Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch livestream should be starting in about 5 minutes, post your thoughts here!

For those that miss out, we will update this post with the archive, when it has completed.

UPDATE: Here is the archive.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 The Kid 24 @ 02/24/16 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Maybe it's in there, but something that haven't shown yet. With all the other licensed equipment and now sleeves, I'm sure it's coming.

Maybe Russell can comment on it if he sees this.
That could very well be the case and would be ****ing awesome if true!!!!!!

I hope you're right Dirty!

# 162 tessl @ 02/24/16 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1409
This is a minor question and everything is looking great. Do we know if out of town score boards will update real time in franchise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure the way the game works is the out of town games are simmed before you play your game. Not sure how often the scoreboard was updated, I think it was every half inning but the games have already been simmed.

# 163 goplen5 @ 02/24/16 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strictly4MyNIPPLEZ
Was asked on stream and they said they didn't know
Awesome, thanks. I appreciate it. I was just curious.

# 164 Lovesports @ 02/24/16 01:02 PM
The game is looking amazing. That being said, I know I'll get some heat for this, but some of you are guys are getting ridiculous with your nitpicking. There are fundamental baseball improvements that should still be made and people are complaining about the sun setting at center field instead of right field. Or there is a chair missing in the third row of section 412. Are you guys serious? You want to talk about improvements that matter, how about a better variety of body types? How about uniform tops still look too baggy in the sleeves? They finally started with full career stats but how about keeping track of career awards? To me, those are the meat and potatoes of the game. When I play the game, I look at the players majority of the time, not the upper deck in right field. This isn't intended for anyone in particular, but some people have taken nitpicking to a whole new level. This is a video game...and an amazing one at that. Try to be thankful for all the game has given us because Madden is still crap and this is still the only baseball game. You know a game is truly great when people start nitpicking the texture of the dirt in the outfield. Sorry for venting, I didn't mean to disrespect anyone if I did.

# 165 breakfastcat @ 02/24/16 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
The game is looking amazing. That being said, I know I'll get some heat for this, but some of you are guys are getting ridiculous with your nitpicking. There are fundamental baseball improvements that should still be made and people are complaining about the sun setting at center field instead of right field. Or there is a chair missing in the third row of section 412. Are you guys serious? You want to talk about improvements that matter, how about a better variety of body types? How about uniform tops still look too baggy in the sleeves? They finally started with full career stats but how about keeping track of career awards? To me, those are the meat and potatoes of the game. When I play the game, I look at the players majority of the time, not the upper deck in right field. This isn't intended for anyone in particular, but some people have taken nitpicking to a whole new level. This is a video game...and an amazing one at that. Try to be thankful for all the game has given us because Madden is still crap and this is still the only baseball game. You know a game is truly great when people start nitpicking the texture of the dirt in the outfield. Sorry for venting, I didn't mean to disrespect anyone if I did.
You must be new here.

# 166 kehlis @ 02/24/16 01:11 PM
Quote:

Everything is relative with respect to each individual's wants/needs. Those things you prioritize above may not be the priority over the other things you mentioned to others. Nature of the beast.

# 167 sportdan30 @ 02/24/16 01:25 PM
Game looks beautiful. Looking forward to March 29th!

That said, Matt V. must have some dirty pictures of the devs because the commentary sounds exactly the same. Hope I'm surprised, but it's just really bringing down an otherwise stellar game.

# 168 Arod2k9 @ 02/24/16 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Then you would understand that its NOT mandatory for a player to get scanned. They may not have a scan on Buxton.

Maybe he didn't get scanned but to have the top 2 picks of a draft class Correa and Buxton looking generic is a huge disappointment.

# 169 Turbojugend @ 02/24/16 01:32 PM
I really hope one of the pre-order bonuses is a doctor's note dated March 29.

# 170 VinceJulien14 @ 02/24/16 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
Game looks beautiful. Looking forward to March 29th!

