Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch stream has begun, post your thoughts here!

For those that miss out, we will update this post with the archive, when it has completed.

UPDATE: Here is the archive.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 flamarlin2121 @ 03/03/16 06:17 PM
Dang, people giving me a hard time on here. I guess saying Ramone "played" me is a bit harsh, I just would have preferred him to have said "no" instead of leading me on/giving my hopes up. I have wanted non-roster invitees for many, many years and I thought this year was the first time it was actually going to happen.

I liked to play my franchise as realistically as possible and that would have helped tremendously. I love The Show and buy it every single year, but I just am disappointed with the route they are going. I don't care anything at all about DD and I play RTTS sparingly, so that's why I'm so invested in franchise. Guess they can't make everyone happy.

# 62 Shakedowncapo @ 03/03/16 06:17 PM
Tell you what, I like Matty V's new homerun calls. He now yells like he does on actual TV broadcasts.

# 63 andrewochs615 @ 03/03/16 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Yeah they added in Conquest and Battle Royale though. Whatever the heck those are lol
Another random game mode they add like every year while continuing to reject and not revamp franchise mode or even RTTS. Maybe for once I won't buy the game this year. The neglection of franchise mode is really starting to get on my nerves.

# 64 WaitTilNextYear @ 03/03/16 06:18 PM
To summarize

I missed the first few minutes, so feel free to add to this...

(1) Commentary remembers past season awards and stats in franchise.

(2) Playoff pitcher stamina fix.

(3) Blockbuster free agent signing screens shows player in new uni.

(4) Morale system (not optional, can't turn off) has 7 components (only 4 factor into signing free agents)

(5) Scouting system with more info on generated players (not just 4 attributes, but all attributes given) and 20-80 system

(6) Generated players a bit more life-like appearance

(7) Full career and season stats tracked and sortable by player

(8) Ratings progression heavily tied to stats (saw a -9 and -10 applied after one season of batting terribly against LHPs)

(9) Trade logic changed, trade frequency slider added

(10) Luxury tax and revenue sharing added to financial system

(11) New budget screens including payroll 5 years into the future

(12) WAR stat (custom formula, but appears mostly similar to major websites) includes defense and positional adjustment for position players

(13) Considering a player import into franchise feature for next year

None of these updates are for online and if it isn't on this list, the answer is most likely no.

# 65 Gagnon39 @ 03/03/16 06:19 PM
Why are they spending all the time talking about Diamond Dynasty? Ugh. Franchise mode gets the shaft again.

# 66 dran1984 @ 03/03/16 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Have you asked them about it? We got the playoff stamina question answered in a few minutes.
Wasn't a complaint, I was just mentioning that it had been tweaked in some way. I normally don't have the best luck in getting questions answered in twitch streams, so no.

# 67 HozAndMoose @ 03/03/16 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewochs615
Another random game mode they add like every year while continuing to reject and not revamp franchise mode or even RTTS. Maybe for once I won't buy the game this year. The neglection of franchise mode is really starting to get on my nerves.
Then dont buy it. They havent neglected either of those modes. You just dont like what they added.

# 68 jb12780 @ 03/03/16 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
To summarize

(4) Morale system (not optional, can't turn off) has 7 components (only 4 factor into signing free agents)

(5) Scouting system with more info on generated players (not just 4 attributes, but all attributes given) and 20-80 system

(8) Ratings progression heavily tied to stats (saw a -9 and -10 applied after one season of batting terribly against LHPs)

(12) WAR stat (custom formula, but appears mostly similar to major websites) includes defense and positional adjustment for position players

None of these updates are for online and if it isn't on this list, the answer is most likely no.
Lots of good changes here. The mode definitely wasn't neglected.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 69 redsfan4life @ 03/03/16 06:22 PM
Franchise mode wasn't neglected. Online Franchise was. I just can't play the AI anymore in any game..just completely lifeless.

# 70 JTommy67 @ 03/03/16 06:24 PM
Linking progression to stats is redundant and creates a circular flow. Player performance is affected by ratings, but now ratings are affected by player performance.

In real life, players don't get better because they bat .300, they bat .300 because they get better.

Bad idea.

# 71 kaptainkarl76 @ 03/03/16 06:24 PM
Any word about Game Logs? I was told to watch the stream..not possible at the moment..

# 72 HozAndMoose @ 03/03/16 06:25 PM
Here is the main Franchise part of the stream. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywnl4TOPfDY
HD will be up at some point.

# 73 eric7064 @ 03/03/16 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTommy67
Linking progression to stats is redundant and creates a circular flow. Player performance is affected by ratings, but now ratings are affected by player performance.

In real life, players don't get better because they bat .300, they bat .300 because they get better.

Bad idea.
Agreed. Avisal Garcia went from 72 contact vs lefties to 62. That is drastic. He did hit .143 I Believe. While I wouldn't mind SOME regression, how is he ever going to get better? He wont, it will only continue to drop.

I like some performance based progression but that seems drastic to me.

# 74 jvalverde88 @ 03/03/16 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
To summarize

Nope nothing new here.

# 75 bcruise @ 03/03/16 06:29 PM
JMO:

This stream lost a lot of its thunder due to the leaked GT video. We probably weren't supposed to find out about career stats until Tuesday's vlog, and that's a huge addition for anyone who plays the mode long-term. It seems like by now, after the leaked trailer, that people are taking that addition for granted already and not considering it "new". Same for morale - that changes the whole structure of roster composition and contract signings (I'm actually a bit curious how the game will handle editing contracts now with that in place). Those were supposed to be huge reveals this week.

This would have been a pretty informative stream - even in the 30 minutes or so that they talked about franchise - if that video hadn't leaked. Even so we still got some nice tidbits like the blockbuster sign/trade thing and playoff pitcher fatigue being rebalanced.

# 76 redsox4evur @ 03/03/16 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Nope nothing new here.
Yep don't care about care about Franchise...only modes that make them extra money.

# 77 WaitTilNextYear @ 03/03/16 06:30 PM
Quote:

Bad idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Agreed. Avisal Garcia went from 72 contact vs lefties to 62. That is drastic. He did hit .143 I Believe. While I wouldn't mind SOME regression, how is he ever going to get better? He wont, it will only continue to drop.

I like some performance based progression but that seems drastic to me.
Yeah, the +/- 10 is way too drastic and shows little knowledge of sample size/regressing splits. Someone should mail them a copy of Tom Tango's The Book!

# 78 Bobhead @ 03/03/16 06:31 PM
Quote:

Bad idea.
The point is that the two are now correlated together, which wasn't the case before. You're right in that the concept doesn't make sense from a logical perspective, but if you take a step back you'll realize that doesn't really matter.

In real life, a player occasionally gets better AND has a great year. Regardless of the order, the point is that the two things happen concurrently.

Again, I agree with you on the semantics, but this observation of yours has no real functional effect on the game. Even if they did it the "proper" way (which would be far more labor intensive), the net result would be exactly the same: a system that produces busts and surprise superstars, and translates those occurrences into actual changes in performance..

# 79 eric7064 @ 03/03/16 06:40 PM
I do notice Ramone in this stream has said No Create a Stadium in "MLB 16". Many times. Emphasis on 16. I really think it will be in in MLB 17. The way he says it, it makes me think so.

# 80 WaitTilNextYear @ 03/03/16 06:53 PM
The percentage of non-franchise mode questions they're taking and answering in the franchise stream is a bit annoying...but I guess it gets to be a downer to keep saying 'no' to the same franchise mode questions.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.