Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, has been posting quite a few details on the upcoming EA Sports UFC 2 patch on his Twitter page. While no date for the patch has been revealed, he has posted quite a few nuggets. Check out some of them below and let us know what you think!
  • Punches in single collar clinch will no longer interrupt transitions
  • Increased counter window after denied clinch attempt
  • Added counter damage bonus after denied clinch attempt
  • Reduced the damage of Thai knees slightly
  • Fixed bug so you can now deny a clinch attempt during the follow through of your strike
  • Added new logic to control when different strike types can interrupt a takedown
  • Fixed bug that made takedowns in some clinch positions too easy, and others too hard
  • Added new grapple momentum scenarios to a few ground and clinch transitions
  • Gave fighters who have the sitout sweep in sprawl the option to also perform the half guard escape
  • Tuned the submissive fighter's escape from back mount to half guard to be a bit more difficult
  • Changed the inputs for submission reversals on the ground to be L2+R2 to fix exploits and enforce pre-emptive denial penalty
  • Punish the defender in a submission for defending a chain before it appears by taking away some defensive progress
  • Pushing in the wrong direction to deny submission chain blocks the defending fighter from pushing in the correct direction
  • AI will now use submission reversals
  • Some fighter AI's tuned to use submissions and takedowns more or less as appropriate to their real life counterparts
  • Blocking and stamina management improvements for pro AI
This post will get updated as more details are revealed.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 281 Bigg Cee @ 06/01/16 06:54 PM
GPD I don't wanna make a new thread so I figure I post this in this patch section, maybe for the next patch you can add all of the legends with reebok gear and legend gear to pick from.

Is this even possible for a future update???

# 282 aholbert32 @ 06/01/16 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
GPD I don't wanna make a new thread so I figure I post this in this patch section, maybe for the next patch you can add all of the legends with reebok gear and legend gear to pick from.

Is this even possible for a future update???
To be honest I would rather the art team work on new fighters or the new fight kits coming in UFC 200 than reebok kits for legend fighters. Especially given that its not easy to add new kits to fighters.

# 283 Bigg Cee @ 06/01/16 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
To be honest I would rather the art team work on new fighters or the new fight kits coming in UFC 200 than reebok kits for legend fighters. Especially given that its not easy to add new kits to fighters.
ya I had a feeling it would take to long, if it took Nate Diaz that long imagine all the legend fighters, plus GPD said something while back about character models and the shorts clipping if there not re made.

Owell mabye they can take a look at it if it's not to time consuming.

# 284 derekwade111 @ 06/01/16 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Can't deny that. You guys are definitely listening to the feedback. Even if I don't agree with the changes.

Edit: Don't agree with #1 and #4.
Why because you can't stop a transition in the clinch or that you relied on this to get Thai position, they could have made blocking a punch in SC gives you grapple advantage or auto break and it would have been more of a problem

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

# 285 SMOKEZERO @ 06/01/16 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
If they released the reebok 2.0 kits, the prototype colors image floating around on the Internet for UFC 2, that would be awesome! Honestly my number one wish at this point.

# 286 REDDy4war @ 06/01/16 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
But isn't it the damage bonus from the multiplier that causes a lot of the hit stuns? Or am I interpreting it wrong?

It seems like the problem is a combination of both.
god i hate those hit stuns. I hate when my player freezes up its so lame plz take this out and the game will be perfect for me

# 287 WarMMA @ 06/01/16 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDDy4war
god i hate those hit stuns. I hate when my player freezes up its so lame plz take this out and the game will be perfect for me
It's not really the hit stuns that are the problem. The issue is EA UFC's hit reactions. They are too over the top and exaggerated...especially off the combo multiplier. That's what makes it feel all tekken like. Guys all stumbling accross the octagon from a little leg kick off a combo and all that...that kind of stuff needs to be saved for when a fighter is rocked or hurt to that specific body part. If EA UFC had more nice short hit stuns, it would feel alot better. Then those bigger hit reactions could happen when your hurt more to a certain area or rocked or whatever.

# 288 ryan4889 @ 06/01/16 10:59 PM
For me, the auto-switch on the stance is the biggest gameplay issue at this point. However, if I could choose 1 thing for the next patch it would be to implement the new colors for kits. Extremely boring with the black and white. Still can't believe the let Reebok take over. I really liked the diversity of the gear before. At least they are finally bringing more variety.

