighting tho!

Sent from my HTC One [M8] Marshmallow 6.0 | Tapatalk

# 39 soxnut1018 @ 02/16/16 11:41 PM
Any chance the Inside Edge stuff gets carried over to other parts of the game?

# 40 thaSLAB @ 02/16/16 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDrizz
Please don't hate me, but what is DD? I get that its ultimate team but can I create my own player to take through and play with the current big leaguers? Is it the mode I see all these Created teams with weird colors and uniforms? Is it online only? Can I play offline on my own? I apologize if these are terrible questions, I have just never touched this mode and know nothing about it
Definitely not a terrible question. To answer your questions about Diamond Dynasty: Yes. Yes. No. Yes.

Sent from my HTC One [M8] Marshmallow 6.0 | Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.