Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The Angels aren't off to a great start -- now thanks to news that Garrett Richards needs Tommy John surgery -- the news has just gotten worse.

The Angels rotation really isn't anything near what it could have been, should have been, or might have been. And to top that off, the lineup which looked so formidable for years to come just a couple of short years ago looks downright average now.

Quote:
"In other words: A team projected as mediocre is now 13-15 and looking worse, and that's with Mike Trout tearing things up with a .317/.400/.596 line. Did we mention the Angels have what is universally regarded as the worst farm system in the game? Which is why Dave Cameron of FanGraphs wrote this:

And that reality prompts the obvious question: is it time to think about trading Mike Trout?

It may be unthinkable, but David Schoenfield at ESPN.com is suggesting the Angels should indeed think about trading Mike Trout.

Thanks to a horribly lackluster farm system, a bunch of heavy contracts for players not producing, and simply because the team just isn't that good: it may just be time for the whole experiment in Anaheim to be thrown to the wind.

But what do you think? Should the Angels look to trade Mike Trout and begin rebuilding the whole project? Sound off in the comments!

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 deadlocked @ 05/07/16 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

The Angels aren't off to a great start -- now thanks to news that Garrett Richards needs Tommy John surgery -- the news has just gotten worse.

The Angels rotation really isn't anything near what it could have been, should have been, or might have been. And to top that off, the lineup which looked so formidable for years to come just a couple of short years ago looks downright average now.

It may be unthinkable, but David Schoenfield at ESPN.com is suggesting the Angels should indeed think about trading Mike Trout.

Thanks to a horribly lackluster farm system, a bunch of heavy contracts for players not producing, and simply because the team just isn't that good: it may just be time for the whole experiment in Anaheim to be thrown to the wind.

But what do you think? Should the Angels look to trade Mike Trout and begin rebuilding the whole project? Sound off in the comments!

Yes trade him to the Nationals. Strausburg, Harper, AND Trout?!?!

Or trade him to my D-Backs. We need OF help.

# 42 Ghost Of The Year @ 05/07/16 08:10 PM
This should have been a poll for Angels franchise mode: Will You Trade Trout To Rebuild?
If the majority had answered yes, we'd have the definitive answer to which team is hardest to rebuild, & it wouldn't be San Diego lol

# 43 jcas007 @ 05/07/16 08:28 PM
They would need mlb players and some prospects in return gonna have to add something else to sweeten the pot to get some players that can play now

# 44 xCULLO @ 05/07/16 08:45 PM
It would only be a win for them if they could somehow include Pujols and get back at least 4 Blue Chip Prospects Plus an already budding star.. and still wouldnt be that big of a win

# 45 tonybologna @ 05/07/16 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
This should have been a poll for Angels franchise mode: Will You Trade Trout To Rebuild?
If the majority had answered yes, we'd have the definitive answer to which team is hardest to rebuild, & it wouldn't be San Diego lol
What about my Braves? Aren't they considered the worst team right now in MLB even though they have a loaded minor league farm system right now?

# 46 Ghost Of The Year @ 05/07/16 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
What about my Braves? Aren't they considered the worst team right now in MLB even though they have a loaded minor league farm system right now?
Braves have the worst MGMT, not the worst team.

# 47 MoneyOvaHuds @ 05/07/16 09:57 PM
Trade him to the Cubs [emoji102]

# 48 tonybologna @ 05/07/16 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Braves have the worst MGMT, not the worst team.
I would at least partially agree with you on that one. It's time for Fredi to hit the road first in my opinion.

# 49 dickey1331 @ 05/07/16 11:20 PM
Why is this in the Show thread?

As a Rangers fan I'm ok with the Angles trading him.

# 50 Jershy88 @ 05/08/16 12:11 AM
*full disclosure* Passive minnesota baseball fan here...absolutely not! The top priority for franchise owners in any sport is to make money; the same goes for incredibly rich owners who do it as a hobby. You don't ever trade away your main ticket draw. It's never been done, never ever will.