# 289 JustDoIT2486 @ 06/01/16 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
It's not really the hit stuns that are the problem. The issue is EA UFC's hit reactions. They are too over the top and exaggerated...especially off the combo multiplier. That's what makes it feel all tekken like. Guys all stumbling accross the octagon from a little leg kick off a combo and all that...that kind of stuff needs to be saved for when a fighter is rocked or hurt to that specific body part. If EA UFC had more nice short hit stuns, it would feel alot better. Then those bigger hit reactions could happen when your hurt more to a certain area or rocked or whatever.
God i dont understand why EA doesnt work on the explosiveness and distance covered by strikes they are way too slow. and those reactions are absolutely ridiculousness when one gets stunned

# 290 derekwade111 @ 06/02/16 08:34 AM
Quick question about single collar will using knee/kicks ( really don't know what that is) stop a transition? Sorry if this has already been answered

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

# 291 WhoDatNinja @ 06/02/16 11:52 AM
So basically the clinch will be nerfed to the point of being just a glamour feature, only standing combos and ground work is allowed to be actually effective. Good thing i spent those points on making my UT guy a monster in the clinch... Its so easy to defend as it is now, guess it was too much to ask that people learn that aspect of the game, easier to just remove it

# 292 SUGATA @ 06/02/16 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
No, only the guillotine catch from sprawl SUB getup and the kneebar from half guard back sitting.

Takedown reversals behave the same as before.

This was done to fix the fact that the sub reversals could be preloaded with no penalty making them way OP.

Now they behave the same as a regular denial, but with the submission modifier to make it a submission reversal.
You keep the same input (L2+RS) for TD and Submission reversals in Stand up and Clinch.
And only for Ground change input (L+R2+RS) for Submission reversals - to prevent pre-emptive input.

Stand up TD/Submission reversals:
- are the same as Grapple block - both u can hold pre-eptively and it dpoes not drain stamina
OK, agree.

But

For CLINCH TD/Submission reversals:
- Grapple block can NOT be holded pre-eptively and it drains stamina
- TD/SUbmission reversal are different from Grapple block and CAN be holded pre-eptively and dont drain stamina
= disbalance!
NOT OK, disagree

How to fix:
always where we have Grapple HUD (Clinch and Ground, ecept only Stand up) change input for reversals to L2+R2+RS and all other penalties of standard Grapple block (blank GB, Wrong GB - penatlies).
I.e. ALWAYS Reversals must to have the same penalties and features as Grapple block(GB). GB is different ONLY between Stand up and Clinch/Ground. So reversals input must to be different ONLY between Standup and Clinch/Ground! This must to be the rule of balance.

# 293 Boiler569 @ 06/02/16 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatNinja
So basically the clinch will be nerfed to the point of being just a glamour feature, only standing combos and ground work is allowed to be actually effective. Good thing i spent those points on making my UT guy a monster in the clinch... Its so easy to defend as it is now, guess it was too much to ask that people learn that aspect of the game, easier to just remove it
You can still do a lot of work in the clinch, just wo'nt be able to drop people with one or two MT knees. The clinch entries are going to stay the same (and they are about perfect IMO) --- it's just that if you fail them, you get punished a bit more. Which is fair IMO.

Also, takedowns from Over Under and Double Under should be easier to score, now.

I do agree, though, clinch needs a bit of love in a couple areas in particular:

* Double Under needs a bigger denial window; it's too hard to keep someone in that position, even though it should be the most controlling position in the game

* Punches/elbows to the head (in single collar in particular) should do more damage; and have the potential for health events. If a guy's head is already pretty red...and you land 3 or 4 straight uppercuts or elbows in single collar without them blocking them or transitioning....that should drop them....

# 294 WhoDatNinja @ 06/02/16 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
You can still do a lot of work in the clinch, just wo'nt be able to drop people with one or two MT knees. The clinch entries are going to stay the same (and they are about perfect IMO) --- it's just that if you fail them, you get punished a bit more. Which is fair IMO.

Also, takedowns from Over Under and Double Under should be easier to score, now.

I do agree, though, clinch needs a bit of love in a couple areas in particular:

* Double Under needs a bigger denial window; it's too hard to keep someone in that position, even though it should be the most controlling position in the game

* Punches/elbows to the head (in single collar in particular) should do more damage; and have the potential for health events. If a guy's head is already pretty red...and you land 3 or 4 straight uppercuts or elbows in single collar without them blocking them or transitioning....that should drop them....
It reads that SC will be incredibly tough to keep now, since they'll just be able to escape when you try to strike, then back to comboland. MT should be tough to keep, it already is. Agree with both of your points, especially if SC is nerfed those uppercuts should do some serious damage. Thought the damage was behind making MT easier to escape, SC escape through strikes is just people crying that they cant methodically combo you to death from there

# 295 Boiler569 @ 06/02/16 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatNinja
It reads that SC will be incredibly tough to keep now, since they'll just be able to escape when you try to strike, then back to comboland. MT should be tough to keep, it already is. Agree with both of your points, especially if SC is nerfed those uppercuts should do some serious damage. Thought the damage was behind making MT easier to escape, SC escape through strikes is just people crying that they cant methodically combo you to death from there
well knees in SC can still stop transitions (not sure if you knew this)

plus of course you can still use your denials --- if your CAF has 90 clinch grappling vs someone with 70 clinch grappling, you'll def. be able to deny his clinch big time; drain tons of stamina; and gain lots of GA

The Like Glue perk might be a bit more useful now!

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.