Home
News Post

During the Xbox E3 2016 briefing, Microsoft announced the Xbox One S, starting at $299.99 for the 500GB version, $349.99 for the 1TB version and $399.99 for the limited quantity 2TB launch edition, all scheduled to arrive in August.

Pre-order here:
Quote:
With a fresh new design and “robot white” color, the Xbox One S is 40 percent smaller than the original Xbox One, creating the most compact Xbox yet. It also includes a built-in power supply, and in response to fan requests worldwide, can be placed horizontally or vertically with an optional stand.

Xbox One S is not just slimmer and sleeker. We also worked hard to add some exciting new features for video and gameplay. You’ll now be able to watch Blu-ray movies and stream video in stunning 4K Ultra HD video, with content from partners like Netflix and Amazon Video. Xbox One S also offers High Dynamic Range (HDR) support for video and gaming, so you can experience richer, more luminous colors in games like Gears of War 4 and Scalebound. With a higher contrast ratio between lights and darks, HDR brings out the true visual depth of your games and media.

For increased accessibility, we shifted one of the three USB ports and the pairing button to the front of the Xbox One S alongside the newly added IR blaster. Additionally, in order to make the Xbox One S as compact as possible and make all of these updates, we removed the dedicated Kinect port from the back. Kinect for Xbox One will still be compatible with Xbox One S via the Xbox Kinect Adapter for USB connection and offers the same great experiences as the current console. For fans that currently own a Kinect for Xbox One and plan to purchase the Xbox One S, we are offering a free Xbox Kinect Adapter. Visit xbox.com/XboxOne/KinectAdapter for more details.

The Xbox One S comes with a newly designed Xbox Wireless Controller featuring textured grip for enhanced comfort. We improved the Xbox Wireless signal performance to give you a more reliable wireless connection to the console and up to twice the wireless range when used with Xbox One S. To enable easier wireless connection to your Windows 10 devices, we also added Bluetooth support.* The new thumbstick design significantly reduces wear to help maintain accuracy and smooth rotation over the life of the controller, so you never miss a beat. The new Xbox Wireless Controller is included with all Xbox One S consoles and will be available worldwide for individual purchase for $59.99 USD.

At the end of the Xbox briefing, Microsoft announced Project Scorpio (codename for now), a new console that will play native 4K games and high-fidelity VR. The console will feature a performance speed of six teraflops and arrive sometime in the 2017 holiday season.

What are your plans? Getting the Xbox One S or waiting for Project Scorpio?

Member Comments
# 81 The JareBear @ 08/03/16 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
picture
Lucky man! Not gonna lie the console looks nice. When I am getting paid again I might have to pick one up after all

# 82 mestevo @ 08/03/16 12:41 PM
I like it so far, coming around on the controller. It's... different. I've only had day one controllers previously.

Between TV and car stereo stuff I want to get done I'll probably be able to get an elite for free w/ reward certificates, seriously considering that.

# 83 mike24forever @ 08/03/16 04:46 PM
Ordered the free Kinect adapter for the Xbox One S.

# 84 BadAssHskr @ 08/03/16 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
Ordered the free Kinect adapter for the Xbox One S.
Do you do that on xbox dot com?

Anyone played madden 16 on this machine? I hooked mine up late last night, and after the update fired up madden. It sure seems like my picture, for lack of better terms, was compressed. The picture still held the whole screen as usual, but in my preferred camera angle players seemed smaller. Also the loading screen, fit my tv as usual, but sure seemed like everything within the picture was smaller.

Is this my imagination, a poor setup, or a resolution change vs. my release edition xb1?

Ill be looking into it more tonight hopefully, just wondering if anyone else noticed anything like this?

# 85 mestevo @ 08/03/16 08:55 PM
M16 looked fine to me last night. If certainly look at your settings and do some tinkering.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 86 DanH35 @ 08/03/16 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Do you do that on xbox dot com?
Right now, you either have to call them or get one through online support chat. I'm not sure the wait when you call, I did the chat option, and it took about an hour and a half to get to a representative. I'm not sure why they don't just set up a website to enter your serial numbers and mailing address, maybe they will do that in the future.

# 87 m1ke_nyc @ 08/03/16 10:21 PM
This is definitely the most beautiful console I've ever seen. They did a good job designing this. And I agree with most people, this is what the Xbox One should have been from launch.