That said, Matt V. must have some dirty pictures of the devs because the commentary sounds exactly the same. Hope I'm surprised, but it's just really bringing down an otherwise stellar game.

they've been playing on quick play and mashing X a lot, so hopefully they added some more lines that we haven't heard yet!
I agree though, there's no sports game that has good commentary though. NBA2K is the best, but even that gets really repetitive

# 171 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/24/16 01:44 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Everything is relative with respect to each individual's wants/needs. Those things you prioritize above may not be the priority over the other things you mentioned to others. Nature of the beast.
I agree with both of you gentlemen in the sense that I prioritize the things mentioned in the above post (stats, stats, stats, and gameplay, with a dash of visuals). I also agree that there is a matter of perspective and different strokes for different folks.

To add to this, I would say that although I sometimes chuckle to myself at how certain posters want/obsess over seemingly trivial things, I also realize that every request and constructive criticism is helpful to the devs. There's a reason the purple names are on here 24-7 this time of year and they undoubtedly get a lot of ideas about what to do and not do (and probably get some laughs and some rage from reading). I think the game benefits greatly from having so many people interested in critiquing so many facets of the game.

# 172 zello144 @ 02/24/16 01:45 PM
One thing I noticed during the stream at Chase field when the roof was closed you guys said that the fielder didn't get to the ball because he lost it in the sun. How is it possible to lose the ball in the sun when the roof is closed?

# 173 jake44np @ 02/24/16 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I thought that it was sunlight coming through.
Check out the picture I posted.
it is a day game with light coming through but the roof and upper part of the stadium are not gold or yellow.

# 174 lilrosati56 @ 02/24/16 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Still no indicator to let you know that a player is stealing a base. This has been a problem for several years now. I hope it's possible to finally fix this.

Edit: Something as simple as the respective base icon in the scorebug flashing red to let you know he's stealing a base would be a great help.
I've never had an issue with this. I guess if you use the pitcher view camera with runner windows off it might be an issue, but other than that I'm not sure what else would be needed.

# 175 LastActionHero @ 02/24/16 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrosati56
I've never had an issue with this. I guess if you use the pitcher view camera with runner windows off it might be an issue, but other than that I'm not sure what else would be needed.

They could have an infielder screaming "going!" through the speaker of the controller.

# 176 Syce @ 02/24/16 02:01 PM
i wonder if they solved the Replay issues from 15 like balls going right through bats and check swings having weird animations where the bat actually floats to the position it ends at while the players check swing is in motion. things like that.

# 177 citybythebay85 @ 02/24/16 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Check out the picture I posted.
it is a day game with light coming through but the roof and upper part of the stadium are not gold or yellow.
The difference is that your picture is during a day game, while the game they were playing in the broadcast was a night game and the "gold" you were seeing was the sun light from the sunset.

# 178 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/24/16 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
i wonder if they solved the Replay issues from 15 like balls going right through bats and check swings having weird animations where the bat actually floats to the position it ends at while the players check swing is in motion. things like that.
I'm think those things have been explained in the past based on the way they have to "make up" and insert frames that didn't exist at real time in order to produce slow motion in replay. Something like that. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

# 179 thaSLAB @ 02/24/16 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I also noticed the stat overlay where it shows the On deck batter is transparent and you can hardly see it. I am going to assume this is just happening becasue this build is still a WIP.

Hopefully that will not happen in the final game.
That was a bug. It was actually remnants from a prior pop-out.

Also, you mentioned the "tilt" in the fish eye batting cam... That was intentional, as it is actually an offset cam, to help with better picking up curveballs/sliders. I'm sure you can make a custom cam, based off of the default and remove the offset. That's what I did when I played with it.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

# 180 jake44np @ 02/24/16 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay85
The difference is that your picture is during a day game, while the game they were playing in the broadcast was a night game and the "gold" you were seeing was the sun light from the sunset.
I have been to plenty of night games at Chase Field and the roof has never appeared to be yellow or gold when the sun sets. Sorry.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.