# 51 Hawkalypse @ 05/08/16 02:59 AM
When his career is over, he might end up being the best baseball player the world has ever seen. He's on his way to achieving exactly that.

The answer is no a million times over. As an M's fan, I'd love to get him out of the division, but it's not going to happen. It would alienate the fan base and kill ticket sales.

You don't trade the best player in the world, who is 24, and under club control for another four seasons.

# 52 Perfect Zero @ 05/08/16 07:01 AM
Heck no they shouldn't trade Trout. The Angels have a superstar player that they use to sell all types of crap with his face on it, and he is a stud athlete that you can build around. Now, Arte isn't known for smart signings, but if he let's his GM do his thing, that team could be really good in a few years.

# 53 kenp86 @ 05/08/16 12:13 PM
Happ, Almora, Baez, vogelbach, McKinney, Fowler, hendriks for trout

# 54 kenp86 @ 05/13/16 02:49 PM
I was reading an article about rumors of Cubs/Angels Trout trade. Here's the speculative offer: The deal: Javier Baez, Jorge Soler, Kyle Schwarber, Gleyber Torres, Duane Underwood, Billy McKinney, and Dan Vogelbach for Trout

# 55 Garrett59 @ 05/13/16 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp86
I was reading an article about rumors of Cubs/Angels Trout trade. Here's the speculative offer: The deal: Javier Baez, Jorge Soler, Kyle Schwarber, Gleyber Torres, Duane Underwood, Billy McKinney, and Dan Vogelbach for Trout
this would be the closest to a trout deal. To get him you cant give up 5 prospects, because there unestablished prospects while trouts the real deal. You would have to give up young players who have made some type of impact already (shwarber, soler) and a boatload of bluce chip prospects.

# 56 Garrett59 @ 05/13/16 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Dodgers could get him for Puig, Seager, Urias, and De Leon, Zach Lee. It would have to be a package like this imo to get a generational talent like trout.

# 57 NYJin2011tm @ 05/13/16 06:35 PM
Maybe the question shouldn't be if the Angels should trade Trout but rather should Trout request a trade? Angels future does no look bright at his point.

# 58 Rocket32 @ 05/14/16 07:25 PM
In my opinion yes, it is time to trade him. I don't think keeping trout will result in winning anything anytime soon. Yes he's the best player in baseball, well second best if you prefer Harper over him but no one can win without quality players around them. You can have Harper and Trout, but without the pieces around them you won't be winning a world series. Now I'm not saying they should just trade him to trade him. They should only do it if the right offer is their. If I was the Angels I would be actively shopping Trout once it nears deadline day. The Angels have the worst farm system and trading Trout would help towards changing that. With no talent coming up through the minors and an owner who seems reluctant to go above the luxury tax, and the albatross that is the Pujols contract on the books, how far can the Angels go anytime soon? To be honest, no matter what they do with Trout, I can't see them winning a world series for years.

# 59 TexasRyan @ 05/14/16 08:19 PM
I'm sure a GM would have to be out of their mind to offer whatever it would probably take to get him. If someone offers a crazy deal they probably should, but I doubt it'll happen.

# 60 bkrich83 @ 05/14/16 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
In my opinion yes, it is time to trade him. I don't think keeping trout will result in winning anything anytime soon. Yes he's the best player in baseball, well second best if you prefer Harper over him but no one can win without quality players around them. You can have Harper and Trout, but without the pieces around them you won't be winning a world series. Now I'm not saying they should just trade him to trade him. They should only do it if the right offer is their. If I was the Angels I would be actively shopping Trout once it nears deadline day. The Angels have the worst farm system and trading Trout would help towards changing that. With no talent coming up through the minors and an owner who seems reluctant to go above the luxury tax, and the albatross that is the Pujols contract on the books, how far can the Angels go anytime soon? To be honest, no matter what they do with Trout, I can't see them winning a world series for years.
There's no trade out there an opposing GM would put together that would match Trout's production. This is a stupid discussion.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.