# 88 mestevo @ 08/03/16 10:35 PM
It looks nice but kind looks like a PlayStation prototype or something

# 89 Smallville102001 @ 08/04/16 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
High dynamic range . All 4ktvs don't have it only the higher end ones . Gives you better color accuracy and a brighter/darker picture. It improved the picture a lot. Many people say it's a bigger improvement than even 4K.

Interesting i will have to keep that in mind when i do get a 4k tv but most likly that is going to be a while. By then ever 4k tv may have that lol.

# 90 BadAssHskr @ 08/04/16 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
M16 looked fine to me last night. If certainly look at your settings and do some tinkering.
I fired up M16 again, i must have been hallucinating, looks like everything is in good shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
Right now, you either have to call them or get one through online support chat. I'm not sure the wait when you call, I did the chat option, and it took about an hour and a half to get to a representative. I'm not sure why they don't just set up a website to enter your serial numbers and mailing address, maybe they will do that in the future.

Right on, thanks. Almost doesn't seem worth it. Not a of a kinect gamer anyhow, but i did like just telling the console to turn on.

# 91 BL8001 @ 08/04/16 10:07 PM
Day 1 with mine. Just swapped out the xbox one for the xbox one s.

Have to go through all the getting your game ready stuff.

Only negative so far is I pulled the external off the previous one and attached it to the one s.

It notifies me often that it discovered the external hdd and hold guide button to blah blah blah.

Starting the nhl beta on the external made the console restart 2 times before it finally figured itself out and started the game.

I am chalking this up to the xbox just figuring out where everything is and needed some time to cache everything.

If it keeps re-recognizing the external I will have to go back to the one.

# 92 joet6683 @ 08/04/16 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Day 1 with mine. Just swapped out the xbox one for the xbox one s.

Have to go through all the getting your game ready stuff.

Only negative so far is I pulled the external off the previous one and attached it to the one s.

It notifies me often that it discovered the external hdd and hold guide button to blah blah blah.

Starting the nhl beta on the external made the console restart 2 times before it finally figured itself out and started the game.

I am chalking this up to the xbox just figuring out where everything is and needed some time to cache everything.

If it keeps re-recognizing the external I will have to go back to the one.
That happened to me before when moving an external between consoles. To fix it I unplugged the external, did a hard reboot, then plugged the external in after it booted up.

# 93 BL8001 @ 08/05/16 09:02 PM
Joet, that worked like a charm! Thanks.

This is a really nice console. It is very quiet and runs cool. My xbox one was always warm. Might be the smaller size has a bit more air space around it on my shelf but whatever it is, it barely feels warm at all.

# 94 longranger @ 08/06/16 03:01 PM
LG 50UH5500 - 50-Inch 4K HDR Pro Smart LED TV w/ webOS 3.0

What about this bad boy here. Would it work w xbone s

# 95 m1ke_nyc @ 08/06/16 07:34 PM
So with the OS and initial system update there's about 1.6TB left on the HDD, so what does this mean for the 500GB version ? That would leave it with 100GB of storage. Anybody hear anything about that ? Just kinda curious.

# 96 mestevo @ 08/06/16 11:00 PM
Quote:
So with the OS and initial system update there's about 1.6TB left on the HDD, so what does this mean for the 500GB version ? That would leave it with 100GB of storage. Anybody hear anything about that ? Just kinda curious.
A 2tb hard drive is only about 1.8gb of usable space.

# 97 Solidice @ 08/06/16 11:12 PM
Quote:
that is just how manufacturers market HDDs. they use 1000:1 ratio instead of 1024:1 ratio like it really is. so you never will get the 2.0 TBs that is marketed. I think on a 2TB drive, ~1.82 TB is the actual size.

# 98 longranger @ 08/07/16 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
If it has HDR10 software then it will work. I believe LG does as they did not go with Dolby version just like Sony and Samsung
How do u know or find out if it has Hdr10, cause it just says HDR nothing else about it. Thanks again

# 99 Smallville102001 @ 08/07/16 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
that is just how manufacturers market HDDs. they use 1000:1 ratio instead of 1024:1 ratio like it really is. so you never will get the 2.0 TBs that is marketed. I think on a 2TB drive, ~1.82 TB is the actual size.

I heard about that for the first time last year and that surprised me a lot. I dont know how they get away with that becuase really that is flat out lieing and is really false advertisment.

# 100 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/07/16 08:19 AM
Even in your cell phones they market it as having 64 GB when all of that really is not usable . It's the same for computers , tablets etc ...

Whole numbers are just better . even 4K is a marketing term

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.